Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

50 minutes ago, misternavi said:

seller has it listed twice- one at 1999 with best offer and 1 starting bid 99cents.

He's hedging his bets.... People more likely to bid than BIN if bid price is lower

Some people need to learn e-commerce 101 ? 

15 hours ago, aasza said:

He's hedging his bets.... People more likely to bid than BIN if bid price is lower

Some people need to learn e-commerce 101 ? 

And aren’t they actually more expensive than new at $2k?  I have the F1’s and they were about $750 new in the 90’s from memory.....?

9 minutes ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

And aren’t they actually more expensive than new at $2k?  I have the F1’s and they were about $750 new in the 90’s from memory.....?

Yeah, I think they were only around $900 new... Way back when :lol:

2 hours ago, aasza said:

Yeah, I think they were only around $900 new... Way back when :lol:

Yeah - pretty sure my f1’s were the basic cab (Black Lino finish), and f2’s same speaker but much nicer to look at?  Either way, they’re great speakers (at the right price!)

2 hours ago, Somethingclever said:

Ended @ $1975...

1 hour ago, Azz123 said:

That link takes you to a Marantz AVR... 

Yeah - the ad I linked to has been deleted already. Gumtree seems to redirect to the closest item (note where you end up doesn't match the link posted).

Either way, the amp was clearly snapped up quickly. 

Edited by twofires

Not surprised... quite collectable. They have weird speaker terminals though which seem to go missing. Noticed these were all there though so good luck to someone. I had the next model- first solid state amp SQ 101 which was almost identical

• Like 1

On 28/03/2019 at 8:56 PM, misternavi said:

seller has it listed twice- one at 1999 with best offer and 1 starting bid 99cents.

Thisdude’s giving me a headache!  The F2’s are now described as “Eos reference” in another ad of his, and there’s a pair of others with “f4” in the title and “Interlude” in the description.  He seems to be looking at random Osborns on the website and guessing models.....

Worse still, his prices are as random as his descriptions....

Edited by Mat-with-one-t