High End Audio System - System update!

I was at this person's place today and I'm really Nicked off.... He didn't show me his " best coffee table in the world"!!!!! Oh well, it's an excuse to go again...

Part from that... What a great system, oh and host... I'd be pretty close to saying that's one "best audio system in the world" the changes made by moving into a different room has been one of the biggest upgrades Mark has done for a long time... The room is really dead sounding in a good way...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, Rod......I'll give you some free credits on the coffee table next time....I wonder what game you would be into???!!!

Thanks, the latest upgrade (the house) was not a cheap hi-fi upgrade...but worth it! :D

Stunning setup @@darthlaker !!!

I like the coffee table, it's a nice touch!! :D

Thanks! I love old arcade games!

Very Smooth Mark. Welcome back. :party

Stump

Thanks Stumper......it's good to be back! :D

It's alright I suppose.

Thanks, yea, it'll do I guess.....  :)

• Like 1

Hey Mark, that's a bit shonky!  Same post in two different threads so you get two "likes" for the price of one! :rolleyes:   

But it's great to see all that lovely stuff back together and looking pristine (apart from a tiny speck of dust on the top edge of the right speaker*)  Given that you report it sounds even better than last time (and I will of course have to confirm this for myself) doubling up on the  "likes" seems eminently appropriate, :thumb:

* Of course I was joking about the dust, but did you check?

• Like 1

Mint!

Absolutely... 

Mint! :thumb:

Thanks mtf! :D

I have one thing in common with this system - an audioquest hdmi cable.

That is it. I'm happy though. Nice system mark. The lounge is perfect.

Thanks Benjeman, will have you over again when you get back! Happy running!

@@darthlaker utterly gorgeous and would love to know more about your Vandersteens.

Room Eq etc?

The Puccini stuff is beautiful, did the clock make a good improvement?

Gawd, where to stop looking??

Thanks Darren, in regards to the Vandersteens, you can read about them on the 2 links below. When I first heard them I had heard nothing like them and just had to have them. They are an excellent "all rounder", meaning that you can hear all sounds clearly no matter what music one plays, how many instruments are playing and the bass, which can be tuned to the room, goes very, very deep and doesn't miss a beat. The built in subwoofers handle the low bass and allow the amps to handle mid-bass and higher frequencies so the amps don't have to work as hard. They are also incredibly revealing and when I listen to music I am familiar with I often think, "What was THAT?!"........

http://vandersteen.com//media/files/Reprints/UltraAudio_Searching_for_the_Extreme_part1.pdf

http://vandersteen.com//media/files/Reprints/UltraAudio_Searching_for_the_Extreme_part2.pdf

Hope this helps - if you have any other questions please let me know...

Darren

Time to stop looking when you get to the wooden blocks. That is the end.

Blocked!

Hey Mark, that's a bit shonky!  Same post in two different threads so you get two "likes" for the price of one! :rolleyes:   

But it's great to see all that lovely stuff back together and looking pristine (apart from a tiny speck of dust on the top edge of the right speaker*)  Given that you report it sounds even better than last time (and I will of course have to confirm this for myself) doubling up on the  "likes" seems eminently appropriate, :thumb:

* Of course I was joking about the dust, but did you check?

Thanks Tony! I posted in the SA thread just in case some people don't get around to this one. Will be nice to catch up with the SA guys again as it's been quite some time!

Dust!? It has been duly removed! I won't bother Photoshopping it out though! :D

Edited by darthlaker
  • Like 1

@@darthlaker thanks, interesting links. Mike Lenehan often talks of the importance of very good crossovers.Was thinking if I ever shifted the Focals, some JBL's might come in but I think Vandersteen might also be part of the list now.

Thanks. Drivers are very important as well...

Vandersteen's are excellent speakers at all price points. The Treo, Quatro and 5A Carbon models are well worth listening to.

• Like 1

Yeah, nice I suppose.

Still, my macbook would sound better if used with this system. I see no Paul Hynes power supply on the Mac.

Also, no room treatments. The ceiling design may help as it is broken up but otherwise it's pretty much a box. Where are the bass traps, where are the diffusers.

Nice attempt. Little more work to do before perfection is achieved :-)

• Like 1

Yeah, nice I suppose.

Still, my macbook would sound better if used with this system. I see no Paul Hynes power supply on the Mac.

Also, no room treatments. The ceiling design may help as it is broken up but otherwise it's pretty much a box. Where are the bass traps, where are the diffusers.

Nice attempt. Little more work to do before perfection is achieved :-)

Thanks.

Never bothered with a different power supply on the Mac Book Pro. I've heard other alternatives are out there.

Yup, no room treatment!

The Vandersteen Sevens bass is tuned (pretty well) perfectly to the room (a great feature to have!). With some judicious placement (and luck with the room), the sound measures - and more importantly sounds (by ear) fantastic with no room treatment besides the vaulted ceiling, carpet and side window openings which all helps. Yes, I would say the vaulted ceiling is the main ("natural") factor. Hence I have sold my Furutech room diffusers - didn't need them! :D

Not perfect but then again nothing is. QED!

Welcome to listen anytime next time you are in SA! 

Edited by darthlaker

I live In a caravan, you'd think it would sound horrible, but it don't, far from it.

Each room has to be treated on its own, and the only way that can happen is listening to said room.

Edited by Sime

I live In a caravan, you'd think it would sound horrible, but it don't, far from it.

Each room had to be treated on its own, and the only way that can happen is listening to said room.

Nice! Pop over to SA in the caravan! 

Edited a typo in my last post from "had" to "has", make more sense what I was saying.

@@darthlaker haha, impossible I'm afraid, the Van is a permanent installation, and I don't have anything big enough to tow it, it ain't a small caravan.

Edited by Sime

• Volunteer

Lovely looking system, must sound awesome.  :)

I'm sure I've seen the answer to this question but I can't seem to find it, what are your LP racks they're great!!

• Like 1