Sgr Mt3fsl - In Production

My speakers have been returned to me and now they are at the full production specifications. -> http://sgraudio.com.au/products/mt/mt3fsl.html

Some pictures for you all :)

Thank you very much to Harry for taking the pictures.

My setup pictures

New analogue active electronics - 1

New analogue active electronics - 2

I'm extremely happy to have my speakers back, they always manage to bring a smile to my dial.

I thought I would post a picture that shows the amp dials / switches a little better. There really is a lot of functionality built into these bad boys :)

Close up of the amps.

From the top...

All controls operate in the analogue domain. These are analogue active speakers :)

Tweeter level +/- 3dB

High frequency roll off (on/off) - handy for anyone with a bright room.

- Roll off level @ 10kHz -8db to 0dB

Midrange level +/- 3dB

2 x Parametric EQ (each with)

- Level +/- 12 dB

- Frequency 30 - 300hz

- Bandwidth wide - narrow (Q)

- on / off switch

2 x bass room EQ (two switch for 0, 3 or 6dB)

Full range or limited (enables subwoofer out's) switch

- High Pass frequency setting 25-120Hz

- Low Pass frequency setting 20-120Hz (Having control over both high and low pass allows you to over lap the mains and the subs - very handy feature which is quite rare to see)

Subwoofer Level +/- 6dB

RCA subwoofer out

2 x XLR subwoofer out (thats 3 subwoofer outs per speaker)

RCA input

XLR input

Individual or Sum for the XLR and RCA inputs (Very handy feature, it means you can completely separate your HT and HIFI set ups and not need to have a pre with ht bypass)

- RCA or XLR switch (ignored if sum is selected, which means they both played)

On / Off switch

It is very feature rich.

Edited by Drizt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking, and i'm sure sounding fine there Drizt.... :winky:

And don't worry, i won't say anything about cleaning the dust off you gear before getting the photo's taken :ninja:

Woops :P

Very true. As soon as I saw the photo's, I remembered that I was meant to do some dusting before hand :P

Stunning Drizt, you should be rightly proud of your system/room.

Sonically, what stands out to you most of all after the speaker upgrade?

Blade

Its to hard to compare the temp speakers to the production model as it was about 2 months between listening sessions.

But seat of the pants the noise floor is extremely low now and overall the sound is very detailed, dynamic, smooth, life like. There is an effortlessness to them that means they never feel strained. Anyway's its hard to describe other than they are extremely enjoyable to listen to.

The speakers have been sitting in my room now for a couple of weeks and I can't stop putting album after album on just to see what they sound like on the new set up Needless to say these are bringing me much joy and have renewed my love for all things HIFI. The speakers are happy playing at all volumes, from background music to rocking out after a few drinks with friends

I'm enjoying some Piers Faccini (Two Grains of Sand) right now and it sounds extremely convincing.

Having had the MT3F's, MT3FSL's and CX3B's in my room I get asked by people which one is the pick of the bunch, well my answered is a biased MT3FSL

• 1 month later...
Its to hard to compare the temp speakers to the production model as it was about 2 months between listening sessions.

But seat of the pants the noise floor is extremely low now and...

Drizt, you obviously have some premium speakers!

You refer to noise floor. Are you saying that some active speaker systems you've tried have audible noise at a listening chair distance? That seems poor.

Or are you only referring to noise that is only audible very near the powered speakers?

You refer to noise floor. Are you saying that some active speaker systems you've tried have audible noise at a listening chair distance? That seems poor.

Or are you only referring to noise that is only audible very near the powered speakers?

The latter my friend :)

Thanks, just checking! (In another thread there had been use of the expression 'noise floor' and I was beginning to think it might be a reference to something more significant than the faint hiss you can hear if very near a speaker with the amp on.)

Thanks, just checking! (In another thread there had been use of the expression 'noise floor' and I was beginning to think it might be a reference to something more significant than the faint hiss you can hear if very near a speaker with the amp on.)

That is obviously part of the issue but is not what I refere to as noise floor

For me the noise floor encompasses the whole system including noises from outside the room. It is the base noise at the listening chair

That is obviously part of the issue but is not what I refere to as noise floor

For me the noise floor encompasses the whole system including noises from outside the room. It is the base noise at the listening chair

Spearmint is correct. When one talks about noise floor it refers to the lowest sound levels for a given item.

E.g. Spearmint is talking about the acoustic noise floor of the room / system which includes anything that adds sound to the room. I was referring the loudspeakers noise floor. You have to be extremely close to my speakers (active) to hear it's self noise :)

White hey, how'd they look and sound? Did you get any photo's?

didnt listen to them mate, nor did i take a camera with me.

Only briefly heard the big bad boys, but too much noise in the room to really give any indication