Now have

Halloween 2 [Rob Zombie] UK version

Watchmen The Complete Motion Picture Comic

to pass on

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do people have an objection to someone actually wanting to keep a disc now and then ? jsut thinking whole idea of the pass it on is might have a disc that done with that might bring more joy to some one else whether its to just watch once or keep. with pay it forward never know the person receiving though might keep particular disc, might actually put another or even several others forward so things kind of work their ways out in the end :) ofcourse someone accepting a disc and then flogging it off might be seen as a bit suss, but just think we should just work on pass on basis and once passed on totally upto person receiving what they want to do with the disc. I'm sure enough of us here and wanting to contribute to keep this whole thing working pretty well. anyways a lot of this just comes down to what people comfortable wiht I guess and no black white answers :)

I do think, people posting when they have got a disc to pass on. or what theyre doing with it eg pass on to XYZ probably best way to keep track of things :)

Good Idea, but I would prefer to keep this thread pass on/pay it forward only and not turn it into "That thread with free blu-rays to keep" to try and deter "hit and runs"

Instead, Maybe if you have something specific to give away rather than pass on, you could post it in X-Philes original thread, and keep that one going with free give aways?

What do you guys think?

Region A locked copy of Enchanted if any one wants it - wives or girlfriends or girl-kids would probably love it.

I'd... I mean my wife would love to see this! PM'd...

Edited by brake

Good Idea, but I would prefer to keep this thread pass on/pay it forward only and not turn it into "That thread with free blu-rays to keep" to try and deter "hit and runs"

Instead, Maybe if you have something specific to give away rather than pass on, you could post it in X-Philes original thread, and keep that one going with free give aways?

What do you guys think?

I'd... I mean my wife would love to see this! PM'd...

Nah no point keeping two threads going that's going to be confusing to follow and this one stickied. Perhaps leave choice to person posting up what have to offer. Whether they just want to pass on or want it to circulate. My self with 4 discs I have passed on, have no worries either way what happens to them and placed no onus on receiver. If they pass them on ...great. If they want to keep it - It's found a good home :) happy either way. Done my pay forward with those discs upto person receiving as to what they want to do. If they want to pay forward as well good on em. But see it as their choice :)

I have these to "Pay it Forward" or "Own" you can choose.

outlander ( kc01 claimed )

robocop regA ( skitzo claimed )

splinter ( sschen claimed )

taking of pelham 123 ( kc01 claimed )

jacob's ladder regA ( brake claimed )

These have been posted today.

Thanks to everyone who replied & enjoy the movie. :)

i have heaps of titles that im happy to lend out, except id probably want them back at some point in time.

any idea if this is possible?, im sure others would be in the same boat.

this might introduce more recent titles for offer, rather than old common titles being passed around.

i have heaps of titles that im happy to lend out, except id probably want them back at some point in time.

this might introduce more recent titles for offer, rather than old common titles being passed around.

Yeah That's why I mentioned we could arrange something about borrowing?

Maybe a different thread where we could lend our stuff out or trade for a week or so? I don't know how well it would work though. What have you got?

Can't see why can't work. Requires trust and Acceptqnce some chance discs going to get scratched case damaged etc in transit in use. And some proportion might get lost damaged beyond use.'Eg what happens to rentals. But yeah if happy to accept that am sure possible to put some discs out on basis people pass on knowing they're yours. And that at any stage you can make a call to have them back. I'd put a sticker or stick a card inside the case words to effect. I'm sure we could accommodate a few boomerang discs :)

Can't see why can't work. Requires trust and Acceptqnce some chance discs going to get scratched case damaged etc in transit in use. And some proportion might get lost damaged beyond use.'Eg what happens to rentals. But yeah if happy to accept that am sure possible to put some discs out on basis people pass on knowing they're yours. And that at any stage you can make a call to have them back. I'd put a sticker or stick a card inside the case words to effect. I'm sure we could accommodate a few boomerang discs :)

This sounds like a good idea in theory. But we all know how the posties treat our parcels. Unless people post out the case double bubblewrapped etc (which means paying ridiculous parcel postage rates hence defeating the purpose of "borrowing"), the case is bound to be cracked after doing a few rounds with the added possibility of the all-important BD disk being dislodged from the hub and being scratched!

Just a suggestion if we do setup a "borrow" thread, the thread starter most definitely need to have "edit" priviledges to the first post and be willing to maintain/keep track of who has the titles etc. To get around the BD case being cracked etc, may I also suggest the original lender sends the BD in just a plain/slim CD case and perhaps cellotape the CD case on the side to keep it sealed. I normally put small pieces of bubblewrap and cotton wool in used BD titles that I send out to prevent/minimise the BD disk from being dislodged whilst in transit.

I know this is not going to sound good to some but another thing I think we should consider is that we should only pass-on or lend titles to established members. I like the idea of this thread and I hope we can keep this going but it might not be long before this gets out. All it takes is for a few cheats out there to get wind of this, there is nothing preventing them from signing up to this board and requesting titles. Before long, the titles being passed on would mysteriously disappear. Since brake started this thread, perhaps he can share some ideas on how to define established members. Normally when I sell/trade titles on the BD Buy/Trade thread, I will post off the title straight after the member PM me saying he has paid through DD even though the money hasn't appeared in my bank account yet. But I only extend this practice to members who have 100 posts, or have been a member of this forum for more than a year, or someone I have transacted with previously. This is just what I do, perhaps someone has a better idea to keep this confined to "trusted" circle.

Edited by sschen

Can't see why can't work. Requires trust and Acceptqnce some chance discs going to get scratched case damaged etc in transit in use.

I'm very carefull with my disc's as I'm sure 99% of the members are here too.

What I suggest is offer to loan 2 or 3 movies that we consider popular viewing to " Start With "

Each member joins the thread & offers their movies.

Compile the list of members & their movies at the start of the thread.

For transport of the disc's we get slim US elite cases which hold at least 3 disc.

Which can be bought cheaply in Bulk from ebay US.

The intial cost of the cases might seem high but when you consider you can send up to 3x disc at a

time for $1.20 postage stamp or $1.40 envelope it will be thrifty.

In time we can do: movie from x member, movie from y member, movie from z member in the one case

when we have enough disc circulating.

What you think?

Hmmm... Still no word back from Caniffe about my being able to edit previous posts so I can keep a master list.

Someone else requested that this thread be made a sticky and it was done almost straight away.... I wonder why he's not responding to me? Maybe if someone else asks instead?

You could try DTV Mod (Sir Timmo)?

I think it was albi ": )" or Lyle that got the thread stickied

I did ask for it to be stickied, but good chance others did as well,

brake did you use the report function ?.

just use it on your first post in this thread its all I did. the risk with pm'ing would be if either are off enjoying life or got their legs up and miss your message completely. with the report either when hop in will see it :)

if case of many voices let me know. am happy to report the first post again asking if you could have edit rights. not sure if it is a system issue too, ie its just not there till reach so many post and maybe not available person by person :) anyways its the weekend, give it till early next week.

You could try DTV Mod (Sir Timmo)?

I think it was albi ": )" or Lyle that got the thread stickied

Hmm... I thought Caniffe was the only mod for some reason!

I did ask for it to be stickied, but good chance others did as well,

brake did you use the report function ?.

just use it on your first post in this thread its all I did. the risk with pm'ing would be if either are off enjoying life or got their legs up and miss your message completely. with the report either when hop in will see it :)

if case of many voices let me know. am happy to report the first post again asking if you could have edit rights. not sure if it is a system issue too, ie its just not there till reach so many post and maybe not available person by person :) anyways its the weekend, give it till early next week.

I just sent Caniffe a PM, it's been almost two weeks now since my first PM to him. I sent two (or three, can't remember) because I wasn't sure if the first one went through due to not saving sent messages. Still no reply :unsure:

It would be good if someone else could try as well as well!

Hmm... I thought Caniffe was the only mod for some reason!

I just sent Caniffe a PM, it's been almost two weeks now since my first PM to him. I sent two (or three, can't remember) because I wasn't sure if the first one went through due to not saving sent messages. Still no reply :unsure:

It would be good if someone else could try as well as well!

as I mentioned rather than pm, you would be better off using the report button on your first post, that way you'll get timo or caniffe whom ever is on the watch at the moment :)

I think it;s just Timmo - he doesn't appear on the forums much, I only know him through the warnings I have copped for saying naughty things.

Albi is just a schlep .... like you and me :P ... no real magical powers at all.

hehe no magic powers, both TimO and canife guard those carefully, incase they got in the wrong hands :P

its really easy to know who is part of moderation team, just go to My assistant on the top banner and click moderating team :)

but I'd suggest again. the best means is to use the report function :)

Well, Timmo has given me senior member status which means I can update the list regularly now!

I'd like to add a couple of movies to the pool and, eventually, to put my hand up if anything interesting comes along. But I'm a little lost as to what's available, who has it now, how long the queue is etc.

Anyone keeping tabs on this?

First post updated to show a list of what's in circulation and thr rules had been updated and clarified:

- Sender to pay the postage to the receiver, who then pays postage to the next person and so on and so forth.

- After you've watched it and are ready pay it forward/pass it on, Please, post it in the thread so we know it's available again.

-If you have finished with a disc and someone has already requested it, post in the thread anyway that you are done with it and who you are sending it to (then we can track down titles if need be)

Edited by brake

Well, Timmo has given me senior member status which means I can update the list regularly now!

First post updated to show a list of what's in circulation and thr rules had been updated and clarified:

- Sender to pay the postage to the receiver, who then pays postage to the next person and so on and so forth.

- After you've watched it and are ready pay it forward/pass it on, Please, post it in the thread so we know it's available again.

-If you have finished with a disc and someone has already requested it, post in the thread anyway that you are done with it and who you are sending it to (then we can track down titles if need be)

Well done brake !

I like how have listed discs in circulation, though forgotten already who donated 'basic' hehe, it's going to be a challenge keeping track for sure. Good on you for taking this on :)

Yeah prob good idea to not try track where each disc is at. Easier for those interested to work that out . Just a matter of doing a search for title in the thread. Soon find all posts related. Otherwise could put who has it next to each title. But that would be too high maintenance !

Nice list of discs though and be soon growing I reckon with people's generosity. Rather than sell on disc, not planning to keep, I'll see if can donate them in future :)