High End Audio System - System update!

4 hours ago, darthlaker said:

Just waiting on the new Audioquest interconnects....then it's over!

Darth

I thought you already had Audioquest interconnects?

What model are the new ones going to be? An 'upgrade' presumably.

Benje

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

..... said Mrs D.

... but not D Jnr!!!   :D 

23 minutes ago, Benje said:

Darth

I thought you already had Audioquest interconnects?

What model are the new ones going to be? An 'upgrade' presumably.

Benje

Yes  yes.

Have top of the line Audioquest William E Low WEL signature series balanced interconnects....

New model coming early next year which will be even better! (Based on the tech used in their new insane power cables and speaker cables)....

:D

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, darthlaker said:

GREAT (26 minutes) video with loudspeaker designer (for over 45 years!), Richard Vandersteen.

Never knew he was a friend of Johnny Cash - amusing story about him in the video.

Would a Richard Vandersteen's seminar get you to the Melbourne Show??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stump said:

Would a Richard Vandersteen's seminar get you to the Melbourne Show??

For sure! :)

Unfortunately in Australia, Vandersteen speakers have been woefully represented.

They consistently get best of show/one of the best of show at hi-fi shows in the US and Europe.

Edited by darthlaker
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, darthlaker said:

Vandersteen getting yet another one of "Best of show" at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2019.

And once again - against more expensive speakers.

Are you being bias?

Best Sound (Cost No Object)

I could have gone Vandersteen, Wilson, or YG but my heart kept returning to the Joseph Pearl 3 .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darthlaker said:

the write-up on the PS Audio AN3 sounds intriguing. Hybrid - a bit of a Frankenstein vibe ("a four-way hybrid with rear-firing tweeter, double magnetic-gap woofer, coaxial AMT tweeter and planar-magnetic midrange, plus dual 300W active mid/bass drivers and 12” active sub driven by 700-watt ICE module power"). Sure to cost a pretty penny. Not sure about the unique mix of tech, but maybe they're onto something...niche perhaps...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zippi said:

the write-up on the PS Audio AN3 sounds intriguing. Hybrid - a bit of a Frankenstein vibe ("a four-way hybrid with rear-firing tweeter, double magnetic-gap woofer, coaxial AMT tweeter and planar-magnetic midrange, plus dual 300W active mid/bass drivers and 12” active sub driven by 700-watt ICE module power"). Sure to cost a pretty penny. Not sure about the unique mix of tech, but maybe they're onto something...niche perhaps...

Yes will be interesting to hear...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stump said:

Are you being bias?

Best Sound (Cost No Object)

I could have gone Vandersteen, Wilson, or YG but my heart kept returning to the Joseph Pearl 3 .....

Yea, maybe!

Vandy have been getting best of show/one of best of show for more than 10 years now. Must be doing something right!

:D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
I bought an LP signed by The Fab Four!!

....no not THAT Fab Four.....read on!

The daughter loves a band....her first band ever......The Wiggles.....and they aren't bad either!! They had 12 sold out shows at Madison Square Garden's Theatre in New York!

So I read about their history online and WAIT....there was a release on vinyl....released in 2016 and only 1,000 made!!

What a great gift I thought....so the hunt started.......

NONE for sale on Discogs! One was on Ebay and I missed it and they RARELY come up for sale......

BUT WAIT.....then I learnt that The Wiggles hand signed 150 releases..........!!!

Luckily on Discogs you can see what albums people have in their collection....I emailed all of them (around 50!) and would have been happy with an unsigned release but JACKPOT...a guy had a hand signed copy that he was willing to sell.....who cares if he is in the US!!

I HAD TO HAVE IT!!

So did the deal.

Better than money in the bank for junior if she wants to sell it in the future.....

I DID buy it for her.....I really did!

:)

PS Kinda have the hots for Emma from The Wiggles.......

PPS Ok, that's enough......

IMG_2517.jpg

• Like 4