Toshiba Multi Region Blu Ray Player - Great Price

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought Toshiba BDX3100KY

There are instructions in the box showing how to change region on both DVD and Blu Ray

RRP $249

Enjoy gents

What are the instructions to change regions?

I'd be interested to know.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Just bought Toshiba BDX3100KY

There are instructions in the box showing how to change region on both DVD and Blu Ray

RRP $249

Enjoy gents

TOSHIBA BDX1200KY

$249 ?? the RRP on their site is $159 !! bit of a price change from the original 6 July 2011 post to 5 August 2011 :)

By the way - any test results on this player - with regards to the region - or is it like other players, having to manually change the region each time ?

*** wondering why this is in this thread and not the Blu one ??? makes it a bit 'harder' when looking for deals ********

Edited by tonyjg

TOSHIBA BDX1200KY

$249 ?? the RRP on their site is $159 !! bit of a price change from the original 6 July 2011 post to 5 August 2011 :)

By the way - any test results on this player - with regards to the region - or is it like other players, having to manually change the region each time ?

*** wondering why this is in this thread and not the Blu one ??? makes it a bit 'harder' when looking for deals ********

Rrp for the bdx3200ky is $199 , I picked up one last Wk for my 2nd system.

DVD is multi region out of the box( like most players )

Bluray multi region does work (got a friend who uses it with USA blurays)

Cheers victor.

Rrp for the bdx3200ky is $199 , I picked up one last Wk for my 2nd system.

Cheers victor.

Is there a firmware CD included in the box? I suspect that maybe you need to install Australian firmware on the European units (BDX3200KE) to make them regionfree. I can't find any firmware for this model on the Australian Toshiba website, so I was hoping that there is a CD included with the one you bought and maybe a possibility to get a copy.

Does anyone know if the same regionfree setup applies to TOSHIBA BDX1100KY? Or is it only the BDX3100KY/BDX3200KY that is regionfree?

Edited by Polarbear08

• 2 weeks later...
Guest john-andrew
TOSHIBA BDX1200KY

$249 ?? the RRP on their site is $159 !!

I got mine for $140 and cheap.

You still need to setup to make it region free on instructions provided.

I can confirm you can make it region switching on instructions provided. Anyway, mine is always set to be region 'A'.

While Player is on

press setup then enter 8250

new menu will appear

set bd zone 1=A 2=B 4=C

This is the setup and after a firmware update on a disc provided in the box.

Is the region hack permanent for dvd and bd?

Yes, permanent or fixed as long as you like.

Is there a firmware CD included in the box?

Mine is included in the box with instructions to set afterwards.

Does anyone know if the same regionfree setup applies to TOSHIBA BDX1100KY? Or is it only the BDX3100KY/BDX3200KY that is regionfree?

I am not sure and mine is Toshiba BDX1200KY.

Edited by john-andrew

In the sharing spirit of this forum, could anyone copy the file(s) on the BDX3200 regionfree firmware CD and make it available for download? :)

I would also like to ask, if any kind soul would like to make a copy of the files from there region free firmware disc (use IMGBURN is best) and upload to a suitable place.

The BDX3200 and the BDX1100 would be great.

This is Greatly appreciated.

neuty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the comments. Read all as guest. Purchased bdx1200ky ($88 ) on strength of your info. Not disappointed, played DVD straight out of box for a while, then hiccuped. Came with firmware CD and instructions. Installed and now have true multiregion DVD and switchable Blueray. Plays as good as any others, wife's happy!!! :P

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up a 3200KY can't complain it loads quickly and the bd region change works a treat. 3D playback was superb too. Waaaaaaaay cheaper than the equivalent Pana or Sony too!

Just picked up one of these for $120. Great price, considering it is multi zone for Blu Ray & plays 3D movies.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Vieira4 @ Dec 21 2011, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I picked up a 3200KY can't complain it loads quickly and the bd region change works a treat. 3D playback was superb too. Waaaaaaaay cheaper than the equivalent Pana or Sony too!

Just picked up one of these for $120. Great price, considering it is multi zone for Blu Ray & plays 3D movies.

may i ask where you got this for $120 from? thanks...