Digital Rollout: Bunbury & Kalgoorlie Next To Launch!

Let us know how you get on with the other 4 devices. AFAIK, all the channels are up and running, and I can say the EPG works for all 9 commercial channels through VAST.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sony PVR reports 9 new channels so that one is picking up all inc WIN, gem + go - it's the only device with a simple add new channels ability.

Will have to go back to the sony Z4500 LCD telly and the old toppy to see if they also now pick up those 3

sony PVR reports 9 new channels so that one is picking up all inc WIN, gem + go - it's the only device with a simple add new channels ability.

Will have to go back to the sony Z4500 LCD telly and the old toppy to see if they also now pick up those 3

I have my 2 PVRs and 3 TVs all tuned now. 3 out of the 5 picked up all the new channels with a simple update scan. On my old Phillips plasma and my Windows Media Center I had to delete all existing channels and then do a full rescan to pick up WIN digital etc.

OTA TV Guide working on all devices (that have this feature) on all channels for me.

the old topfield 5000pvrt doesn't pick up WIN, Go or GEM (i know it's SD only PVR, but it does receive HD but can't display it) which is a bit of a PITA. All other devices are fine.

if i choose manual tuning on for eg ch8 where WIN is it doesn't detect it at all. Seems it only goes up to ch69 and the other 2 are 80 + 88 so it can't receive them

the old topfield 5000pvrt doesn't pick up WIN, Go or GEM (i know it's SD only PVR, but it does receive HD but can't display it) which is a bit of a PITA. All other devices are fine.

if i choose manual tuning on for eg ch8 where WIN is it doesn't detect it at all. Seems it only goes up to ch69 and the other 2 are 80 + 88 so it can't receive them

You're not confusing LCN's with frequency channels are you? The WIN channels are located on UHF channel 39. Although the box should be able to pick them up automatically, you'll find nothing if you try to manually tune VHF channel 8.

Try doing a manual tune on Channel 39 and report back. ;)

Edited by Smacca

You're not confusing LCN's with frequency channels are you? The WIN channels are located on UHF channel 39. Although the box should be able to pick them up automatically, you'll find nothing if you try to manually tune VHF channel 8.

Try doing a manual tune on Channel 39 and report back. ;)

all is revealed - the missus had plugged in an indoor antenna and this thing was what was holding the toppy out. Have now plugged back into the wall outlet and all channels working fine - thanks for the prod Smacca!

Hi guys I'm new here and I'm wondering why Margaret River didn't get the digital channels that just launched in Bunbury? Am I ever going to be able to watch these digital channels?

Because it is served by a different local transmitter which will need its own set of digital transmitters to provide that facility. Every site can't be fitted out and put on air at the same time - that would require a bigger than huge number of personnel and resources which is not available.

As for the rollout schedule, it is suggested that by the end of next year all the sites that will be done by the consortium/conlgomerate/group who are doing it will be up.

Hi guys I'm new here and I'm wondering why Margaret River didn't get the digital channels that just launched in Bunbury? Am I ever going to be able to watch these digital channels?

Hi Matthew,

I'm here in Metricup (10km north of Cowaramup) and we received the new digital channels. Went to a mates place in Cowaramup and they also now have the new digital channels. You must be just outside the reach.

Hi Smacca,

Ten West, One HD and 11 don't seem to work down here (breaking up all the time). Why would the channels on this transmitter not work and yet the other two transmitters (WIN etc & GWN etc) work well?

thanks

Hi Smacca,

Ten West, One HD and 11 don't seem to work down here (breaking up all the time). Why would the channels on this transmitter not work and yet the other two transmitters (WIN etc & GWN etc) work well?

Hi ctbolt1. Did you come from Whirlpool forums? If so, welcome. :)

At first, it sounds like you're experiencing a common fringe reception problem, where some networks have slightly more, or slightly less power. Results being noticeable when you're on the fringe of the broadcast footprint. But I find this hard to believe when the same companies installed the same transmitters for all three networks in this case. I can't imagine the power would differ greatly, unless they're technically required to.

I've noticed people reporting issues with just Ten West, One HD and Eleven on LG branded set-top boxes. Perhaps this is related?

I've noticed people reporting issues with just Ten West, One HD and Eleven on LG branded set-top boxes. Perhaps this is related?

Good one. We have an LG Plasma (42PQ60D 42" 1024x768 May 2009). Antennae input is straight into the TV and split to two other TV outlets. I'll have to see if others are having problems in the area and what equipment they are using.

thanks Smacca.

Good one. We have an LG Plasma (42PQ60D 42" 1024x768 May 2009). Antennae input is straight into the TV and split to two other TV outlets. I'll have to see if others are having problems in the area and what equipment they are using.

thanks Smacca.

Hi Ctbolt

Try Rescanning now. There have been a couple of changes made to the transmission so may now work.

Robert

Hi Ctbolt

Try Rescanning now. There have been a couple of changes made to the transmission so may now work.

Robert

Thanks Robert. Schmick. time for American Office, Wilfred and ... Cheers. LIfe is complete.

Actually might be time for a Toppy.

edit : 10.30pm playing up again. at least we know it is possible to get the good reception on 10. will see what tomorrow brings.

Edited by ctbolt1

Thanks Robert. Schmick. time for American Office, Wilfred and ... Cheers. LIfe is complete.

Actually might be time for a Toppy.

edit : 10.30pm playing up again. at least we know it is possible to get the good reception on 10. will see what tomorrow brings.

What area do you live in? Sounds more like signal level.

Robert.

What area do you live in? Sounds more like signal level.

Possibly the LG thing, too.

Ctbolt1,

Try and borrow another set-top box as you planned and let us know if the issue continues.

Well that's quite annoying to see that Cowaramup managed to get most of the digital channels and less than 10km away, I miss out for who knows how long. :(

How's your analog reception? Are you eligible for VAST?

• 2 months later...

Been watching this forum for quite some time as a guest and have found out plenty of useful information. I have just signed up to try and find some further information on the digital rollout.

Sorry to post in this thread but I do not have permission to create a new thread and this thread is about the closest available.

Now Bunbury is up and operational (apart from the very observable and annoying lip sync issue on One from digital reception in Busselton!) can anyone shed some light on the digital roll out for Manjimup and surrounds?

Been watching this forum for quite some time as a guest and have found out plenty of useful information. I have just signed up to try and find some further information on the digital rollout.

Sorry to post in this thread but I do not have permission to create a new thread and this thread is about the closest available.

Now Bunbury is up and operational (apart from the very observable and annoying lip sync issue on One from digital reception in Busselton!) can anyone shed some light on the digital roll out for Manjimup and surrounds?

Souwester, have it on good authority that Bridgetown is going "online" on the 9th of December with surrounding areas weeks later.

Edited by Lower Souwester

Souwester, have it on good authority that Bridgetown is going "online" on the 9th of December with surrounding areas weeks later.

Lower Souwester

Appreciate the advice. Let me know if you hear of any further developments.

Edited by Souwester