Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

I maybe wrong, but I expect that the ask is pretty much market value for that selection of gear. The Woofers are very tight tolerance and need to be done by a pro so the rotting surround issue here could prove costly. Still if you can recover $1500 for the other gear and the JBL repair comes in at under a grand you could get a nice pair of 4430's for $3500..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, t_mike said:

A lot depends on the value of the mono blocks. Can anyone identify them?

Not to mention the Sony CDP-X777ES could command $1000+ alone if in good working order

The monoblocks are made by the same company as the pre-amp Audinac (an Australian company that went defunct in the early 90's) 

Some people are asking ridiculous money for that Akai GXC-570D cassette deck in Europe

Surely the JBL's are worth $2000 on their own https://www.ebay.com/itm/382672420507

Guest jakeyb77
7 minutes ago, kelossus said:

The JBL's are worth $3000 if original components are in tact. The Buy It Now price has now disappeared?

Haha too much interest. Seller got wise 

Saw these yesterday as they were posted. Thought about it but already have custom cabinets in the works. 

On 21/01/2019 at 10:19 AM, Cafad said:

Of interest, the seller has the details of this amp wrong... she's not x-balanced, but in fact has the same conventional amplifier topology as the AU-X501, with identical power output at 80W per channel.

1 hour ago, misternavi said:

must....... re... res..... resist.......

It’s a great amp.  Powerful and dynamic.  I must try mine with a better pre and source, but man it’s mighty good!  You don’t often see the higher power ones come up for sale, and this is the balanced version too.....!  Mine is feeding my Trevor Lees speakers, and the pre barely gets past 8 o’clock from 6!  Talk about headroom!

1 hour ago, misternavi said:

which trev lees speakers do you have?

is the power amp same design as the integrated amp but more power?

I bought these off here a little while ago.....

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/257522-sold-fs-trevor-lees-audio-tla-150-floorstanding-speakers/

Gotta be one of the best buys in audio ever for me!  They are great,  really suit my room (sound and aesthetically), and really surprisingly good bass!  The are very full sounding even at low volumes.  I had replaced my Osborn F1's with them, which were great but found themselves in a room too big for them!  The Lee's are easy to drive, so I barely touch the vol control with the ML power amp!  Even the Missus said, "Geez I hadn't even noticed the change, but now I've seen them, they're quite nice".  If that wasn't enough, I nearly fell over when she commented on how much better the sound was!!

As far as I know the power amp is a very different beast to the integrated.  There were 2 different incarnations of the power amp - one lower power and this one. 

https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_3_1/v3n1q.html

I know the integrated (?80wpc) doesn't get alotta love out there, but I have one (actually I have a spare too!) from new and have always loved it.  I often wonder whether it just needs carefully matched components?   It has now been modified by Jon De Sensi to bypass the power section and I use it as a pre with the power amp.  The immediate difference was chalk and cheese.  I will likely eventually replace it with something else, but it really suits our needs in the busy family area.  I love the casework, so I'm tempted to hide a Stereo Coffee build or similar in the spare I have!

@Mat-with-one-t that exact pair you have used to be mine. Yes, thunderous bass and the best speakers I have had in my house. better than my current one. The only problem I had with the trevor Lees was that a bad recording sounded bad on it. spotify & MP3 & pop sounded harsh. I was tempted to buy speakers back off reflux075 but possibility of moving to small house meant to couldn't take the risk. 
The Musiclabs integrated only has a passive pot for volume control, so are you running it passive?

• Like 1