Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you pre-ordered from Amazon UK about 1 month ago, it was just over £10, but they put the price up a few pounds since then.

Amazon UK has a habit of dropping the price not long after release, so if you can wait a bit you can get it cheaper.

Those who want something immediately it is released are always gouged on price.

If you pre-ordered from Amazon UK about 1 month ago, it was just over £10, but they put the price up a few pounds since then.

Amazon UK has a habit of dropping the price not long after release, so if you can wait a bit you can get it cheaper.

May actually have paid that, did order a fair while ago, haven't checked the invoice just checked the site.

Came in at 11.97 and is now 14.00. Agree, likely to go down a pound or so in the next few weeks.

Just picked up a copy from JB for $25.

Says on the cover 4 discs but when I opened it only had 3, looks like the dvd version and the digital version are on one disc?

Hmm... a bit of misleading advertising.

Says on the cover 4 discs but when I opened it only had 3, looks like the dvd version and the digital version are on one disc?

Yousure? I just bought mine from JBs for $25 and there are 4 disc inside:

- 2 x bluray (movie and special features)

- 1 x DVD

- 1 x digital copy

better take yours back...

There's 4 in mine. (JB Lentacular Edition). The first disc was actually hidden under some leaflets on the inside cover. Have a look there.

Andys.

Watched this one on the weekend and although the sound quality was very good - the image quality was terrible. I have seen DVD's with better PQ. Apart from the PQ the movie was almost entirely shot using a wide angle camera which made most of the closeup scenes wierd because people looked stretched (sideways) - and many of the scenes had the actors heads croped or very close to the top.

Edited by BoneMan

Watched this one on the weekend and although the sound quality was very good - the image quality was terrible. I have seen DVD's with better PQ. Apart from the PQ the movie was almost entirely shot using a wide angle camera which made most of the closeup scenes wierd because people looked stretched (sideways) - and many of the scenes had the actors heads croped or very close to the top.

Watched this saturday night I agree about the picture quality not being the best, was this done deliberately by the director to give it a certain look?.

Might give it another viewing tonight :)

Came in at 11.97 and is now 14.00. Agree, likely to go down a pound or so in the next few weeks.

Amazon.co.uk have dropped their price, now £10.60 after taking off vat (£12.47 ticket price)

Got mine from JB, definitely 4 discs, it's the Lenticular case version. Movie on one BD, Special Features on another BD, DVD and the Digital Copy disc.

Amazon.co.uk have dropped their price, now £10.60 after taking off vat (£12.47 ticket price)

Yes, it's back to their original pre-order price.

Amazon are sticking to their practice of dropping the price only a few days after release. There really is no point in pre-ordering late unless you absolutely have to have it close to the release date.

The UK version only has 3 discs: 2xBD, 1xDVD but is called "Triple Play" with Digital Copy.

When you look further, there is a leaflet with a code telling you how to download the digital copy.

What I think Warner have done is release a combo version with a downloadable digital copy and a "deluxe" version with the digital copy on an actual disc (and maybe a lenticular cover).

I haven't yet checked whether my UK version has the beginning scene from Part 2. I hope it does, unless Warners made 2 different extras discs: one for the combo and a different one for the "deluxe".

In the USA I think they have a single disc version, combo version (1xBD, 1xDVD, 1xDigital Copy) and a Best Buy Exclusive version (2xBD, 1xDVD, 1xDigital Copy).

Edited by IanD

This is how I sum up this film:

Dark, Dark, and Dark.

Did I mention it's as dark as this spoiler? :ninja:

It's almost like they took the photography approach from Half-Blood Prince and pushed it even further so that there's no detail in character's clothing etc, it's just all black. When there's a bit of light it's like a sigh of relief because then you can actually see some detail!

The UK version only has 3 discs: 2xBD, 1xDVD but is called "Triple Play" with Digital Copy.

When you look further, there is a leaflet with a code telling you how to download the digital copy.

What I think Warner have done is release a combo version with a downloadable digital copy and a "deluxe" version with the digital copy on an actual disc (and maybe a lenticular cover).

I haven't yet checked whether my UK version has the beginning scene from Part 2. I hope it does, unless Warners made 2 different extras discs: one for the combo and a different one for the "deluxe".

In the USA I think they have a single disc version, combo version (1xBD, 1xDVD, 1xDigital Copy) and a Best Buy Exclusive version (2xBD, 1xDVD, 1xDigital Copy).

The UK version does NOT include the scene from Part 2

The AUS release is 4 separate discs (2 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD, 1 Digital Copy) and does include the scene from Part 2

This is how I sum up this film:

Dark, Dark, and Dark.

Can post a histogram?

This histogram is from the HP6... Hopefully the new movie is better...

Bloody difficult to watch HP6 on my LCD, had to turn on dynamic contrast, gave me tons of artefacts and issues, but a lesser evil :wacko:...

The UK version does NOT include the scene from Part 2

The AUS release is 4 separate discs (2 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD, 1 Digital Copy) and does include the scene from Part 2

That's annoying.

I guess Warner produced 2 different extras discs: one for the standard 3 disc combo and one for the 4 disc version.

Big W were undercutting Kmart, selling the Blu ray/DVD/Digital pack for $21.66. Most shops seem to have sold out of the DVD's and not many of the blu ray sets left either....

BigW still had plenty of Bluray combos (not lenticular cover) on Thursday, but the ticket was $28.xx: price gouging on the last day before Easter when people are desperate?