No Rca Audio On New Samsungs

I have a Samsung 55" D8000 LED on order, but I notice from its specs that it has no RCA audio out capacity. My slightly older but still brilliant ARCAM amp does not have optical audio input, as Samsung seems to require.

Do people have any suggestions?

I believe there are optical audio to RCA adapters, but are they any good?

Would I be better off plugging my OPPO, IQ2 etc directly into the amp with good old fashioned (but high quality) RCA cables.

Thanks for any ideas or advice (not including cancelling the TV order).

Edited by Biber

I have a Samsung 55" D8000 LED on order, but I notice from its specs that it has no RCA audio out capacity. My slightly older but still brilliant ARCAM amp does not have optical audio input, as Samsung seems to require.

LG the same for some models.

Do people have any suggestions?

I use these: click

Seems a bit strange to not have A/V out

Probably a cost cutting exercise

but if thats the case you could use the headphone socket to rca.

Might not be good, as the level & impedance may not be correct for RCA in on the amplifier, and the level is also under the control of the TV (could lead to hum & noise issues).

Assuming, also, the set has a headphone socket in the first instance.

I believe there are optical audio to RCA adapters, but are they any good?

Would I be better off plugging my OPPO, IQ2 etc directly into the amp with good old fashioned (but high quality) RCA cables.

Thanks for any ideas or advice (not including cancelling the TV order).

I wouldnt worry about the quality as its only low bitrate mpeg audio ;) If you listen to 2ch audio analog is all you will need .Optical /sp dif is a necessity for any 5.1 audio but thats very thin on the ground these days ..

What oppo player do you have ? if its a 83 2ch rca's will be fine for cd's ; any multichannel disc you need a digital connection at the least -_-

Guest Corndog

I have the 7 series LED Samsung. The TV's are so thin and to keep the profile that way samsung have used break out mini jacks. What you get is connectors for the mini jack in various audio & video combinations including RCA.

Samsung 7 series here to. As corndog mentioned because of the thin panel I think they would be strugling to get all the rca's on the back. Here I use an optical to coaxial coverter as my telly is several meters from my amp, it all works fine just make sure you use good 75ohm coax and good conectors. The convertors are not expensive at all. I do use my telly to do the switching but not for audio as with any external source to the tv the optical out will be output in stereo only. One thing that did peeve me with the Samsung was all the HDMIs are mounted on the side and close to the side off the panel, didn't make things easy for wall mounting but got around it eventually. Otherwise it's a great telly and quite happy with it.

Happy viewing.

I have a 7 series CCFL 52", its not super slim yet has the same input-output configuration as the super slim LED models.

Sorry, but LCD performance does not cut it as far as I am concerned , I would not consider buying another.