Movies That Suck ! ...big Time :d

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Full frontal nudity by the male actor, too many times. Not funny

85% on rotten tomatoes - I thought we were supposed to be evolving to a higher level of intelligence & therefore more demanding of our movies' comedic output...

Any movie where Will Ferrell plays basically the same character - Blades of Glory, Old School, Talledega Nights, Step Brothers, etc.

I actually think Will is a great comedian, but his movie roles and choices suck!

I like to call it the "Eddie Murphy effect", Adam Sandler is also afflicted.

Edited by Whatgift

One I watched recently: The Hills Have Eyes (remake) - horrible

Tomorrow When the War Began gets a big vote from me too.

what about the concept of not liking a movie now but knowing you might like it in 10 years time ?

sounds weird ?

I wasnt too keen on Legend when I first saw it , but I think after a 10 year or so span it may be OK ?

maybe ?

:unsure:

I hear ya! V for Vendetta was horrible the first time I watched it, I gave it another run and really enjoyed it.

theres also the opposite effect...really loved it then , but boring as batshit now

RED SONJA

Legend ( Ridley Scott) :D

Star Wars ( dare I say it) :wacko::D

sorry triplicateconsecutive posts...thinking typing spewing ideas...regretting :wacko:

Hmmmm... I know there are a few. One for me is Cujo and maybe Flight of the Navigator. But this concept is the reason why I'm frightened to re-watch The Toxic Avenger!

This movie sucks the most, (un)officially:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1702443/

Funny thing is, that's not from 1 or 2 votes, it's from over 31,000 votes! So much Bieber hate out there, I guess all his fans are to busy reading Dolly magazines and doing each others makeup to vote.

That said, it still was a relative success at the box office:

Production Budget: $13 million

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $72,209,363 - 88.6%

Foreign: $9,318,503 - 11.4%

=

Worldwide: $81,527,866

88.6% of Bieber fans live in the USA, 11.4% world wide... who wants to take the rest of the words population and do an average to find out approximately how many Bieber fans we have in AUS?

Edited by brake

Did you know they're making a sequel?

The day AFTER tomorrow...when the OTHER war began?

As for worst movies, all of the Star Wars prequels and the original remakes linger the most in recent memory. Though if you can get the fan remake by Adywan then you're in for a treat, it's become the definitive Star Wars edit for me.

The day AFTER tomorrow.

On BD that movie is a visual feast, but yeah the story lets it down a little. Certainly not one of the worst films I've seen though.

As for worst movies, all of the Star Wars prequels and the original remakes...

Aw c'mon, they weren't that bad as to refer to them in this kind of thread IMO (although Ja Ja himself does), but hey each to their own. :)

JSmith :ninja:

edit: spelling

Edited by jsmith

Isn't it amazing how people list movies that suck and I look through and think I actually liked them. Some Kubrik films are great, Blade Runner was brilliant in the top 5 Sci-Fi's of all time IMO, and Catwoman while a crap story Halle in a catsuit was a redeeming feature.

Movies I have that I have never been able to watch, or have watched and not enjoyed:

10,000 BC

The Amatyville Horror (remake)

Beowulf

The Brave One

Death Proof

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo

Dune

Hancock

Journey to the Centre of the Earth

Lady in the Water

Miami Vice

Paranormal Activity

The Social Network

Terminator Salvation

Transformers

Transformers 2

Twilight

Moulin Rouge

Twilight 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.......

Got your crystal ball there, Miata? Twilight 4 isn't even out yet. :D

I agree with Moulin Rouge though.

For me, some recent standouts:

Goal 3

Monsters

The Tourist

Wendy and Lucy

My reaction was "wtf was that!" after sitting through each one and wishing I could take back the 90 or so minutes I had just lost.

Oh, and also:

The Wicker Man

Edited by Sabor

Yes, they were that bad, and here's why, blow by blow. :)

(contains a bit of swearing, but more than worth it)

Funny, but hell he dragged that on for 10 minutes? :blink: You'd think if you were writing something off you'd be short and sweet...

Anyway, as I said before each to their own... although here is a few people that don't agree with you.

205,583 IMDb users have given a weighted average vote of 6.4 / 10

Demographic breakdowns are shown below.

Votes Percentage Rating

23,001 11.2% 10

15,578 7.6% 9

30,742 15.0% 8

45,273 22.0% 7

35,180 17.1% 6

20,387 9.9% 5

12,034 5.9% 4

8,193 4.0% 3

5,441 2.6% 2

9,754 4.7% 1

Arithmetic mean = 6.5. Median = 7

JSmith :ninja:

The Quick and the Dead - The only film I have ever not watched in it's entirety

The only movie I've ever given up on half way through was Vicky Christina Barcelona. About one hour in, wife and I agreed that it was typical Woody Allen self-indulgent crap and switched it off.

FS: One copy of Woody Allens oscar nominated movie on DVD. Give away to good home. :lol: