Beyonwiz Forum

That's the problem with those rifts in space-time - because they're a rift, and because they're in space *and* time, you can never know what space, or what time, they'll appear in.......................... :blink::huh:

Only Cardiff

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the problem with those rifts in space-time - because they're a rift, and because they're in space *and* time, you can never know what space, or what time, they'll appear in.......................... :blink::huh:

yes, but they'll be ten minutes late on channel 9

The WizTV service and WizTV registration is up and running again on a new hosting provider.

Beyonwiz forums are still down because of issues related to moving between hosting providers and hosting platforms. The problems with forum post corruption that some of you experienced were related to that move. I believe that Beyonwiz have had several people look into it, but it may be a while before they can sort it out completely.

Guest jeepers

I have been trying to log-in for a week, and i keep getting this message:

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

anyone any idea of whats going on in the Beyonwiz forums....?

cheers

I have been trying to log-in for a week, and i keep getting this message:

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

anyone any idea of whats going on in the Beyonwiz forums....?

cheers

See previous posts in this thread

Any goss on whether Beyonwiz or Topfield are planning new models soon.. the current ones seem quite old and i don't want to spend hundreds of dollars and find out next week a new model is hitting the market.. It seems to me that both companies are due to refresh their ranges.

No news as neither company will give out this kind of info.

The Toppy TMS models are significantly newer than BW offerings and benefit from more up to date hardware.

Street prices for current models of both brands are about half what they were when released - BW even more (less?) so.

Don't expect these sort of prices when new models are released.

Anyway, if a current model does what you want at a very attractive price point, why wait? Waiting is a neverending game with computers/electronics.

Any goss on whether Beyonwiz or Topfield are planning new models soon.. the current ones seem quite old and i don't want to spend hundreds of dollars and find out next week a new model is hitting the market.. It seems to me that both companies are due to refresh their ranges.

Topfield have a new model listed on their website the TRF7170.

Difference from the 7160 is 1 tb hard drive, extra USB port and WLAN

Haven't heard price or if it in shops yet.

Being annoyed at all of the problems with WizTV and the Forum, I asked BeyonWiz on the 5th July if the company had gone into Administration and whether BeyonWiz in Australia was no longer.

I received a reply stating "Not ture at all!" and that Harvey Norman and the Good Guys no longer carry the products but others such as JB HiFi, Bing Lee and heaps of others do.

I had already perfomed an ASIC search which said they were under administration before I asked them so the answer surprised me.

So today, I did another ASIC search for Digital Products Groups (Formerly Paige COmmunications which goes to the BeyonWiz website) and the following was the result.

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 10:51:46 on 15/07/2011 Name DIGITAL PRODUCTS GROUP PTY LIMITED

ACN 090 626 403

ABN 50 090 626 403

Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares

Registration Date 22/11/1999

Next Review Date 22/11/2011

Status ** UNDER EXTERNAL ADMINISTRATION and/or CONTROLLER APPOINTED ** Locality of Registered Office Parramatta NSW 2150

Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Former Name(s) PAIGE COMMUNICATIONS PTY. LTD.

Rather sad but I am not suprised.

DPG might survive but given the market I doubt it.

Given the lack of new products in Australia it was only a matter of time before the DPG (Beyonwiz Aus distributor) went belly up.

The new BW media player while interesting will never sell well, there are dozens of media players for people to buy, why would someone buy one from Beyonwiz.

They needed a next gen PVR which they have so far failed to deliver and given the collapse of the PVR market they have probably missed their opportunity in Australia.

I wonder what the Tiawan Beyonwiz company will do? Will they appoint a new Aus distributor or pull out.

Glen

DPG might survive but given the market I doubt it.

Given the lack of new products in Australia it was only a matter of time before the DPG (Beyonwiz Aus distributor) went belly up.

They needed a next gen PVR which they have so far failed to deliver and given the collapse of the PVR market they have probably missed their opportunity in Australia.

DPG made a huge mistake by encouraging Beyonwiz to jump on the Freeview bandwagon. Instead of using the resources of their small company to enhance the DP series firmware and develop new products, they wasted their efforts on the Freeview machine that ended up being dumped on the market at massively discounted prices.

I don't know either way whether the PVR market has collapsed (despite reports form the mischievious Smarthouse). I know plenty of people who are either just getting a PVR or looking to upgrade.

Despite the checkered history of DPG, it has certainly been a significant player in making PVRs available in this country through its association with Topfield and then Beyonwiz.

IMO, the Beyonwiz PVRs are still up with the best available and would suit the needs of most users.

So is it time to grab a run-out deal before they all disappear????

Sad to see - glad I grabbed a few emails from regulars. If the company and the forum really disappears maybe a corner can be found on DTV and/or Whirlpool for support for newer owners that no longer have access to the body of knowledge built up over the last few years.

As I mentioned above, the forums are being moved, but there are issues. I don't have the full details, but basically the forums are not only moving between hosting providers, but also operating systems and databases. Apparently, it's not at all that easy getting the data off the old Microsoft Windows based system.

As far as the company is concerned, it's not as gloomy as some make it sound. As far as I can tell, DPG is in liquidation, but it may very well be a part of a restructure, where we will see more than one entity rising from the ashes. As far as I can tell, Dealspace is the new DPG, but I have also seen references to Digital Trading Co. being the new DPG. I'm pretty sure that the dust will settle in the next month or two. Who knows, we may see a leaner operation that is focused on lower retail prices or direct sales.

As I mentioned above, the forums are being moved, but there are issues. I don't have the full details, but basically the forums are not only moving between hosting providers, but also operating systems and databases. Apparently, it's not at all that easy getting the data off the old Microsoft Windows based system.

As far as the company is concerned, it's not as gloomy as some make it sound. As far as I can tell, DPG is in liquidation, but it may very well be a part of a restructure, where we will see more than one entity rising from the ashes. As far as I can tell, Dealspace is the new DPG, but I have also seen references to Digital Trading Co. being the new DPG. I'm pretty sure that the dust will settle in the next month or two. Who knows, we may see a leaner operation that is focused on lower retail prices or direct sales.

Hope they pull through.

I sent then another Email today asking about the ASIC results as they previously told me that they were NOT in Liquidation, this after I first saw it on the ASIC web site.

Will see what they say this time (if they DO reply).

AFAIK there is a big difference to being under administration and being in liquidation. Being in liquidation means that the company is being dismantled and will close down, but being in administration could mean that there are problems but the administrator is trying to sell the business or something like that. Or the company could trade out of their problems.

Sure, there's a big difference to the company and the creditors. A liquidated company will cease to exist. Liquidation is terminal to the ABN/ACN - there are no come backs. Most of the time a liquidation means that unsecured creditors get nothing and even secured creditors will be disappointed. A company being placed under administration usually means that one of the secured creditors is concerned about the ability to pay up, but every now and then a company can come back from the brink. I don't know what's happened at DPG, but the ASIC web site clearly shows liquidation, not administration. I guess if one wanted to pay one of the brokers to get a copy of the paperwork lodged with ASIC, one might become a bit wiser.

Both during liquidation and administration, assets of a company will generally be disposed off on a tight timetable and that can mean that things like inventory, premisses and even business databases can be transferred to new owners pretty quickly. Depending on the company structure, it's even feasible that the new owners/management end up being the same people that were involved in the running of the old business. What you can see externally is that the business appears to continue trading under a new name or ABN, perhaps with a few glitches, such as telephones being cut off and then reconnected a few days later. ;)

At the end of the day, stuff like this really matters to the creditors (including employees [and more often ex-employees]), not so much to consumers.

Edited by peteru

A lot of ill-informed speculation here. As peteru points out a company in administration could be placed there by a secured creditor. It would not at all surprise me if that were the case here and the secured creditor in question is Beyonwiz Korea (note: this is my theory, I have no evidence).

A lot of ill-informed speculation here. As peteru points out a company in administration could be placed there by a secured creditor. It would not at all surprise me if that were the case here and the secured creditor in question is Beyonwiz Korea (note: this is my theory, I have no evidence).

It would appear that DPG has gone into Voluntary Liquidation

http://www.insolvencyappointments.com.au/2...up-pty-ltd.html

Creditors Voluntary Liquidation

PURPOSE

To wind up the affairs of the company where the directors have determined that due to the insolvency of the business they no longer wish to continue trading. A Creditors Voluntary Liquidation is also possible where a company has been placed into Voluntary Administration and a proposal for a Deed of Company Arrangement has not been accepted by creditors.

Since the forum was owned by DPG that also would have to close or change which is what we're seeing now (changing)

From the Beyonwiz website

http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/contact-us.php

It appears that digital trading co has taken over the affairs of DPG.

The address is the same so may simply be a business restructure, time will tell. But I'd say DPG is gone

Just my observation.

Edited by The1

Hi all,

I know this is not exactly the right place for this, and this is not strictly about the Beyonwiz Forum being down...

But - I have had several people ask me if I have a copy of the DP-S1 repair guide available as there are people out there that want to complete the repair and no longer have the instructions available due to the forum being offline...

So I have put a link to an offline PDF version of it here...

http://www.decisivecomputersolutions.com.au/service.html

At least that way people can still repair their S1 units if they need to...

Hoping the forum will be back up for everyone else soon...

Regards

Mark

PS, You may need to hit refresh on the page, I have only just changed it, if you can't see the link to the S1 repair, refresh it and you will...

Edited by warkus

Administration and winding up the affairs of the company would not stop Beyonwiz being represented in Australia - and I dare say that it will be the same people, just a different company/entity. Other companies have done it in the past - start a "spare" company, wind up the old one and re-commence trading under the new one.

Evidence that points to is being the case with Beyonwiz here is the contact info info on the (still available) website specifying digital trading co, and the forum giving a message that indicates they will "be back soon" rather than disappearing.

I have not had any contact with employees but from the above, I remain quite hopeful that we will soon see the return of the forum.............

I had a response from BeyonWiz, here it is.

Beyonwiz is, and always has been, a separate company to the previous

distributor, Digital Products Group (formerly Paige Communications).

Beyonwiz are still going strong, and are now being distributed and supported

in Australia by Digital Trading Co.

Cheers

Technical Support

Digital Trading Co.

3 Austool Place, Ingleburn

NSW, Australia 2565

P. +612 9618 1016

F. +612 9605 7360

www.digitalpg.com.au

Administration and winding up the affairs of the company would not stop Beyonwiz being represented in Australia - and I dare say that it will be the same people, just a different company/entity. Other companies have done it in the past - start a "spare" company, wind up the old one and re-commence trading under the new one.

But you'd have to wonder why this is being done? If the same people are involved doesn't it sound a little "odd"?