Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

2 hours ago, Raffinator said:

How likely do you think another discount will roll around soon? I just missed this one, and was going to use it against a large-ish item.

I think there's a 10% discount on New items currently on eBay, not sure what the coupon is though.

3 hours ago, Raffinator said:

How likely do you think another discount will roll around soon? I just missed this one, and was going to use it against a large-ish item.

How can you have missed it...

Should have 4 hours to go...

1 minute ago, Rob181 said:

How can you have missed it...

Should have 4 hours to go...

2.     This offer commences at 12.00 (AEST) on 13 June 2018 and ends at 23.59 (AEST) on 13 June 2018 (“Offer Period”).  

8 hours ago, Raffinator said:

Another. 10% off for Friday only starting 10am (AEST) code "PLAYFUL" - terms:

https://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/playful

discount capped at $100 per transaction though - so might not be 10% depending on how large-ish your item is.

Edited by aab
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Raffinator said:

10% off pre owned tech

code PRIVATE10

Terms & conditions

1. By using or attempting to use the redemption code for this offer, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
  2. This offer commences at 10.00 (AEST) on 15 June 2018 and continues for the limited period that it is displayed on http://www.ebay.com.au/ (“Offer Period”).
  3. The offer entitles you to 10% off the purchase price (excluding postage costs) of Eligible Items purchased on www.ebay.com.au during the Offer Period when you spend $20 or more in one transaction, up to a maximum discount of $500. Multiple items may be purchased in one transaction (up to a maximum of10 items per transaction or a total value of $500). There is a limit of 3 transactions per person during the Offer Period. All monetary amounts specified in these terms and conditions are in Australian dollars (AUD).
  4. Eligible Items’ means all items listed on https://www.ebay.com.au/rpp/preowned-sale.
  5. To redeem this offer during the Offer Period, enter the redemption code PRIVATE10 into the redemption code box during the checkout process. This code cannot be used in conjunction with any other eBay offer, coupon or voucher.

Guest Hensa
8 minutes ago, Cafad said:

For anyone who is interested in 70's record players I found this on Trade Me while searching for related Sansui goodness.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/home-audio/turntables/listing-1663972979.htm?rsqid=a997e5cfda844d6a8a4d9eeb2ed68966

Not sure if it's a good buy but it does seem to be a rare buy.

Nice deck and a good one for Sansui collectors but pretty optimistic pricing by the seller. Based on Hifi Shark, the going rate is around $400 to $600 and a few sold as low as $300. I won’t quote The Castle but it’s close to deserving it.

Yeah, anything with the word "Sansui" printed on it seems to have the price jacked up.  Still some good buying out of Japan but here in Oz the prices have risen massively over the last decade or so.

Oh well, it is what it is and there is no point fighting it.  (we can still whinge about it though, nothing stopping us from doing that!)

8 minutes ago, Cafad said:

Yeah, anything with the word "Sansui" printed on it seems to have the price jacked up.  Still some good buying out of Japan but here in Oz the prices have risen massively over the last decade or so.

Oh well, it is what it is and there is no point fighting it.  (we can still whinge about it though, nothing stopping us from doing that!)

I remember back in th 80’s, one high end hifi store owner used the word “Sansewer”.

i hazard a guess not well regarded back then. 

2 minutes ago, Jimval said:

I remember back in th 80’s, one high end hifi store owner used the word “Sansewer”.

Yeah, that would have been back when the export Sansui quality was allowed to go to shite.  No one claims that all Sansuis are awesome, much of the early 80's stuff exported from Japan was second rate due to cost cutting.  The stuff on the Japanese market however was always top notch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimval said:

I remember Sansui being highly regarded in the 70's and 80's as an entry to mid level audio product.....I would say that hi fi store owner was a (possibly euro) brand snob with prejudice against 'big' audio companies from Japan......although when you think about it, broken down 'Sans' and 'sewer' together could mean.....'no ****!':lol:

Sonab OA6 Mk.2 with powered (sort of) bass don't come up very often. These ones are in Victoria and if interested you should ask the seller some questions about the serviceability of the "actuators" which give the bass boost. If working properly these are a unique and full range Sonab. 

I have a pair which I have converted to biwire configuration and totally passive, as the actuator units were looking pretty dodgy and the speaker boxes were a bit water damaged. I've patched them up and they still sit in the living room and are used from time to time. I have to say that speakers I have built myself sound better, but then I'm, you know, a DIY guy with an ear for real music, so voicing speakers is what I do.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SONAB-OA-6-TYPE-2A-Acoustic-Loudspeaker-Systems/323303341359?hash=item4b46617d2f:g:S1kAAOSwSw5bJHN5

I’m not sure this is the right place for this topic,

there is a eBay listing that just appeared in the last couple of days, very high end equipment being advertised by someone in Bondi Nsw, at bargain prices, items such as, Sonus Faber high end models, Harbeth, Macintosh, excetera, their buy now price is unbelievable, but when they say to click on the link, on the buy now price it doesn’t seem to work.

1 hour ago, Naim man said:

I’m not sure this is the right place for this topic,

there is a eBay listing that just appeared in the last couple of days, very high end equipment being advertised by someone in Bondi Nsw, at bargain prices, items such as, Sonus Faber high end models, Harbeth, Macintosh, excetera, their buy now price is unbelievable, but when they say to click on the link, on the buy now price it doesn’t seem to work.

Might be worth running a virus scan on your pc. 

• Like 1

Yes, as of this morning, they don’t appear to be there anymore, I thought that I was imagining things, I was tempted on a pair of SF Olympica, for $2000 buy it now price including free shipping, I tell you my mouth was salivating LOL.

1 minute ago, Naim man said:

Yes, as of this morning, they don’t appear to be there anymore, I thought that I was imagining things, I was tempted on a pair of SF Olympica, for $2000 buy it now price including free shipping, I tell you my mouth was salivating LOL.

That's how internet scam merchants work. Generally if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is - in this case it likely to be some sort of phishing attack.