Sign in to follow this  
sharkablue

Samsung 2011 3d Tv's. Whats Your Best Price?

What a tv! I picked it up for 3500 on Thursday.3d and Fox Sports HD are sensational...

Hi brake,

from reading the spec's in the Samsung's Vision Mag,

D8000 - Mega DCR 20,000,000:1 / D6900 - Mega DCR 10,000,000:1

D8000 - Real Black Filter (CRH) = Yes / D6900 = No

Skype on TV = Yes / No

Web Browser = Yes / No

3D sound = Yes / No

HDMI 1.4 A Return Ch. = Yes / No

EPG (Electronic Program Guide) = Yes / No

All other features are the same for each, except 10w speakers in both 51" models instead of 15w.

D8000 - 51" / 59" / 64"

D6900 - 51" / 59"

From what I can see, the D7000 is only available in LED.

Ah Ok thanks a lot for that! Realistically what does the HDMI 1.4 A return channel actually do?

I Had a chance to see the D6900 and the D550 side by side yesterday and the reflections on the D550 are horrendous... I was considering the D550 but not any more.

Ah Ok thanks a lot for that! Realistically what does the HDMI 1.4 A return channel actually do?

I Had a chance to see the D6900 and the D550 side by side yesterday and the reflections on the D550 are horrendous... I was considering the D550 but not any more.

Hi Brake

was that in Myer in Melbourne CBD?

I had a look last week, they are both right next to each other, and you are right the reflections on the 550 were a lot worse than the 6900 (which didn't really have any).

I just wish I could see them in darkened environments , at Myer they are right under some lights! I wonder would there be much of a difference then?

N

The Audio Return Channel (ARC) allows the digital sound (from the TV's tuner) to be played back through your compatible AV amp via the HDMI connection. Not needed if you use a STB or PVR and have those connected to your AV amp.

The 'Real Black Filter' suppresses the amount of external light that is reflected on the screen, improves image contrast in bright conditions.

I'm looking at a UA55D6600 @ $2650 at JB HiFi Castle Hill – is that a good price these days?

They're offering the Skype Camera/Mic for an extra $150

I'll probably bundle up a Samsung BD-D5500 player and an extended warranty on the TV as well - but they're final "negotiation" items

Any feedback on target pricing appreciated

UPDATE:

Clearly not - after a bit of comparison shopping at JBHiFi, Good Guys and Bing Lee (couldn't get anyone to spare me anytime to serve me at Hardly Normal) I returned to the first shop I visited today

I got the UA55D6600 55" LED Smart TV down to $2489 at Myers Castle Hill - with standard 12 month warranty

An extra 2 years on site warranty on the TV was $169

Accessories also purchased were:

Samsung Skype HD Camera CYSTC1100 - $149

Samsung QWERTY Remote RMC-QTD1AP2 - $79

Samsung Blu-ray Home Theatre HT-D5300 - $339

All up $3225 - not bad considering the RRP of the TV is normally $3499 (I know no one pays retail...)

Very happy with that package and I get $70 of Myer One vouchers for the purchase as an additional discount - so net $3155!

Now I just need to register for the free two pairs of 3D glasses offer from Samsung that are currently on offer

Edited by bodogbodog

Hi Brake

was that in Myer in Melbourne CBD?

I had a look last week, they are both right next to each other, and you are right the reflections on the 550 were a lot worse than the 6900 (which didn't really have any).

I just wish I could see them in darkened environments , at Myer they are right under some lights! I wonder would there be much of a difference then?

N

Nah it was Myer Carindale in Brisbane. I think the D550 would be OK in a dark environment, I've got a th pz46800a which is pretty bad in a bright room but I've never had any real issues with it, I just have to closed some doors that are behind the TV when I watch it. But we're moving soon as there is no Guarantee that I will get another dark room.

The Audio Return Channel (ARC) allows the digital sound (from the TV's tuner) to be played back through your compatible AV amp via the HDMI connection. Not needed if you use a STB or PVR and have those connected to your AV amp.

The 'Real Black Filter' suppresses the amount of external light that is reflected on the screen, improves image contrast in bright conditions.

Oh cool, thanks. But you can still do optical out or Composite out?

So do you guys think we will be getting some bonuses like our US friends are getting? 3D Megamind and Shrek boxsets?

Just registered for the Megamind promotion.

All in all, a pretty simple process. They didn't query me on which event I had been to or anything like that. All they wanted to know was the serial number and model number of the tv, and also to email them a copy of the receipt.

We'll see what actually turns up in the mail...!

Just registered for the Megamind promotion.

All in all, a pretty simple process. They didn't query me on which event I had been to or anything like that. All they wanted to know was the serial number and model number of the tv, and also to email them a copy of the receipt.

We'll see what actually turns up in the mail...!

I assume all those who have bought the d8000's have also claimed your qwerty remotes?

http://www.samsung.com/au/qwerty/

I assume all those who have bought the d8000's have also claimed your qwerty remotes?

http://www.samsung.com/au/qwerty/

That's strange. The QWERTY remote came bundled with my LED D8000. Are there some being sold without it? Or am I completely mistaken and this is a different beast to the normal remote/QWERTY?

Well completed the QUERTY rego. See what happens, although there was one in the box!

Well completed the QUERTY rego. See what happens, although there was one in the box!

So now that you have yours... can you confirm which type of 3d glasses you got?

The D8000 comes with one set of the basic 3100 model glasses.

I just received my first pair of 3700 glasses plus the inductive charging tower that I ordered separately.

Apart from the differences with batteries and charging etc, is there much difference in the viewing between the 3100 and 3700?

Apart from the differences with batteries and charging etc, is there much difference in the viewing between the 3100 and 3700?

I haven't done a lot of 3d viewing for comparison yet, but in my short stints, I couldn't really tell a difference in visual quality.

The main benefits from my perspective are weight, and that the 3700 will accept an RX lens insert which replaces the standard nosepiece so you don't have to fit the 3D glasses over standard eyeglasses.

The wireless charging was a little vanity purchase on my part, but another aspect of power handling which I thought was nice, was that the 3700 will only activate when they are placed on the head (I am guessing it is a flex-sensor on the headband), and only when the TV is in 3D mode.

Hi guys

Newbie here but I have been following this forum for quite some time hence my decision to buy the PS64D8000 and what an incrediible TV :D it is.

Unfortunately I've got one small problem, actually not a small one, a big one, it's tooooo big. Yes I know your're going, how can it be too big, that's what I thought to until I got it home.

Anyway to cut a long story short. I'm selling it if anyone's interested $3500 with 4yr warranty, it's just 5 days young and I have the receipt, pick up Perth only and bring a big van :D

Anyway to cut a long story short. I'm selling it if anyone's interested $3500 with 4yr warranty, it's just 5 days young and I have the receipt, pick up Perth only and bring a big van :D

Have you tried contacting the retailer to see whether you can downgrade to something smaller (I presume you still need a TV right?) then taking the price difference as a refund or store credit?

Hi guys

Newbie here but I have been following this forum for quite some time hence my decision to buy the PS64D8000 and what an incrediible TV :D it is.

Unfortunately I've got one small problem, actually not a small one, a big one, it's tooooo big. Yes I know your're going, how can it be too big, that's what I thought to until I got it home.

I'd give it atleast 2 weeks to get used to it before selling it. I couldn't stand my 50" when i first got it, soon got used to it.

3100GB - Non Rechargable

The D8000 comes with one set of the basic 3100 model glasses.

I just received my first pair of 3700 glasses plus the inductive charging tower that I ordered separately.

Where did you order the tower from??

Where did you order the tower from??

Just off eBay from this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/CY-SWC1000A-Samsung-Wi...=item2310dfacbe

Seemed reputable and the price was reasonable with free shipping. The tower came with a AU compatible power adapter, but a Korean style "Europlug" to figure 8 power cord. $13 at Dick Smith fixed that.

Shipping was very quick, had no fuss.

Looking now, I notice another seller with them listed for $50 cheaper, and from the US....can't vouch for them though.

The 3700s came from Expansys http://www.expansys.com.au/samsung-ssg-370...glasses-217404/ for about $150, although the price is now down to $130 odd.