Sign in to follow this  
Zorro116

Panasonic Vt30

to my amazement..

and excitement...

the VT30 is on display in Sydney at the PMA (imaging and entertainment expo) at Darling Harbour.

it looks great! probably the thinest plasma I have seen so far. The panel itself has a similar look to the the Sony 925 (glass across the whole front of the panel..)

Picture quality was amazing.. and happy to say the 3d glasses are much smaller than the previous model.

to my amazement..

and excitement...

the VT30 is on display in Sydney at the PMA (imaging and entertainment expo) at Darling Harbour.

it looks great! probably the thinest plasma I have seen so far. The panel itself has a similar look to the the Sony 925 (glass across the whole front of the panel..)

Picture quality was amazing.. and happy to say the 3d glasses are much smaller than the previous model.

Nice TV, ive seen it but asking price $2999 WOW

I vaguelly remember seeing a $3500 RRP..

Is that the 50" or the 55"?

Sorry, cause I am going to upgrade from 50" (KURO) but I don't know if I can justify $6K plus for the 65"VT30a

Sorry, cause I am going to upgrade from 50" (KURO) but I don't know if I can justify $6K plus for the 65"VT30a

Was the 50 inch

As posted at Whirlpool:

RRP:

THPxxVT30A:

50" – $3,499

55" – $4,299

65" – $6,499

Andys.

Ouch, been waiting for 1 of those but at that price ....not gunna happen. <_<

Yep, Panny are pretending to be Pioneer this year. :lol:

As you say, not gonna happen. Samsung is looking a far better option.

Andys.

Why is the the 65" VT30 worth $2000 more than the model it replaced? Even at $4500 its struggling to justify its price.

Why is the the 65" VT30 worth $2000 more than the model it replaced? Even at $4500 its struggling to justify its price.

Madness is what it is.

makes me feel better with the VT20 (58") I got for $3000 over xmas....if you really want one of the new Panasonic models, prepare to pay the extra cash for them. Maybe there might be more deals towards the end of the year.. ?

Remember guys the rrp is not what you pay. the rrp on my 65 vt20a was 5999 and what did i pay delivered in Oct last year $4500. And it's worth every cent I paid for it inmho. :D :D

Remember guys the rrp is not what you pay. the rrp on my 65 vt20a was 5999 and what did i pay delivered in Oct last year $4500. And it's worth every cent I paid for it inmho. :D :D

I think Panasonic may be getting ready to delay their rollout, I rang yesterday for the RRP of the 50' VT30a and they said it won't be available till the end of this month, yet they have had the release date as July for months. Maybe with the super strong dollar they are waiting till the last minute to firm their pricing? At 1.08 US the Oz$ has never been so strong.

Chris P

I think Panasonic may be getting ready to delay their rollout, I rang yesterday for the RRP of the 50' VT30a and they said it won't be available till the end of this month, yet they have had the release date as July for months. Maybe with the super strong dollar they are waiting till the last minute to firm their pricing? At 1.08 US the Oz$ has never been so strong.

Chris P

I saw a 50VT30 yesterday at Joyce Mayne (North Qld). Price tag (as per RRP) at $3499. Apart from all-glass design, it looked identical to the GT. You would be extremely hard pressed to spot the difference in PQ between the GT & the VT. Nothing in it, and they were sitting right next to each other!

Andys.

Well was at myer picking up the 50inch full hd panasonic for my inlaws and Myer had the older 65inch 3d for $3750. Was very tempted but

one call home and it wasn't going to happen.

Well was at myer picking up the 50inch full hd panasonic for my inlaws and Myer had the older 65inch 3d for $3750. Was very tempted but

one call home and it wasn't going to happen.

Shouldn't have called home! :lol:

Andys.

Shouldn't have called home! :lol:

Andys.

:lol:

Also have 1000 days interest free with repayments. 65inch is probably to big for my wall, guess I can build a bigger wall :P

As posted at Whirlpool:

RRP:

THPxxVT30A:

50" – $3,499

55" – $4,299

65" – $6,499

Andys.

RRP on the Pana website now $2,999 for the 50" VT30A, same will go for the other models, Japans yen has been on the >> down for a while now, so they can offer cheaper to Aus due to our better excahnge rates. Will the 55" make it under $3,500 though? I think it highly probable.

Chris P

Bought a 50" VT30 at Harvey Norman today as part of the insurance deal to replace my stolen Sammy 32".

They had an RRP of $2999 in the system, no stock but Panasonic Australia had them in the warehouse.

After change over for the replacement TV and a few other bits and bobs I ended up paying about $1600 to upgrade. Delivery is next week.

Edited by geoff_tewierik

Go for it

if the vt30 is any better than the vt 20 its worth every cent.

Since the VT20 performed much the same and sold for close to $4000 how can the VT30 be worth every cent of $6000? :blink:

The ST30 uses the same panel and when calibrated performs as well as the VT30 in THX mode, but its MUCH cheaper.

Edited by Owen

Since the VT20 performed much the same and sold for close to $4000 how can the VT30 be worth every cent of $6000? :blink:

The ST30 uses the same panel and when calibrated performs as well as the VT30 in THX mode, but its MUCH cheaper.

"The ST30 uses the same panel"

Is this a fact? ...

As far as anyone outside Panasonic know its seems yes.

It makes no economic sense to manufacture more than one panel of the same type (3D capable), so its normal to use the same panel with different screen filters and AR coatings.

As far as anyone outside Panasonic know its seems yes.

It makes no economic sense to manufacture more than one panel of the same type (3D capable), so its normal to use the same panel with different screen filters and AR coatings.

Sorry, off-topic. Owen did you get the SXRD fixed?

Yes and no. The optical block was replaced but was not up to standard so I sent the TV back.

The ball is back in the repairers/insurers court so I dont know what will happen yet.

Even with a less than best OB I was reminded how good the SXRD can look for the week I had it back so I wont be happy if they cant or wont repair it.