Sign in to follow this  
bomba111982

Fox Footy Channel

. and stick Ch7 with Doggies/Demons on friday nights

Hey not nice. :winky:

Hey not nice. :winky:

as a long suffering dees fan, I with you on this one on Wheelz. For you and me, an upside of this farcial broadcast rights situation is that we get a good portion of our games in hd!

Saw that,could do some serious damage if there was a malfunction while hovering over a game.

Yeah for sure. But how good was the quality of the vision it provided!

I'm hoping Fox can mount it on cables so we get to see it a lot through the season.

The spidercam Se7en use now is worse quality than their main cameras, which are a joke themselves..

Couldn't have said it better myself! Add to that Absolute five star f***wits. It really does defy belief...it's 2013 for Christ's sake! Every other major sport in the world is at least FILMED in HD!!!

And so is the AFL on seven, they just don't give it to anybody else.

i'm not too sure about that. Someone here has the BD of last years GF and says its nor filmed in HD. if they cant film the GF in HD, what hope does any other game have.........

And so is the AFL on seven, they just don't give it to anybody else.

Including the AFL I reckon! I know it's all HD equipment, cameras, OB van etc. that's the most frustrating thing about it!

D.

i'm not too sure about that. Someone here has the BD of last years GF and says its nor filmed in HD. if they cant film the GF in HD, what hope does any other game have.........

No it means the bluray is not in HD which has nothing to do with how the game was shot only distributed.

Here is a link to Gearhouse's site in regards to their OB equipment. http://www.gearhousebroadcast.com/australasia/content/outside-broadcast/

Have a look at their equipment. Now do you think you would do the largest sporting event in a truck that can control 16 cameras and 5 replays servers (SD1) or in a truck that can do 20 cameras + 4 super slow mo cameras + 4 RF cameras and 8 replay servers and seat 11 people in the production area (HD2) or in one that can only seat 6?

I'm thinking you would pay for a larger truck, the same one that does all their big games.

No it means the bluray is not in HD which has nothing to do with how the game was shot only distributed.

Hardly seems worth releasing a bluray when they don't get given an HD master! Might as well release the entire VFL/AFL grand final back catalogue on Blu for all the good it would do!

D.

1. If the 2012 GF was filmed in HD why havent seven released it to produce a HD version of the game on bluray.

2. Are the archive versions of 7s games the afl get given for their vault in SD or HD.

How is the 7mate v Fox Footy HD comparison at the moment. I only have Fox Footy via Internet TV so I cannot compare. Is 7Mate HD but a poor quality version or a good upscaled SD?

How is the 7mate v Fox Footy HD comparison at the moment. I only have Fox Footy via Internet TV so I cannot compare. Is 7Mate HD but a poor quality version or a good upscaled SD?

Upscaled my friend - and not a very good upscale at that.

Upscaled my friend - and not a very good upscale at that.

I assume Seven must get a HD feed from Foxtel or do they?

cheers laurie

All games on Se7en are filmed by Se7en I thought. The only passing of feeds is from Se7en to Foxtel, not the other way around.

The games shown on 7Mate are upscales of their own SD filmed trash.

Someone correct me..

All games on Se7en are filmed by Se7en I thought. The only passing of feeds is from Se7en to Foxtel, not the other way around.

The games shown on 7Mate are upscales of their own SD filmed trash.

Someone correct me..

Four matches each round are produced by 7, five by Fox Footy. Generally speaking, the ch7 produced matches are Friday nights, Saturday arvo (either 1:45pm or 2:10 start), Saturday night and the 3:10pm match on Sunday. All other matches are produced in HD by Fox Footy.

7 and Fox have completely different graphics packages, so it's easy to spot when a game is produced by one or the other. For example, the normal on screen score bug for Fox Footy is in the top left corner in a thin strip with the teams side by side. For 7 matches, it is bottom left, with the home team on the top and away on the bottom.

It's pretty obvious 7 only provide Fox with an SD feed, but I can neither confirm nor deny whether an HD feed is made available to 7 from a Fox produced game. I'd guess probably not, but given 7's apathy towards sport in HD, who knows!

D.

It's pretty obvious 7 only provide Fox with an SD feed, but I can neither confirm nor deny whether an HD feed is made available to 7 from a Fox produced game. I'd guess probably not, but given 7's apathy towards sport in HD, who knows!

D.

Do the 4 games on Se7en vary per state?

If not, then I don't see why they'd need any footage from Fox. Wouldn't they just have footage of their own games & distribute them to the SD/(upscaled)HD channels, depending on state?

As per Doodlefeatures post. Any Fox produced game featuring a non Victorian team will be screened on Seven/7mate back into that teams local market.

Ahh sorry, missed Doodles post. Cheers.

Do the 4 games on Se7en vary per state?

If not, then I don't see why they'd need any footage from Fox. Wouldn't they just have footage of their own games & distribute them to the SD/(upscaled)HD channels, depending on state?

Yes, but not the games they produce

Melbourne is the 'home base' for Channel 7 games - we get all their original broadcasts here in Melbourne - hence why we dont ever see FFC games on FTA (except for the Pre-season cup GF, and perhaps a few of the tassie games shown very very late at night)

Four matches each round are produced by 7, five by Fox Footy. Generally speaking, the ch7 produced matches are Friday nights, Saturday arvo (either 1:45pm or 2:10 start), Saturday night and the 3:10pm match on Sunday. All other matches are produced in HD by Fox Footy.

G'day hidefdave,

Channel 7 matches are now the 1:45pm start, I don't believe they broadcast any 2:10pm games anymore, for delaying purposes, the whole point of starting at 1:45pm was to delay the coverage into Victoria by 30mins, to start at 2pm. That statement was false it seems, and they're delaying it up to 90 mins now for a 3pm start, to run into the news. However, if a non-Victorian team is playing, the home state will get it Live

To answer Ralfi's other question, some states can get more than 4 games per week, look at Regional N.T. who take games involving Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS, Port and Adelaide, they take 6 games on Free to air, using Southern Cross Central and 7mate

using Southern Cross Central

That may not last if WIN takes over Southern Cross!!

cheers laurie

ps Seven has threaten WIN it will take content away if it goes ahead I said "Threaten"!!

Wasn't there something from the ACCC last year where they said Fox weren't going to be misleading in their ads or words to that effect?

Shows how much clout the ACCC has lol

Edited by doodlefeatures

I've noticed that Fox Footy keep advertising 'Live in HD' for upscaled games like tonights game.

Wasn't there something from the ACCC last year where they said Fox weren't going to be misleading in their ads or words to that effect?

Shows how much clout the ACCC has lol

I got my $30 (iirc) refund for their misleading advertising last year - ended up going toward keeping the IQHD over the offseason.

I also noticed they weren't saying only their 5 games were in HD.....still misleading customers....

I got my $30 (iirc) refund for their misleading advertising last year - ended up going toward keeping the IQHD over the offseason.

I also noticed they weren't saying only their 5 games were in HD.....still misleading customers....

Eddie McGuire's remarks to open the second half of tonights game between Richmond and Carlton......quote "high definition all the way" . Bulldust Eddie!