Samsung 2011 3d Tv's. Whats Your Best Price?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was offered $3150 this morning for the D8000.

That's certainly a very good price for a terrific TV. A few hundred bucks less than what I paid a month ago.

Although I think you mentioned previously that you were lukewarm on the silver bezel. So maybe the D550 is for you. Both are excellent choices in my book. :)

Edited by Felix.

Costco have the 64D550 for at least $100 cheaper.

Thanks Owen. I'll have a look into it

Although I think you mentioned previously that you were lukewarm on the silver bezel. So maybe the D550 is for you. Both are excellent choices in my book. :)
The Sammy is going into a room where it'll get used more by the kids, and me for footy and movies, whilst the current panasonic will remain in the main living room, so I can't justify the extra for the D8000.

Looking at the D8000, the D550 and a 55" Panasonic ST between the two at HN, the Panny and the D8000 certainly had better blacks. They were all fed the same feed by HDMI (one of those Samsung SMART TV marketing loops), but I couldn't get the blacks to improve on the D550. I'll need to have another look to be satisfied about the D550, but the extra $ for a D8000 or Panasonic ST30 are still a big barrier.

The blacks are not as good on the D550 because it lacks the fancy screen filter of the D8000 which helps a lot under ambient light. If you view in the dark they should look much the same as the filter does not help in that situation.

We dont get the D6900 in a 64" size as far as I know and the screen filter on the D8000 is worth the extra cash over the 6900 IMHO.

I did not think the 6900 had the AR coating of the 8000 either when I saw it, although I personally prefer full gloss screens.

I was offered $3150 this morning for the D8000. I am actually after the D550, the D8000 would be overkill for my needs, but the best price I was offered for the D550 was $2550

I just started a thread over at whirlpool regarding getting one of these. From the responses apparently $2100 is doable

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1767569

Edited by googlevich

We dont get the D6900 in a 64" size as far as I know and the screen filter on the D8000 is worth the extra cash over the 6900 IMHO.

I did not think the 6900 had the AR coating of the 8000 either when I saw it, although I personally prefer full gloss screens.

ahh, didnt realise the D6900 topped out at 59".

the samsung website says that the D6900 does have the AR coating (anti-reflective), which backs up what ive been reading from other users. if there is any substantial difference is price between 59D6900 and 59D8000 when i buy around xmas, ill be going the D6900...

Not all AR coating are created equal and the one on the 6900 did not appear to be as good as the D8000 when I have seen it, the screen filter is also not in the same league.

its a shame that you have to pay for useless features that you don't need or want in order to get a good screen that works well in a wide variety of lighting situations, but such is life.

Guest AUFC2010
It's still running. You have to ring within 30 days of your purchase to register. Registration closes September 23rd.

No rumours of any new promos at this stage. If there is another promo it's not likely to be anything huge (from any manufacturer).

Andys.

can I please clarify...

Im from SA and the event was at marion back on 23/5/11 and ending on 26/06/11?

so you just need to call within 30 days of your purchase? and not 30 days from the day of the event? or am I too late for this offer?

thanks in advance

can I please clarify...

Im from SA and the event was at marion back on 23/5/11 and ending on 26/06/11?

so you just need to call within 30 days of your purchase? and not 30 days from the day of the event? or am I too late for this offer?

thanks in advance

I just did the Megamind bonus process today and they didn't even ask about the 'event'. (I'm in Vic)

He just took down relevant personal details issued me with a number which I was to write on the purchase receipt and to then email them a copy of the receipt with the number on it. As I have only just sent - 4:30pm today, I haven't received any confirmation yet.

Good luck.

PS. my purchase date was 3rd Sep.

Edited by brewstermc

Guest AUFC2010
I just did the Megamind bonus process today and they didn't even ask about the 'event'. (I'm in Vic)

He just took down relevant personal details issued me with a number which I was to write on the purchase receipt and to then email them a copy of the receipt with the number on it. As I have only just sent - 4:30pm today, I haven't received any confirmation yet.

Good luck.

PS. my purchase date was 3rd Sep.

thanks for your reply mate... what unit did you buy?

Im purchasing the 59 inch D8000 plasma tomorrow.. soon as i get it I will be ordering the megamind pack.. cant wait..

out of curiosity ive got a price at $2500 delivered... is that a good price? im from adelaide

cheers

thanks for your reply mate... what unit did you buy?

Im purchasing the 59 inch D8000 plasma tomorrow.. soon as i get it I will be ordering the megamind pack.. cant wait..

out of curiosity ive got a price at $2500 delivered... is that a good price? im from adelaide

cheers

I got the 64D8000 very happy with the TV to date. I don't know about your price but it seems good to me.

I was disappointed that .mpg on my Topfield are not read by the TV remotely. :(

Try a new lead, or if you can move it to another antenna socket to try it there. How have you got it connected to the antenna socket - on it's own or daisy chained with a PVR/DVDR etc?

What does the TV say the signal strength on the other channels is like??

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
I hope this takes off. A good place to put in the best prices for TV's for everyone to see. Feel free to help others with your special deals.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key...U1MjJUd3c#gid=0

Feel free to make changes. DTV and Whirlpool forum members are always welcome.

Thank you,

DS

Hi DS,

that's a very good idea! but i keep getting this following error:

Google Docs

We're sorry.

That is not a valid spreadsheet URL.

Find out more at the Google Docs Help Center.

could you please post a updated link, cheers