Farscape On Blu

Farscape is finally being released on Bluray but I wouldn't count on much of an upgrade over the DVD version.

All of the SFX were rendered in PAL and have not been re-mastered so at best it should be on par with the upscaled efforts found in the Firefly Blu release.

We'll have to wait and see how much of an improvement there is on the live action component and audio side.....

All 4 seasons will be released globally mid-November

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farscape-Complete-.../dp/B005FFS6LA/

And the Final Movie "The Peacekeeper Wars" is already out, but only in Germany.....

http://www.amazon.de/Farscape-The-Peacekee...y/dp/B004UIPK8U?

Think I'll wait on some reviews before going out to replace the DVD set......

I love this quote from the High Def Digest Forums....

It felt like 50% of the episodes were about crew members going crazy or the ship going crazy.

Sums up the series pretty well and is probably the most realistic representation of different Alien species interacting out there! :P

I had these and the final full length film on DVD and season 1 ~ 3 was 4 x 3. Only 4 and the TPW was 16:9 enhanced. What AR would the original film capture have been? And will this come as OAR or will they centre cut it to make it 16:9? I am kind of interested as the show had its moments.

I had these and the final full length film on DVD and season 1 ~ 3 was 4 x 3. Only 4 and the TPW was 16:9 enhanced. What AR would the original film capture have been? And will this come as OAR or will they centre cut it to make it 16:9? I am kind of interested as the show had its moments.

All evidence so far suggests OAR for all seasons, so 4:3 for Season 1-3 and 16:9 for Season 4.

I've done a little digging over the German Blu version of TPW and reports are the video is pretty ordinary so it looks like the 2-disc UK DVD edition* is still the best option there......

* (UK editon had DD 5.1 whereas the heavily compressed single disc Aus edition had only DD 2.0, I've got both and there's a huge difference in both AQ & PQ)

... What year were they produced?

I spent about 2-3 hours in the Fox Studios backlot in 2000, trying to convince the director of AET to give me a job looking after their mining business, as he was getting more and more involved in movie special effects. While I was there, he showed me over the Farscape set, which was their then-current project.

Never watched the show, though...

Why, because of all the Aussie actors :P Actually just finished watching the whole series last week ;)

Cheers

1. Awful Aussie actors

2. Awful writing

3. That S-T-U-P-I-D annoying Puppet Dominar Rygel the 16th (Thanks Macca!) - quite possibly a worse creation than Jar Jar Binks (And that's saying something).

4. Scorpius - Looked like a Borg ready for some S & M

Blade

Edited by BladeRnR

It was a fun light series, given the right price and the type of treatment it gets i'll consider a purchase. There is far worse Sci-Fi around - Enterprise and all the entries into the Stargate series for example.

Actually mate you might be right. Enterprise - dismissed the very concept (Why go backward to Pre-TOS? The Trek Universe was and has been about peeking into a possible future). Trek - need a new series, something perhaps 100 years past Next Generation.

Stargate Series - yuck. The movie itself was barely tolerable.

Anyway opinions are like assholes - everyone has one ;)

Blade

• 2 weeks later...