Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Drizt

Great Buys On Ebay & Gumtree

Recommended Posts

Scam. I think those adds have been removed now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Naim man said:

I’m not sure this is the right place for this topic,

there is a eBay listing that just appeared in the last couple of days, very high end equipment being advertised by someone in Bondi Nsw, at bargain prices, items such as, Sonus Faber high end models, Harbeth, Macintosh, excetera, their buy now price is unbelievable, but when they say to click on the link, on the buy now price it doesn’t seem to work.

 

Might be worth running a virus scan on your pc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What he said. ^^^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, as of this morning, they don’t appear to be there anymore, I thought that I was imagining things, I was tempted on a pair of SF Olympica, for $2000 buy it now price including free shipping, I tell you my mouth was salivating LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Naim man said:

Yes, as of this morning, they don’t appear to be there anymore, I thought that I was imagining things, I was tempted on a pair of SF Olympica, for $2000 buy it now price including free shipping, I tell you my mouth was salivating LOL.

That's how internet scam merchants work. Generally if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is - in this case it likely to be some sort of phishing attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, aasza said:

[QLD] Conrad Johnson SONOGRAPHE SA250 High Current Power Amp

Nice. I think it might be [NSW] rather than [QLD]?  probably Sydney based on the description.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benny G said:

Just for the info: ordered them a couple of weeks ago with the same seller - the item was sent the same day and communication was great with him (or them). The will arrive tomorrow (based on the tracking)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dmitry

that's good to know. I actually bought some used for 300 (only 6 months old) locally on ebay, and that's how I came across the listing, but after I had made the purchase.

keep us updated when you get them, because it's a mind shaggingly good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, Benny G said:

@dmitry

that's good to know. I actually bought some used for 300 (only 6 months old) locally on ebay, and that's how I came across the listing, but after I had made the purchase.

keep us updated when you get them, because it's a mind shaggingly good deal.

info-2. Took the headphones from the parcel locker today. Was packed in a box with foam and bubble wrap (arrh, need not to miss a bubble now...). Overall the internal box and the headphones build quality impressed for this price. Still cannot find 3 dots on the left side to identify proper side in the dark.

PS. When my wife asked why I bought the n-th headphones I could not find the answer for now.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dmitry the answer is " You need them".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, seems like those high end items on eBay are back on, this morning, amplifiers, speakers sections, amazing buy now prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, Naim man said:

Hi everyone, seems like those high end items on eBay are back on, this morning, amplifiers, speakers sections, amazing buy now prices.

 

SCAM, Hacked Account etc............. I Reported The Items To eBay :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Naim man said:

Hi everyone, seems like those high end items on eBay are back on, this morning, amplifiers, speakers sections, amazing buy now prices.

His seller feedback is all made up I believe because there is no item listed on each feedback and buyer ids are not linked somehow. Strong Scam Alert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

His seller feedback is all made up I believe because there is no item listed on each feedback and buyer ids are not linked somehow. Strong Scam Alert

 

No, it is a seller who has been idle for a while, his account log-in details have been hacked and sold on the Darkweb.

 

The real member is actually based in Singapore not Bondi Beach

 

wandall28 Member since: 15-Jun-06 in Singapore

Edited by aasza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, aasza said:

 

SCAM, Hacked Account etc............. I Reported The Items To eBay :)

and he's gone! :)

 

Try to click on any of the high valued items and they are no longer there.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/wandall28/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Edited by rocky500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rocky500 said:

and he's gone! :)

 

Try to click on any of the high valued items and they are no longer there.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/wandall28/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

DON'T CLICK ON THEM!!!

Phishing, malware, keystroke logger...

 

They're not selling anything, they're stealing. You private information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, t_mike said:

DON'T CLICK ON THEM!!!

Phishing, malware, keystroke logger...

 

They're not selling anything, they're stealing. You private information. 

Who ebay? True that. So is facebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aab said:

Who ebay? True that. So is facebook.

Not ebay. Identity fraud and bank account raiders. Could be from anywhere in the world. It's another form of spam or phishing email asking you to click on a link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...