Digital Rollout: Bunbury & Kalgoorlie Next To Launch!

Thanks. This one shows which channels are where.

mtlennard1a.jpg

My brother-in-law attended a function a week ago, and also at the function was the GM of WIN. They sat at the same table for lunch,

and my BIN asked him about the digital changeover. The GM said that the dates for trial transmission was 01July2011 switch on, then official

switch on date 26July2011. He did add that these dates could change slightly, but about those dates. So good luck when it all happens

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were talking of a deadline you should say who's deadline it is. If its GWN/WIN's deadline you should have said so.

Considering the amount of government funding going to GWN/WIN for WA VAST and their transmitter rollout that was confirmed in a previous media release, don't you think the minister would be getting strict on a timetable for a full rollout?

Smacca,

Nice to see some proof.

Note I did not say it would not happen, it is only one option.

If you were talking of a deadline you should say who's deadline it is. If its GWN/WIN's deadline you should have said so.

AlanH

That's ok Alan, I accept your apology. :)

My brother-in-law attended a function a week ago, and also at the function was the GM of WIN. They sat at the same table for lunch,

and my BIN asked him about the digital changeover. The GM said that the dates for trial transmission was 01July2011 switch on, then official

switch on date 26July2011. He did add that these dates could change slightly, but about those dates. So good luck when it all happens

Interesting. The dates could change, you just can't assume everything will go smoothly especially with these unique VAST-to-terrestrial installations. But these problems, if they exist, would strictly be technical delays, not delays due to mismanagement, funding or the 'WA doesn't exist' syndrome.

Thanks for the info. :)

Edited by Smacca

Smacca,

I have not apologised, because I have no need. I have not predicted what transmitters will start in Bunbury and when, only suggested the options. The only coment I have made on the start date is that it will cause a problem when VAST shows all 12 programs commercial programs and 200,000 people in the Bunbury coverage area can only get 2 programs in which part is replaced with part of another network. I have posted the proof on this website and now you are finally doing the same.

You do however you need to apologise for this;

"QUOTE (alanh @ May 23 2011, 12:49 PM)

I have a brother in law who lives in this area and I have visited him,

But Alan, if it ain't on paper, it ain't true.

So, basically, AlanH doesn't have a brother in law at all and he never visited him. You had no way of knowing any of this.

I have just returned from the funeral of my 105 year old step father and to commiserate with my brother in law on the Gold Coast, having seen him 9 months earlier. If you want proof of the funeral its in the the Courier Mail newspaper. Yes I got caught in the Ash Cloud on the way back to WA.

AlanH

suggested the options.

Exactly, which shows you still refuse to accept information from this forum's most frequent posters.

You do however you need to apologise for this;

I'm sorry for turning the table on you and giving you a taste of your own disgusting, gut wrenching medicine. :lol:

Yes I got caught in the Ash Cloud on the way back to WA.

AlanH

Hmmmm.jpg

Smacca,

I have never used personal attacks as you and others use.

I only use quotes which prove the point from those paying for the VAST system in your case, this you do not like because it proves what you have been harping about was wrong.

AlanH

Smacca,

I only use quotes which prove the point from those paying for the VAST system in your case, this you do not like because it proves what you have been harping about was wrong.

Frequency of posting is no indicator of accuracy

AlanH

Smacca,

If you can't prove you have a brother, that doesn't mean I'm personally attacking you. ;)

I don't understand. You use quotes which prove the point (which point?) from those paying for VAST like me, which I don't like (what don't I like? quotes?) because it proves I was wrong?

Frequency of posting is no indicator of accuracy

:lol: How ironic that you added that line on a second post to increase your post count. You are one strange character, Alan.

Edited by Smacca

A fascinating example of inversion going on here. alanh more often than not posts information that, when actually read, contradicts what he says while others, such as Smacca, post information that directly and irrefutably proves their case. Is anyone surprised? I hope not.

BigMuz,

It was not rule changing, it was the WIN/GWN trying to get the taxpayer to pay for the transmitters instead of themselves. They are already paying for the satellite distribution.

AlanH

That's what i reckon all along, especially after they were handed TenWest on a plate, that gave GWN &WIN the bargaining power to just do nothing for years and wait knowing the Goverment was now cornered and had to give them taxpayer funds to get anything to happen as there was no competitor.

BigMuz,

It was not rule changing, it was the WIN/GWN trying to get the taxpayer to pay for the transmitters instead of themselves. They are already paying for the satellite distribution.

AlanH

I was not saying I agree with the contents of the article. There are the ongoing lies from WIN & GWN as you state, and also inaccuracies in the article eg. "Bunbury will lead the way in the provision of digital television to regional Australia." lol

I was merely posting the link to show the mainstream press are now reporting what others in this forum have been saying, that digital will commence in July from Mt Lennard.

So far it looks like Smacca, as usual, got it 100% right. The networks management are saying it. The networks technical staff are saying it. The press is saying it.

Contrast this with the position held by one forum armchair expert. Quite a difference. I think this may be another example of reality winning.

So far it looks like Smacca, as usual, got it 100% right. The networks management are saying it. The networks technical staff are saying it. The press is saying it.

Contrast this with the position held by one forum armchair expert. Quite a difference. I think this may be another example of reality winning.

I tried to tell everyone with the little proof I had, but Mr Hughes just had to ruin it all. :( Oh well, it is his forum afterall. He is in complete control and can steer any thread any way he likes. I guess that's just the way DTV Forums is. A place anyone can come and discuss digital TV, as long as it filtered through AlanH.

Guest stump_1100
Little proof? A picture showing three racks of transmission equipment is about as much proof as any sane person could require. Which probably explains why alanh continues to 'doubt'. ^_^

I'll be doing a site visit early next month so any requests?

Won't there be massive artefacts on the new digital services by doing re-encoding to MPEG-2 on-site? Will WA VAST use higher bit-rates than the tiny ones on VAST East to compensate for the triple compression (once to get it to MediaHub/GWN Playout in Canberra, second to MPEG-4 for VAST, third to make it MPEG-2 for DVB-T) or will the WA Terrestrial service be noticeably inferior quality to add insult to the delay?

Guest Jadakas

Does anyone know (Smacca/Dr.P) if the current feeds on Optus D1 for GWN/WIN/TENWEST will remain, or will terrestrial transmitters be fed via Vast W.A

Addendum:- AlanH, Please do not reply to this post as you know JACKSHIT about anything Satellite related.