Samsung 2011 3d Tv's. Whats Your Best Price?

Guest JamesT1503564425
Have you tried contacting the retailer to see whether you can downgrade to something smaller (I presume you still need a TV right?) then taking the price difference as a refund or store credit?

That's the problem, they will swap it for a PS59D8000 but a straight swap, no refund. And yes as the days go by it is getting smaller :D A bit of a shock going from 42" to 64

I'm 3m from the screen

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant remember anyone saying the TV they purchased was too big.

A 64" is definitely not big at 3 metres, I lived with a 70" at 2.8 metres for 4 years and have now gone to 100" at the same distance no problem at all.

Keep the 64" for a while and you should get used to it, everyone else seems to.

I cant remember anyone saying the TV they purchased was too big.

A 64" is definitely not big at 3 metres, I lived with a 70" at 2.8 metres for 4 years and have now gone to 100" at the same distance no problem at all.

Keep the 64" for a while and you should get used to it, everyone else seems to.

This is the truth, if you do get the 59" I can bet you within a month you will be thinking that you should have kept the 64"

That's the problem, they will swap it for a PS59D8000 but a straight swap, no refund.

No refund??? Who is the retailer that is trying to rip you off? They should be named & shamed if that is the case. Did they even offer you a store credit for the $800 odd price difference?

Just keep the 64" and let them know you'll never deal with them ever again. You will get use to the 64" in no time.

Andys.

Guest JamesT1503564425
No refund??? Who is the retailer that is trying to rip you off? They should be named & shamed if that is the case. Did they even offer you a store credit for the $800 odd price difference?

Just keep the 64" and let them know you'll never deal with them ever again. You will get use to the 64" in no time.

Andys.

I agree 100% what you are all saying, I just need to convince myself. I was watching the US Open golf on channel 10 last night and the picture was awesome :D

It's just a pity that the rest of the FTA channels are mostly SD. And I can't believe how bad the std settings are on this TV, Samsung should be shot. I dialled in Zoyds settings from HDJ forum and it was like I was looking at another TV, amazing.

Thanks guys for your input, hopefully in a few weeks I'll post that I'm happily sitting in front of my 64 :D

Also as a side note, no peeling, no buzz, just a really really big beautiful picture.

Edited by JamesT1503564425

I agree 100% what you are all saying, I just need to convince myself. I was watching the US Open golf on channel 10 last night and the picture was awesome :D

It's just a pity that the rest of the FTA channels are mostly SD. And I can't believe how bad the std settings are on this TV, Samsung should be shot. I dialled in Zoyds settings from HDJ forum and it was like I was looking at another TV, amazing.

Thanks guys for your input, hopefully in a few weeks I'll post that I'm happily sitting in front of my 64 :D

Also as a side note, no peeling, no buzz, just a really really big beautiful picture.

I bet you'll post before 3 weeks! After 2 weeks go and check out a 55 - 60" in store.... it will be small i'll bet

Where did you get it from? I'm guessing Harvey Norman or WOW?

Also, care to share those settings?

Guest JamesT1503564425
I bet you'll post before 3 weeks! After 2 weeks go and check out a 55 - 60" in store.... it will be small i'll bet

Where did you get it from? I'm guessing Harvey Norman or WOW?

Also, care to share those settings?

I really hope you're right, I love this TV :D

Here's the settings Brake

Movie mode

Cell light 15

contrast 80

brightness 54

sharpness 0

color 50

tint 50/50

black tone off

dynamic off

gamma -1

flesh tone 0

edge enhance off

motion lighting off

xvYcc off

color tone warm2

digital noise off

mpeg noise off

color space

Red_r 39

Red_g 6

Red_b 5

Green_r 20

Green_g 50

Green_b 6

Blue_r 1

Blue_g 3

Blue_b 41

Yellow_r 51

Yellow_g 51

Yellow_b 7

Cyan_r 18

Cyan_g 48

Cyan_b 48

Magenta_r 41

Magenta_g 6

Magenta_b 48

White Balance

r-off 22

g-off 26

b-off 25

r-gain 30

g-gain 25

b-gain 27

10-pt

r1 -1

g1 -1

b1 0

r2 2

g2 1

b2 2

r3 0

g3 0

b3 -2

r4 1

g4 0

b4 -1

r5 0

g5 1

b5 -3

r6 0

g6 0

b6 1

r7 1

g7 1

b7 2

r8 -1

g8 0

b8 1

r9 -1

g9 -1

b9 1

r10 1

g10 0

b10 3

Gday guys, back on the pricing topic quickly, whats the go with this ad?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/55-Inch-SAMSUNG...=item2564d59265

He is selling the UA55D8000YJ model. If you google that, its the Hong Kong version. Ours in Aus is the D8000YV (and YM).

They have a different digital TV standards in Hong Kong so that means you cant use the tuner here is that right?

Edited by mikrad

I really hope you're right, I love this TV :D

Here's the settings Brake

Thanks James.

I was at a friends place last night who sits about 3 - 3.5m from his TV and I'll tell ya what, I actually think that a 64" might even be too small TBH...

He's got a 42" sittin there and I could hardly see the damn thing!

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/4274423/...mart-tv-reality.

UA55D7000LM = $2998

UA55D8000YM = $3779

Anyone seen better?

I managed to get the UA55D8000YV (not sure of the difference between the YM and the YV is - anybody?) from JB HiFi for $3750, which included same day delivery. That was price matched from Harvey Norman - I imagine if you walk into on of those shops they should be able to beat / match that by now.

No. It has no headphone jack.

You might be able to use the audio outs, and an adaptor, with some headphones with volume control - or use a headphone preamp. There is one for sale on the forums, but there goes your cheap price if you plan to use it with an existing pair of headphones :/

They don't come with a headphone jack??

Hey man where-where-where's your cup holder?

I don't have one.

What the f- w'you mean you don't have one? Eighty thousand dollars for this car and you ain't got no damn cup holder?

It's $105,000 and this happens to be one of the fastest production cars on the planet. Zero to sixty in four seconds, sweetie. It's a limited edition.

You damn right it's limited. No cup holder, no back seat. Just a shiny dick with two chairs in it. I guess we the balls just draggin' the f*** along.

I've been shopping around for the 59" D8000, haven't pulled the trigger yet but anyway here are my prices so far:

JB HiFi Pitt St Mall = $3400 before haggling, boo!!!

Harvey Norman Auburn = $2900 after much haggling, won't go lower

Bing Lee Alexandria = $2900 before haggling

Good Guys Alexandria = $2850 after haggling

All inclusive of delivery.

Plasma PS51D8000

$1967

Del $55

Warranty extra 4 yrs $289

WA Nat. Seniors Buying Group

Please tell me it will take headphones.

The PS50D7000 predecessor of the 51D8000 was selling for $1150 so I would be reluctant to pay $800 more for a 1" bigger TV.

I've been shopping around for the 59" D8000, haven't pulled the trigger yet but anyway here are my prices so far:

JB HiFi Pitt St Mall = $3400 before haggling, boo!!!

Harvey Norman Auburn = $2900 after much haggling, won't go lower

Bing Lee Alexandria = $2900 before haggling

Good Guys Alexandria = $2850 after haggling

All inclusive of delivery.

The 58D7000 was selling for $1500, how is the the 59D8000 worth almost double?

Plenty of places mate look through this thread, $1650 was obtainable with very little effort in Sydney as I know someone not on this forum who paid that.

You can be sure that $1500 is not selling at a loss.

Edited by Owen

The 58D7000 was selling for $1500, how is the the 59D8000 worth almost double?

That sort of price has been achieved at the very end of the cycle though. You'll see the same sort of price on the D8000 around March/April next year, should you wish to wait that long. The 59D8000 can had now for around $2600 quite easily, if not $2500. It's the same old story, the longer you wait the cheaper they'll become.

Andys.

Got the 59" Samsung 6900 Plasma today. Was going to get the $64" 550 for $2200 but to be honest the screen reflection gave me the sh!ts plus it diddn't really look that much bigger in the shops. For some reason the old Panasonic 65" looks massive, but the 59" next to the 64" didn't look massively different. Its bigger obviously, but not hugely noticeable.

Model no: PS59D6900

Price: $1999 !!! :D :D

Place: Good Guys - Highpoint, Vic

Got a Bargain I reckon !! Also got the Crest Slim Wall mount for $50 (RRP $119) and plus delivery for $49. Can't wait until Monday !! :)

Edited by dazbug