Fox Footy Channel

If the summer sporting calender is any guide ie Big Bash and A League soccer, it looks like Foxtel is addressing the weak spots (Hobart & Perth) in its outside broadcast hd capacity. Nevertheless, suspect on average, Fox will be able to cover about 4 out of its scheduled 5 games in native HD. There's so much live sport, ie NRL, Super Rugby etc that it wil be a stretch for them to cover 5 AFL games every week at every location in HD. So if you combine the FTA and pay coverage, theoretically this will mean a majority of AFL games (5 out of the 9) will not be in native HD.

I guess it also boils down to a matter of opinion whether one regards upscaled sd telecasts as HD. One constant which we can rely on is that for FTA viewers, the channel 7 games will retain the mantle as the worst outside broadcast quality sporting coverage of all time.

The Big Bash games from Hobart and Perth have been HD for the last couple of years

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One constant which we can rely on is that for FTA viewers, the channel 7 games will retain the mantle as the worst outside broadcast quality sporting coverage of all time.

Even worse than 9?............yeah, you are probably right! :ninja:

Why is everyone so negative u r all forgetting this is the first year we can watch all games live

Your right Con i think some people are going to be surprised by how good the footy coverage is going to be this season,Of course the knockers will always be around knit picking but with fox's previous record thats understandable.

They stated every bigbash game will be HD and it has so i have no reason to think that as stated every fox coverage game will be HD,tho darwin may be an exception.

My main gripe has always been live games,now thats sorted any thing else is a bonus

Either way until its up and running all we are doing is guessing and accrding to the FAQ on the afl on the fox web site its still free with the sports package.

Your right Con i think some people are going to be surprised by how good the footy coverage is going to be this season,Of course the knockers will always be around knit picking but with fox's previous record thats understandable.

They stated every bigbash game will be HD and it has so i have no reason to think that as stated every fox coverage game will be HD,tho darwin may be an exception.

My main gripe has always been live games,now thats sorted any thing else is a bonus

Either way until its up and running all we are doing is guessing and accrding to the FAQ on the afl on the fox web site its still free with the sports package.

They also say every A-League game, and the cricket from Sri Lanka(!), is HD too so it's no wonder folks are sceptical

They also say every A-League game, and the cricket from Sri Lanka(!), is HD too so it's no wonder folks are sceptical

Can't say i've ever heard them say "every" A-league in HD tho i have heard "Every A-league game live and exclusive".As for the cricket in Sri Lanka were they given a HD feed?

Anyway as i said lets wait and see,much easier to bag something when it actually happens.

Edited by wheelz

Guest david ball

fox footy is going to be 206 hd/sd and speed will be 213 as i received an email from foxsports and this is the same for austar also

Guest david ball

Here's the HD channel configuration (after FOX FOOTY launches) for those with the HD pack.

501- FOX SPORTS 1HD

502- FOX SPORTS 2HD

503- FOX SPORTS 3HD

505- SPEED HD

506- FOX FOOTY HD

where did you get your informatyon from as the foxtel magazines do not come out until after 23rd of month and nobody at foxtel know what the new channel is going to be. for you information the channel will more than likely be 504 as they will group them together.what you have also quoted is for iq2 only and not standard or iq only boxes

Here's the HD channel configuration (after FOX FOOTY launches) for those with the HD pack.

501- FOX SPORTS 1HD

502- FOX SPORTS 2HD

503- FOX SPORTS 3HD

505- SPEED HD

506- FOX FOOTY HD

whoever yoy got the info from was wrong in the foxel mag for Feb it says FoxFooty 504

After the bounce returns feb 19th 6:30 before the last week 1 triangle game

AFL 360 starts Mon 20th at 7:30 {and is on mon-Thurs} On the couch at 8:30

Insider is back still on Tuesdays

New show just names "AFL Special" on 830 Wednesdays

teams moves to 8:30 Thursdays

no classic games/programs yet. just 2011 games and 2012 NAB cup games

Edited by Aussiedude

What is the cheapest way to get foxtel if all you want is the HD Footy channel ?

I think it would be,

Standard pack $45

Plus sport pack $16

plus HD $10

Total $71

We have the sportHD package at $102, it's a bit of a rip but we watch it all the time. SOME of the HD stuff is pretty good.