Sign in to follow this  
sharkablue

Samsung 2011 3d Tv's. Whats Your Best Price?

Checked out some new Sammy's in Myer, Harvey Norman and David Jones last night and found no evidence of the Anti Reflective Peel pandemic. Although not the be all end all as maybe what causes it is the constant temperature change of turning it off and on... still a good sign.

At last I'm getting some confidence regarding buying a bigger panel.

Our lounge room is quite small and has an awkward configuration thanks to a bay window.

We are upgrading from 50" to a 64/65" and we view from about 2.7m. The TV has to sit on a corner unit.

We currently have a Panasonic and our choice is between that brand and Samsung.

Whilst I like the Panny I'm not keen on paying say four figures more for it.

The worry for me is how these sets will perform over the longer term.

They may both get good reviews when new but what about three years on?

I'm an old geezer that comes from the school of the 'more features these sets have the more things can go wrong.'

Soon we have to make a decision or we'll never get the damn thing.

What would you guys consider a fair price for the Samsung 3D 64"?

At last I'm getting some confidence regarding buying a bigger panel.

Our lounge room is quite small and has an awkward configuration thanks to a bay window.

We are upgrading from 50" to a 64/65" and we view from about 2.7m. The TV has to sit on a corner unit.

We currently have a Panasonic and our choice is between that brand and Samsung.

Whilst I like the Panny I'm not keen on paying say four figures more for it.

The worry for me is how these sets will perform over the longer term.

They may both get good reviews when new but what about three years on?

I'm an old geezer that comes from the school of the 'more features these sets have the more things can go wrong.'

Soon we have to make a decision or we'll never get the damn thing.

What would you guys consider a fair price for the Samsung 3D 64"?

Which 64" are you looking at: the 550 or the 8000? Probably a $1000 difference between the two. The 65" ST30 Panasonic will probably be a few hundred $ more when it comes out soon.

Have you had a look at them in the flesh? The 8000 has a silver bezel which I'm not over-enthralled about, but the reflections (under bright store lights) were pretty bad on the 550 I looked at...

To be honest I couldn't see much difference in the picture between the two, though I stand to be corrected on that.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by nickc

Thanks Nick.

It will be the 8000 series.

I haven't seen it in the flesh yet. I'm on the Gold Coast and I'm hoping JB will have one when I call in tomorrow.

I will wait for the Panasonic which should be out in July. At least then I can weigh up the two sets.

The 50" Panasonic we purchased has a silver bezel and people weren't thrilled with that five years ago either.

The new model Panasonic looks very smart with the black bezel. Judging by the pictures of it anyway.

Samsung would have sold untold numbers of plasma TV's and here I am humming and hawing over the merits of the 8000 series 64 inch model.

I guess it's what we do. :D

Does anyone know what model 3d active glasses come with the PS64D8000 TV?

Sorry it took me a while guys. 59D8000 receipt

Hope this helps.

If I take a copy of this invoice will any HN match this price?

Edited by Jem2006

just rang HN today, I ordered the 64" D8000 Plasma 2 months ago now, when i ordered it i was told 2 weeks....still no delivery date.

im tossing up now to just get the 55" D8000 LED instead as im sick of waiting.

So still not dates on the 64" Plasmas

Cancel the order and negotiate a lower price.

Cancel the order and negotiate a lower price.

This

so HN got back to me today, the 64" Plasma will be in Late July now!

now I have to decide whether to wait of get the LED.

im sitting 3.2m back from the screen what is suited better from your experiences 55" or 64"

Depends on what you view, for normal TV 55" is fine but for Bluray even the 64" is way too small.

64" is too small for my 3.2m seating for bluray? wow i was worried it would be too big for my room

On the 20% day, local hn had the 64 d8000 going for $2600. Shoot for a price close to that.

That's far more than 20% off RRP. Must have been the 64"550.

so HN got back to me today, the 64" Plasma will be in Late July now!

now I have to decide whether to wait of get the LED.

im sitting 3.2m back from the screen what is suited better from your experiences 55" or 64"

Well, I'll be ringing Harvey Norman tomorrow and find out when they expect mine in. If they say end of July, I'll get mine from JB. Spoke to JB tonight n fact and they have given me a better price and have some in stock. JB told me that Harvey Norman would not be getting stock of Samsung or Sony until the end of August at the earliest as JB had bought all the early shipments as they had bigger buying power.

Cancelled my purchase with Harvey Normal and picked one up at JB cheaper today. They have them in stock! Do yourselves a favour!!

Trigg,

are we talking about the 64 d8000 or the 550 model that JB have in stock, as I'm waiting on the 64"550 but if I cant get one soon might settlefor the 59"

What price did you get the PS64D8000 for? I was in at JB's Cannington WA on Wed and they gave me a price of $3800 but now with 15% off tvs it wold be $3650 but I think I could get a better price especially if I am looking for a home theater system (thinking about the samsung HT-D7650W). I will also be redeeming the megamind 3d pack from Samsung.

I couldn't find a general Samsung 2011 thread so I'll ask here, does anyone know what the exact difference between the D6900 and the D8000 are? Do they use the same panel?

I can't find any comparisons!

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, is our D6900 the same as the US D7000? - I might have more luck looking for comparisons on US sites!

Thanks...

Edited by brake

I couldn't find a general Samsung 2011 thread so I'll ask here, does anyone know what the exact difference between the D6900 and the D8000 are? Do they use the same panel?

I can't find any comparisons!

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, is our D6900 the same as the US D7000? - I might have more luck looking for comparisons on US sites!

Thanks...

Hi brake,

from reading the spec's in the Samsung's Vision Mag,

D8000 - Mega DCR 20,000,000:1 / D6900 - Mega DCR 10,000,000:1

D8000 - Real Black Filter (CRH) = Yes / D6900 = No

Skype on TV = Yes / No

Web Browser = Yes / No

3D sound = Yes / No

HDMI 1.4 A Return Ch. = Yes / No

EPG (Electronic Program Guide) = Yes / No

All other features are the same for each, except 10w speakers in both 51" models instead of 15w.

D8000 - 51" / 59" / 64"

D6900 - 51" / 59"

From what I can see, the D7000 is only available in LED.

Edited by chefscuba70

Trigg,

are we talking about the 64 d8000 or the 550 model that JB have in stock, as I'm waiting on the 64"550 but if I cant get one soon might settlefor the 59"

It was the D8000 Daz.

I picked it up for $3600 on 24 month Int Free, but if your paying cash you should be able to get it cheaper!