Sign in to follow this  
cjgolf

Panasonic 58 Inch Thp58s20a

$1499

Bing Lee did me one for 1450 cash, for my parents , finally got them out of a 53cm cart

That is absolutely bottom , no free delivery , guy was willing to let me go , felt sorry for him actually

They were on sale everywhere over the last 3-4 weeks for $1498 so I would imaging anything less than $1450 is about as low as they'll go....it's a very good price for a good screen of this size. Obviously Panasonic are discounting to clear stock.

Considering Panasales are selling reconditioned units for $1400 then yes a good price.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Considering Panasales are selling reconditioned units for $1400 then yes a good price.
They must have seen your post. Now reduced to $1196

As a percentage of the purchase price $179 is steep for a $1499 product and I am sure the seller is making a significant margin on the warranty, however its typical of the prices charged.

As a percentage of the purchase price $179 is steep for a $1499 product and I am sure the seller is making a significant margin on the warranty, however its typical of the prices charged.

Thanks for that. I will have a chat to them about reducing it. Guess at the end of the day it is only $45 per annum and it is pickup from home.

What do you reckon their cost would be on the 4 year warranty?

Lets say it is $120 so that would be 50% markup. In my mind that would not be a big or unfair markup.

I think it's a fair price for an additional 4 years warranty especially if it includes pickup from home

Thanks for that. I will have a chat to them about reducing it. Guess at the end of the day it is only $45 per annum and it is pickup from home.

What do you reckon their cost would be on the 4 year warranty?

Lets say it is $120 so that would be 50% markup. In my mind that would not be a big or unfair markup.

The true cost of the warranty is more likely about 5% of the purchase price, but seller has to make a living.

The true cost of the warranty is more likely about 5% of the purchase price, but seller has to make a living.

I checked with them and they say they do not discount warranty. Overall I think it is a fair deal as it includes on site repair/pickup so I am going with it. A few years ago when I was buying a retailer told me his power supply went in his own plasma outside of the 12 mth warranty and it cost him like $750 just for the part.

I agree about making a living. They need to make decent money on some things else they won't be around in the future and we need competition.

Where do you get that figure from?? I've worked for 3 different retailers and no warranties ever had costings of 5%. Compare taking a TV to a repairer and $179 is a bargain for 4 years of unlimited repairs if it's needed.

Out of that entire sale I'd be amazed if they made $100 profit, it would be more that the TV would have been sold at cost or below and the only profit would have been on the warranty.

I paid 4.8% on 4 years extended warranty on my $6300 Sony SXRD and did not get a "a deal" on the warranty. DSE said they offered the warranty as a service and did not make any money on it.

I paid 8% on my $2800 Samsung LCD and the retailer made full margin on the warranty, therefore I am confident the real cost is less than 5%.

Warranty is just insurance, look at other insurance products and its clear to me that the cost V risk ratio on TV insurance is favorable to the insurer at 5% of purchase price.

Edited by Owen

For a nwe one that is a good price but you can get better, I got one from HN a month ago for $1448, the drone told me that was so close to cost he couldnt take any more off, not that that counts for anything tho.