Samsung Ps58c7000

Guest Grover1503560905

Am I able to use the upgrade/downgrade process with the Samsung LED C7000? Samsung are asking me to upgrade to the latest firmware to potentially fix an issue but I want to be able to get back to 1016 if I end up with other problems i.e. 3d crosstalk etc

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I able to use the upgrade/downgrade process with the Samsung LED C7000? Samsung are asking me to upgrade to the latest firmware to potentially fix an issue but I want to be able to get back to 1016 if I end up with other problems i.e. 3d crosstalk etc

thanks

Be careful, going to a later firmware is no problem but going back can be.

If Samsung want you to "upgrade" get their assurance that if that causes more problems it will be their problem and not yours.

so anyone tried the new 3011 firmware

I have a ps50c7000 and have had terrible xtalk on 3003. After researching this thread and avsforum, bit the bullet, put 3011on las night.

3d xtalk, very much improved. New issue though, occasional picture greening during 3d high brightness scenes, might try full reset today see if it improves. (edit: hmmm this may be a flat battery in the glasses - still testing.....)

Overall a much happier camper :-)

Edited by dumfa

guys, hello

can't seem to get 0000 firmware to work?..i have downmloaded firmwares 2004 and 3008 fine and they run and install ok...but 0000 doesn't seem to run properly and i can't get it to install like the other firmwares, i assume i am stupid and am missing something..

any help appreciated.....

Ok...

Been a while since I have written back in this topic.

Have been on 2004 for quite a while and noticed a slight lack in 3D effect.

Will test 0000 and 3011 over the next several days for 3D and 2D.

Stay tuned on feedback..

Edited by XLR8

Interestingly, just curious but do other ps58c7000 users notice with 720p content i.e. ABC 24 and SBS HD there is a noticeable amount of noise around text and numerals?

Somehow, I cannot get rid of this. Curious if other users have this as well.

However this does not happen on sd content and one HD, 7mate and Gem content.

Is the scaler poor on the samsungs?

Ok did some thorough quantitative testing today with a variety of firmwares.

The gist of it is that I have concluded that 1016 is the best and have data to prove it on my screen.

This may not be the case on your screen so be aware.

I used the video mp4 file to test 3D from this website:

http://www.avforums....3d-tv-test.html

Basically, it's a video and you pause it and close left eye and record numbers down with the higher the score the better.

I did this with fw's 3011 the latest from Samsung website followed by 0000 and then 1016.

Here are the results:

I haven't tested 2004 but conclusively the 1016 is the best for 3d.

Some interesting observations:

* fw0000 has serious issues with 3D you need to swap left right before 3d even works. Also the colours are subdued badly on 0000 firmware with 3d, so totally advise against this fw...but importantly this allows the testing to be done

* fw 3011 has a very good 2d picture but 3D is poor as others have noted and my scores prove. Actually, I can now conclude all 3xxx firmwares are bad for 3D viewing on this series Tv.

* 2004 has yet to be tested to compare the values of 3d performance.

I will do 2004 over the next week or so and update this thread with it's results.

Enjoy :)

Edited by XLR8

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I visited - but am considering upgrading firmware from my "out of the box" version 1013.

From the look of my menu the TV had already downloaded 1015 firmware (which I presume can easily update to).

The question is "should I?"....

PS I see megaupload has been shutdown by the FBI and the original 0000 and 1016 firmware links are "broken"

Hmmm, no takers yet....

I'm not sure what will happen if I accept the update to the 1015 firmware (and DON'T want to inadvertently find it updates to a new 301x version), so will probably stick with the 1013 version for now - 3D loooks good from my limited experience and the 2D FTA stuff I otherwise watch is fine. I gather Samsung don't publish an "upgrade" synopsis for their firmware?

I think I will actually give the SamyGo "hack" a try with my existing firmware (should confess here I actually have the PS63C7000 NOT the 58 inch model). The Samygo site is, err, "challenging" to negotiate (understatement) - due mainly to linux-nerdness and language translation issues - but if you can get beyond that it REALLY is IMPRESSIVE what those guys have managed to achieve. The ability to mount external windows-type (CIFS/SMB) or linux/NFS shares and play back recorded video (eg from your PC or a NAS) just as if it is on a connected USB - without the abject clunkiness of DLNA - is what is motivating me here, AND it seems the old firmware is far more accepting of the SamyGo treatment! It seems you can also use the record function of the TV to an external drive WITHOUT encryption - which would be a bonus.

Hi everybody,

I am quite new to this forum so I you should excuse me if what I ask is kinda dumb. I spent quite some time reading Samygo Wiki and some other related forums but still couldn't find a definite answer to my problem. I have a UE40C6700, FW TVALDEUC 3011. I wanted to install some of SamyGo applications on my TV but according to SamyGo that will not be possible with TVALDEUC 3011.

I was thinking of downgrading to something like 3005. I far as I understood, downgrading from 3011 to 3005 is not possible with Hotel mode hack. I read somewhere that somebody has managed to downgrade from 3011 using 0000 firmware, but it was only that one post and no further reports. Can anybody confirm that this downgrading from 3011 is possible using 0000 firmware? Besides, can anyone please mention where I can find 0000 fw file (preferably the *.exe file not a *.rar archive)?

Thank you.

Cant help you with the firmware - the links have died with megaupload I think. Maybe try a whim to the OP?

I've got the Samygo stuff installed now via internet@TV - running from a $5 USB stick. The Windows CIFS share stuff is great - can see and play stuff from my NAS very easily. I wouldn't try and use the uPNP share through the virtual USB though - my TV hung, and needed a power cycle to fix (you don't need it anyway with the native DLNA running on the Samsung)

Cant help you with the firmware - the links have died with megaupload I think. Maybe try a whim to the OP?

I've got the Samygo stuff installed now via internet@TV - running from a $5 USB stick. The Windows CIFS share stuff is great - can see and play stuff from my NAS very easily. I wouldn't try and use the uPNP share through the virtual USB though - my TV hung, and needed a power cycle to fix (you don't need it anyway with the native DLNA running on the Samsung)

Thanks for your reply. Could you please mention what is your firmware?

I stayed on 1013 - an oldy but a goody.

I would be tempted to go to 1016 if it was easily available but the fact it seems gone from megaupload, and reports of occasional difficulties put me off looking too hard elsewhere.

Have now tweeked the extension pack files a bit to do away with uPNP on the VirtualUSB, and a few other things that I don't think I need.

EDIT - Remember I have the Plasma NOT your panel, and 1016 is reputably the best firmware for 3D for my set. From memory, I think 3005??? is the last firmware that supported "easy" SamyGo "hacking" through internet @TV (which is what I used - not the Hotel mode method). If you use the internet@TV method don't bother with the automated web IP address that is on the wiki - it loads 13 new widgets and the only one that you actually need doesn't seem to work!!!. Use dredkins PC based webserver method to get the "Hack my TV" widget to your TV instead.

Edited by DoctorCon

• 3 months later...

My PS58C7000 has got the dreaded Purple Haze where on a mostly white background you get bars of a purple colour across the screen.

It's 18 months old, and Samsung sent out an assessor, and he said the voltage was ok, and it needed a new panel - $1400

I am waiting for Samsung resolutions to process my Statutory warranty claim.

It's very common fault and has a thread on Whirlpool forum, most get the tv replaced with the 60" E8000

and one person got the 64" E8000 because of stock shortages on the 60"

kopthat - i am not happy i have the same thing with my 63" tv. out of original warranty, but covered under my NAB bank credit card for second year. Chubb insurance look after extended warranty through NAB platinum card. I have already applied online through samsung - they said " out of original warranty, not our problem" basically. Lodged a claim with chubb and they want the following :

1. Front page of your NAB Card statement showing Cardholder's full name and address

2. Bank statement page showing the purchase of the TV (please feel free to blank out all other transactions)

3. Original receipt showing payment of the TV entirely with your NAB Card

4. A copy of manufacturer's warranty card

5. A copy of repair quote from authorised repairer outlining the damage sustained, cost to repair and if the TV would have been covered under the manufacturer's warranty, had the item still been within the manufacturer's warranty period

6. A description of the events leading up and surrounding your loss (include dates of loss)

7. If the claim is accepted, we shall also require:

• - Name of Bank / Institute:
    - Account holder name:
    - BSB:
    - Account number:

....seriously?????????????

thats alot of info just decide IF they will cover it. NAB bank told me it should be covered.

aussie Samsung got back to me today they are offering parts and labour

for the replacement of the Panel.

Not really what I wanted as others with the same problem were offered a replacement with this years model,

and they say they will not cover the $165 assessment charge.

Talk to Samsung again, and don't mention that you have warranty through your card,

you are covered through Statutory warranty from either the manufacturer or retailer.

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/815360

If you purchased after Jan 2011 the statutory warranty legislation changed (there is a link on that page above)

and basically you are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund, if it is a major fault, and it is you the consumer that gets to choose which remedy you want.

Edited by kopthat

mate, i have assessor coming out in the morning and they said their is a fee " i said to samsung, hang on, you expect me to pay you to work out a fault in less than 18 months on a $4,000 tv? Not gonna happen". They then said they would waive the assessment fee.

Kopthat...got the assessor out. He said yep, new panel required. Quote came through as $2000 excluding labour... says bout week wait on panel from sydney and they can come out and do it on the spot. Should i push down replacement route under statutory warranty??Cant believe it requires a $2000+ repair for a $3500-4000 tv thats 20 months old.

Well mine was quoted as about $1,400 for the panel including labour for the 58", but they are saying they won't pay the $165 assessment fee, I should have kicked up more of a stink like you did.

I have sent them a letter pointing out where others like you got the assessment paid for.

I also want to make sure it is a new panel and not a refurrbished one, and my preference would be a new tv or a refund.

I think the next step is that you wait 4 or 5 days for them to assess you claim, once the repairer have sent in their paper work.

There are several threads in the home theatre section on Whirlpool that deal with this issue and the capacitor issue on older models.

"SAMSUNG Australia are not honorable", "Purple Band On Screen - Samsung Plasma", and start reading around page 20 on "Samsung 2012 Models" http://forums.whirlp...857676&p=20 for people that have had their tv replaced for the purple banding and excessive buzzing.

Edited by kopthat

Hey mate will do. It was easy, sorry to say, when they said " are you aware of the $165 call out fee?" I said " No, i wont be paying that" The guy then said what do you mean? I replied, " you honestly believe, that i should pay Samsung $165 to come out and tell me whats wrong with my faulty plasma tv that was worth $4000 and requires a major repair just outta 18 months?" He replied "ohhhhhhhh". I said " Yep, not gonna happen. I said, you will be coming out free of charge to assess it and rectify the issue as soon as possible" He then said "ahhhh ok". I then replied, im happy to sit on hold while you speak to whatever department you need to in order to make it happen...he then said "great, ok". lol....

"