Samsung Ps58c7000

Hello all having crosstalk issues.

I just thought that I would make a easy one stop thread so everybody can download all firmwares for the pc58c7000

First download an install the 0000 firmware via usb & software update,

this WILL reset your firmware to 0000

After installing this you can download & install any version of firmware that you like, If you install a version that you don,t like, just reinstall 0000 & start again.

I AWAYS TURN THE TV OFF FOR 1 MIN AT THE WALL BETWEEN UPDATES but thats just me

Links 0000 Thanks Pongie :D :D :D 0r HERE

1016-------Read Nathan D,s post 10, below

Installing firmware is risky

I take no responsibly if things go wrong.

It worked for me easily.

My tv is a ps58c7000 that is why it is the only modal that I have included because it worked on mine. It may work on the others but I don,t know

Edited by uhf 2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is in the different FW's?

i just update my 50c7000 whenever it asks me to. Only advantage I have had is that the TV turns off my Onkyo 606 when it never used to

There has been crosstalk issues with firmwares above 2004 while watching 3D

until now you could upgrade your firmware but not downgrade with out hacking your TV which requires a computer, internet , special software all connected to TV & most importantly a big set of brass b###s in case you brick it :P

0000 firmware re installs the very first firmware made for the TV so than you can upgrade the firmware to a version that suits you

Wow - great find! I have a PS50C7000 and will give this a try a bit later on.

Does anyone have a link for the 1016 firmware? Does 1016 give the best 3D results or is 2004 fine considering it was the final version before they messed up the 3D?

Edited by Nathan D

Wow - great find! I have a PS50C7000 and will give this a try a bit later on.

Does anyone have a link for the 1016 firmware? Does 1016 give the best 3D results or is 2004 fine considering it was the final version before they messed up the 3D?

I am uploading 1016 now should be up in 30 min ,taking longer than I thought.

I will post the link in the first post around 1.o,clock

cheers

Edited by uhf 2

That's a really good find and great new for Sammy owners, it's amazing it has taken so long for this info to get into the wild.

Once people get the old firmware reinstalled they will be wise to leave it alone and disable updates, newer firmware is not always better.

That's a really good find and great new for Sammy owners, it's amazing it has taken so long for this info to get into the wild.

Once people get the old firmware reinstalled they will be wise to leave it alone and disable updates, newer firmware is not always better.

Could not have said it better myself, ;)

Ok, just did the downgrade and it mostly went pretty smoothly. Installing 0000 went without a hitch and the TV restarted with the settings reset to default and displaying channel 1.

I then upgraded to 1016 and after restarting, I had a bit of a 'brown pants' moment when it prompted for a language but nothing was displayed in the selection list and it showed an error in the bottom left. I couldnt select anything or back out of the menu at all!!

I power cycled the TV and it did start up but half of the menu options were blanked out. I had to go into the 'Plug and Play' menu, enter a pin code of 0000 then run through the setup options and select the country and run a channel scan, etc.

All appears to be working fine now and I've done a quick test of Monsters vs Aliens 3D. The 3D effect does seem a bit more pronounced than the 300x firmwares but I seem to be getting about the same amount of crosstalk as I had before. My TV was shipped with 3005 and I had upgraded each version up to 3009.

I've calibrated the settings for both 2D and 3D according to a guide I found a while ago but it didnt seem to make much difference in reducing the crosstalk.

Awesome work op.

To me its between 2004 & 3009.

I was on 1016 and upgraded to 2004 and had amazing blacks on fta tv. Actually, there was posts on these forums showing the 2002+4had fixed the blacks on 50Hz to be the same as 60Hz and 24 Hz. Dennisthomsen.dk said he couldn't see a difference but I and others on dtv can see it.

And 3d on 2004 is superb. Now to finally test 3009 and see how it goes against 2004.

Thnx U op we now have 0000 fw finally... :)

I was on 1016 and upgraded to 2004 and had amazing blacks on fta tv. Actually, there was posts on these forums showing the 2002+4had fixed the blacks on 50Hz to be the same as 60Hz and 24 Hz. Dennisthomsen.dk said he couldn't see a difference but I and others on dtv can see it.

Did you recalibrate the brightness setting after changing the firmware? If not your black level observations are likely invalid.

Its highly unlikely a firmware change will alter the panel drive system and improve blacks after calibration.

Edited by Owen

I then upgraded to 1016 and after restarting, I had a bit of a 'brown pants' moment when it prompted for a language but nothing was displayed in the selection list and it showed an error in the bottom left. I couldnt select anything or back out of the menu at all!!

I power cycled the TV and it did start up but half of the menu options were blanked out. I had to go into the 'Plug and Play' menu, enter a pin code of 0000 then run through the setup options and select the country and run a channel scan, etc.

I can see how that would have been one of those moments :o

Sounds like you kept your cool & worked though it, B)

I,ve put a warning on the opening post to read your post before installing 1016 just in case it,s not a one off

I thought I would install 2004 just to make sure it worked & all went well

ok so i have installed the 0000 fimware but now when I try to install any other firmware by usb it says ' no file available to upgrade ' . Where does this leave me .

ok so i have installed the 0000 fimware but now when I try to install any other firmware by usb it says ' no file available to upgrade ' . Where does this leave me .

It's all good now :-)

can you tell us what happened ?

Just a noob mistake mate :-) , first time I forgot to extract it... lol but couple of times I copied the extracted file to my usb stick and it still didnt recognise it . However when I extracted it straight to the usb stick it was all good :-) . I have a ps63c7000 so seems good for all the screen sizes . Thanks for uploading the firmwares :-) . When I installed the 1016 I had to do a channel scan , i didnt have to enter the pin but I did get the error message for the osd screen language same as Nathan in post 10 . I just turned the power off and on as he did and then had to scan the channels again and all was good . I then installed 2004 .

Just a noob mistake mate :-) , first time I forgot to extract it... lol but couple of times I copied the extracted file to my usb stick and it still didnt recognise it . However when I extracted it straight to the usb stick it was all good :-) . I have a ps63c7000 so seems good for all the screen sizes . Thanks for uploading the firmwares :-) . When I installed the 1016 I had to do a channel scan , i didnt have to enter the pin but I did get the error message for the osd screen language same as Nathan in post 10 . I just turned the power off and on as he did and then had to scan the channels again and all was good . I then installed 2004 .

Thats good that it all went well, its good to know that the firmware seems to work on all tv sizes.

It would of been easy if samsung had of released 0000 firmware on there web site.

I,m also running 2004 seems to be working well

Thats good that it all went well, its good to know that the firmware seems to work on all tv sizes.

It would of been easy if samsung had of released 0000 firmware on there web site.

I,m also running 2004 seems to be working well

UHF 2 what settings do you use for 3d ? Watched ' legends of gahoole ' last night , 3d effects were really good . i know it's one of the better 3d films around . I had my settings on standard mode default , quite a bit of ghosting but 3d effect was really good . After I watched the movie , I played with the settings , put it on movie and put in the calibration setting's used by Dennis Thomsen . It seemed to eliminate a lot of ghosting but the 3d effect was severely lessened . Seems like standard default is the go but with the ghosting effect . The Thomsen settings are for 2d viewing but thought I'd try it .

UHF 2 what settings do you use for 3d ? Watched ' legends of gahoole ' last night , 3d effects were really good . i know it's one of the better 3d films around . I had my settings on standard mode default , quite a bit of ghosting but 3d effect was really good . After I watched the movie , I played with the settings , put it on movie and put in the calibration setting's used by Dennis Thomsen . It seemed to eliminate a lot of ghosting but the 3d effect was severely lessened . Seems like standard default is the go but with the ghosting effect . The Thomsen settings are for 2d viewing but thought I'd try it .

Yes that is very true... Use the standard for 3D and in the 3D options turn everything in there to off.. I think it's 3D Auto view turn that off and anything else.

The Dennis Thomsen settings are spot on for FTA Tv and I have placed the colour setting at 44 as its so much more neutral in colour and not saturated as it is in his settings of 47.

I have his settings for FTA, use standard for 3D and for Blu-ray 2D I use dynamic it has extreme pop factor and for DVD's upscaled use Dennis Thomsen settings all on Fw 2004.

I have yet to try 3009 but as per many other replies the 3D settings with 3xxx series were a flop and I can only imagine the same to be true with 3009.

The blacks on FTA Tv with 2004 are fantastic and so much more darker than 1016 which I was using for a good 2 months or so.

I figured it would come in handy. Been reading about all the problems/troublesome workarounds people were having in order to downgrade. So when the technician came and did it with a simple USB stick, I quickly asked him if I could copy it.

Edited by pongie

Yes that is very true... Use the standard for 3D and in the 3D options turn everything in there to off.. I think it's 3D Auto view turn that off and anything else.

The Dennis Thomsen settings are spot on for FTA Tv and I have placed the colour setting at 44 as its so much more neutral in colour and not saturated as it is in his settings of 47.

I have his settings for FTA, use standard for 3D and for Blu-ray 2D I use dynamic it has extreme pop factor and for DVD's upscaled use Dennis Thomsen settings all on Fw 2004.

I have yet to try 3009 but as per many other replies the 3D settings with 3xxx series were a flop and I can only imagine the same to be true with 3009.

The blacks on FTA Tv with 2004 are fantastic and so much more darker than 1016 which I was using for a good 2 months or so.

XLR8 , thanks for the tips , so for 3d I will use the default standard settings , i turned off 3d auto . For blu ray 2d you mentioned dynamic mode , what settings do you use for dynamic ?

I figured it would come in handy. Been reading about all the problems/troublesome workarounds people were having in order to downgrade. So when the technician came and did it with a simple USB stick, I quickly asked him if I could copy it.

Well done, your quick thinking has no doubt made many a Sammy owner happy, they owe you a few cold ones. :D

Its normal practice for Samsung to use different colour profiles (white point and grey scale) for each picture mode, other than that Dynamic can be setup the same as Standard or Movie and V-V with the Contrast, Brightness, Colour and Sharpness settings.

Standard mode has a blue colour balance and Dynamic very blue, so much so that its likely not possible to get it to 6500k with the RGB colour controls. So if you want decent colour you will probably have to use Movie mode with a "Warm" preset and adjust peak brightness to taste with the Contrast control to get the "pop" you are after. Standard mode can also be used but will need very heavy colour correction to get 6500k.