So What Mounts Are You Guys Using With The Jvcs?

I have been following the thread on AVS re the mounts for the new JVC projectors. I don't think it could get much more confusing.

Is there an option in Australia for us ? Or do we have to import one ourselves, or make it ?

Thanks crumpet. I'm not sure how I could mount an anamorphic lens with it though.

You would normally mount the lens in front of the PJ without the need for an extra mount.

If you're using an extension mount, you may need to drop the lens down in line with the PJ.

To do this, some will use 2 projector mounts.

If you're flush mounting then the lens will normally have enough adjustment in the height to bring it in line with projectors lens.

To check, measure the distance from the top of the ceiling mount to the middle of the projectors lens and then check the anamorphic lens can do the same with whatever height adjustment it has.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks crumpet. I'm not sure how I could mount an anamorphic lens with it though.

[Commercial Post]

I am in the process of re-designing an alloy version of the Projector Station. The new station will feature the needed holes for the X Series as well as the older HD series of JVC projectors. It is GetGray Cineslide compatible and will still feature the three position threaded adjustment system from the earlier versions. I have found a laser cutter that can do alloy, I am just waiting on quotes to come back.

[Commercial Post]

I am in the process of re-designing an alloy version of the Projector Station. The new station will feature the needed holes for the X Series as well as the older HD series of JVC projectors. It is GetGray Cineslide compatible and will still feature the three position threaded adjustment system from the earlier versions. I have found a laser cutter that can do alloy, I am just waiting on quotes to come back.

Mark, realise you are waiting on quotes but any 'rough' idea how much these new alloy versions will cost?

Also with the old Projector Station would it be possible to drill holes in the appropriate places to fit the new X Series? If possible would you be willing to post or email a paper template out showing correct positions?

Thanks.

Mark, realise you are waiting on quotes but any 'rough' idea how much these new alloy versions will cost?

Also with the old Projector Station would it be possible to drill holes in the appropriate places to fit the new X Series? If possible would you be willing to post or email a paper template out showing correct positions?

Thanks.

[Commercial Post]

The quote has just come in and it looks like I can supply these new Projector Stations in anodized 6mm alloy for the same price as the earlier plastic versions.

Yes you can drill the older stations, however you will need a blunt drill bit to prevent the Perspex from cracking. You can use a masonry bit if you have one or if you are using sharp bits, drill a small pilot hole first, then drill from both sides with the larger bit. Take you time so the drill bit does not bite in.

Send me an email to cavx01@hotmail.com and I will send you a template for the new X series holes.

Mark

[Commercial Post]

The quote has just come in and it looks like I can supply these new Projector Stations in anodized 6mm alloy for the same price as the earlier plastic versions.

Yes you can drill the older stations, however you will need a blunt drill bit to prevent the Perspex from cracking. You can use a masonry bit if you have one or if you are using sharp bits, drill a small pilot hole first, then drill from both sides with the larger bit. Take you time so the drill bit does not bite in.

Send me an email to cavx01@hotmail.com and I will send you a template for the new X series holes.

Mark

I ended up using my perspex projector stations in an "upside down" configuration - with the projectors upright and offset with aluminium spacers off the smaller plate - using longer threaded bolts to attach to the longer section underneath - with the CineSlide attached to a small length of MDF and attached at the front of the longer section. With the weight of the projector and CineSlide pressing down I have no issues with the perspex bowing as it did in the original orientation. The weight of the CineSlide + MK4 would have bowed the front corners otherwise and prevented proper alignment (without additional reinforcement)

I also needed to drill holes in the smaller length of perspex - I used a normal drill (on slower speed) - but reinforced the back of the hole to be drilled with a length of MDF clamping the sections together. I was able to use the holes in the longer section to align the holes in the smaller price so just drilled through the existing hole, through the small section into the MDF. With the back reinforced I had no problems with perpex spintering on any of the 7 holes.

Both projectors now each sit on their own shelf at the back of the room - the projectors stations have proven to be an easy solution to mounting them. The only complication was needing the additional section of MDF to attach the CineSlide to, and then using the existing slots screw the MDF to the larger base plate. (The CineSlide is longer than the width of the perspex projector station so needed the extra section of MDF in order to attach it easily.) I understand the new alloy projector station will allow the CineSlide to attach directly and have sufficient rigidity that inverted mounting won't cause any bowing.

A little advice sought....

I currently have an Infocus SP7210 (720p) that I picked up cheaply (at the time) a couple of years ago, replacing an SP7200 that saw good service from 2003 until it finally died. I'd hope to upgrade within the next year or 2 to something like a JVC DLA-X7 (or then equivalent), but for the moment, I have a spare lamp for the SP7210 that I'm about to fit.

In the past, when I've replaced the lamp, it's been a pain using my existing projector mount to get it aligned correctly. I'd prefer a mount with better adjustment facilities (tilt, roll & swivel), and was thinking of importing one of the Peerless mounts shown here: http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Products.../categoryID/193 which I understand from another thread are compatible with the JVC range and should be suitable for my SP7210 (I would check this with the manufacturer before purchase).

I have a few questions:

1) The top of the reflective part of my screen is about 28" from the ceiling. Would the PRG-EXB (with adjustable drop of 12.6" – 20.6") be suitable? I realise that this would probably still result in the projector being a little above the top of the screen, but is there any downside if the new projector has a lens-shift function (the SP7210 doesn't)? I'd rather the projector wasn't too low down to avoid excessive noise intrusion.

2) The mount has a weight limit of 22kg which is significantly greater than the DLA-X7 (14kg), but is this limit likely to restrict the range of projectors I could consider when it comes time to upgrade?

3) Is this type of mount sufficiently universal to avoid restricting my eventual choice of projector?

4) Finally, if anyone has any advice regarding importing one I'd be grateful. Amazon appear to be offering one for US$135 +pp, but it has a code of PRG-EXB-W, and claims to be black (which is what I'd want). The Peerless website lists the EXB-W model as white. Do they supply directly to Australia or would I need to involve a 3rd party?

Thanks in advance and apologies if thise are naive questions, etc.

Dave.

Finally, if anyone has any advice regarding importing one I'd be grateful. Amazon appear to be offering one for US$135 +pp, but it has a code of PRG-EXB-W, and claims to be black (which is what I'd want). The Peerless website lists the EXB-W model as white. Do they supply directly to Australia or would I need to involve a 3rd party?

They send it direct :D I got this a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers,

Simon

Thanks Simon

How long did it take to arrive? Are you pleased with it. How "Universal" is it? How much was the postage? Did you manage to find an email address for the Amazon contact? They only appear to have a phone number.

Thanks

Dave.

My JVC holder: Link

I like the idea of the thread adjusters under the unit. If I was to do something like this, I would go with 3 legs, not 4. What is the vertical; growth out the top connect to?

Edited by MarkTecher

Thanks Simon

How long did it take to arrive? Are you pleased with it. How "Universal" is it? How much was the postage? Did you manage to find an email address for the Amazon contact? They only appear to have a phone number.

Thanks

Dave.

Hi Dave

I'm very pleased with it. It has 4 adjustable arms so I would imagine you could hook it up to anything. I haven't bought the X3 yet but hopefully in a couple weeks.

the postage was $17, all up it was $135AUD delivered. It had shipped two days after ordering and was on my doorstep 7 days after shipping.

What do you want the email address for?

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Dave

I'm very pleased with it. It has 4 adjustable arms so I would imagine you could hook it up to anything. I haven't bought the X3 yet but hopefully in a couple weeks.

the postage was $17, all up it was $135AUD delivered. It had shipped two days after ordering and was on my doorstep 7 days after shipping.

What do you want the email address for?

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon

Thanks for the info.

As regards an email address for the Amazon seller, I'd just like to check out the White/Black confusion WRT to part code, and prefer to do so via email if possible.

BTW, I contacted Peerless regarding compatibility with projectors, and they replied.

-----------------------------------------------------

My email:

I am considering purchasing a PRG-EXB projector mount.

Would it be suitable for an Infocus SP7210 projector, and (later) for a JVC DLA-X7?

Their reply:

Thank you for contacting Peerless Industries Inc. It will accommdate the Infocus SP7210 however not the JVC DLA-X7. For the JVC DLA-X7 you will need the PAP-JVC-DLA adapter plate.

I can't find the PAP-JVC-DLA part on their website, though there are similar parts (apparently universal). I thought the one that came with it was universal. I'm not sure if this affects the X3.

Dave.

I like the idea of the thread adjusters under the unit. If I was to do something like this, I would go with 3 legs, not 4. What is the vertical; growth out the top connect to?

"What is the vertical; growth out the top connect to"

Originally it was to be only suspended from the ceiling, but when the service platform(on which the projector sits) was pulled forward, there was a bit of rocking, the legs were added to help stablise the cradle. The HDMI cable passes through the top tube to the ceiling.

4 legs are good, as the plan is when JVC decide to implement lens memory, is to move the current unit lower(in between the legs) as a standby and have the new unit in the cradle.

Here's my latest correspondence with Peerless regarding their mounts and compatibility with the DLA-X7.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Email:

I can't find the PAP-JVC-DLA part on your website, how much is it?

I thought that the PRG-EXB came with a universal adapter? Can you confirm that the one supplied as standard is definitely NOT compatible with the JVC DLA-X7?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their Reply:

The universal plate will not fit the DLA-X7. We offer the PRG-JVC-DLA on the website which is the projector mount and adapter plate. You will need an additional ceiling plate and extension. $258.00 however website orders only ship within the USA. If you wish to order direct please contact our International Customer care representative Al Diallo. 1-800-729-0307 ext 265 or email adiallo@peerlessmounts.com

See link below for the mount.

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Products...13/u/f/av/13651

He'd given me the wrong part number (typo?) to start with. I think I'll leave it for now and wait till I actually upgrade my projector. I can then have another look round.

Dave.