Fox Footy Channel

Here are the ratings for the AFL grand final:

3.2m viewers for AFL Grand Final

Photo13afl-300x201.jpgThe numbers for the AFL Grand Final hit a staggering 3.2m viewers yesterday.

They top the preliminary 3.1m for The Voice: The Winner Announced (but it reached 3.23m with Timeshifted data). It was nearly a record for the football -the highest rated AFL Grand Final since OzTAM began was 3.39m in 2005.

Seven tactfully divided the match into separate portions with the Presentations at 3.19m, and the bulk of the match still on a whopping 2.93m viewers. There were 1.4m viewers in Melbourne alone and another 740,000 in Sydney -not including clubs, pubs and restaurants.

As a result Seven easily won the week. TEN lost to ABC, just, for the seventh week in a row.

Network:

Seven: 33.0%

Nine: 26.7%

ABC: 17.6%

TEN: 17.1%

SBS: 5.5%

Primary Channel:

Seven: 24.7%

Nine: 20.0%

ABC1: 13.6%

TEN: 10.8%

SBS ONE: 4.8%

Multichannels:

7TWO: 5.0

GO!: 3.9

7mate: 3.3

ELEVEN: 3.2

ONE: 3.1

Gem: 2.8

ABC2: 2.3

ABC3: 0.9

ABC News 24: 0.9

SBS TWO: 0.8

Nine won 16-39, 18-49 and Seven won 25-54.

Seven ranked first every night except Thursday, which fell to Nine. TEN lost every night to the ABC.

Seven was also first in all 5 cities.

Aside from AFL, Seven’s other performers were Seven News (Sat: 1.88m, Sun: 1.39m, weeknights: 1.18m), The X Factor (1.63m / 1.42m), Sunday Night (1.62m), Border Security (1.24m) and Air Ways (1.16m).

60 Minutes (1.4m) was best for Nine then House Husbands (1.2m), Nine News (weeknights: 1.1m, Sunday: 1.08m), The Footy Show (1.06m) and Big Brother (Eviction 1.02m).

ABC News (weeknights: 1.01m, Sun: 917,000) topped ABC1 followed by Call the Midwife (983,000), Great Southern Land (948,000), Australian Story (936,000) and Gruen Planet (916,000).

NCIS (704,000) was best for TEN then TEN News (666,000), Puberty Blues (654,000) a Modern Family repeat (611,000) and Can of Worms (592,000).

On SBS ONE it was Coast (354,000), Who Do You Think You Are? and Prohibition (both 340,000) and Rebuilding the Past (290,000).

FULL STORY: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/09/3-2m-viewers-for-afl-grand-final.html

Edited by justin25

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 really have us by the balls. I mean I would have watched the GF even if it was broadcast live in black and white. Sure I'm pissed that the picture quality was awful but I certainly wasn't going to miss the game.

7 really have us by the balls. I mean I would have watched the GF even if it was broadcast live in black and white. Sure I'm pissed that the picture quality was awful but I certainly wasn't going to miss the game.

Exactly,they know we'll watch no matter what they broadcast.Joe average dosent really care about quality they just want it free.

The NRL GF replay with Fox Sports commentators on Fox Sports looked great in HD and without the Sydney bias that plagued the ch9 SD coverage!

Yes, I agree.

The plebs that I know that think HD is nothing special need their eyes tested, or their tv's!

Comparing 9 and Foxs' replay was like chalk and cheese, jeeze TV is frustrating in this country. :angry2:

Edited by Wags

Got a letter from the ACCC. Foxtel will refund $30 to those who complained about Foxtels' misleading "Brilliant HD" marketing campaign. Surprisingly positive result.

Complained to ACCC or to Foxtel or either?

What a cop out. How is it that every other major sport can be filmed in HD even if it is only transmitted in SD by the FTA rights holder?

Sure, it's a business decision, which achieves their desired outcome - to not give fox a free kick!

How about "Wayne from Albury"? That's got setup written all over it!

D.

How about "Wayne from Albury"? That's got setup written all over it!

D.

You could sense the genuine relief in Martins response, as if he'd been bombarded about HD all year, & was finally happy to speak to someone passionately against it, as he is.

So out of touch..

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the fox footy channel was going to be taken off at the end of the season guess they must have changed their minds and are just going to replay all the games from the season over and over again

Dont speak to soon,might stop after they have replayed the whole season.

dosent look like it had a look on the tv guide and they are showing it again starting this wednesday

Good Lord! You can't be serious. What a waste of bandwith. What sort of retard would want to watch an AFL game more than once. You've had multiple opportunities to record the game throughout the season and now they're going to waste an SD and HD channel on crappy replays when Fox Sports picture quality (SD) has been deteriorating in the past few weeks.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if the broadcast schedule has been released yet? Hoping the Bombers get more Fox games this year :D

Going off the members fixture; Rounds 4, 10, 15, 19, 20 & 21 are on Fox.

Is that better than last year? I was pissed off the Dons had hardly any on Fox Footy last year - made signing up even less value for money.......hence why I was never going to pay full price for it..