Sign in to follow this  
diesel

Panasonic 2011 Tv Line Up

Steve, PM sent re build date Last night I spent a bit of time using a very good workflow from the Calman forums. Got the rbg balance almsot a straight line and and DeltaEs very low (<1), but gamma went a bit whacko at 70-90% which I reckon I could see in a bit of uneveness in the grayscale. More fun tonight. Like I said earlier lots of enjoyable time wasting and getting the other half off-side :D :D Malcolm

I don't have the panasonic but with Samsung I had similar issues. To get close to ideal gamma (2.22) I actually played around with brightness, contrast and different gamma default settings. I was never able to achieve a flat line gamma of 2.2.2 on my display. Gamma fluctuate in 50% to 90% range. At 50% the gamma is at 2.3, 60% 2.15, 70% 2.31, 80% at 2.2 and 90% at 2.13 but average gamma is at 2.2. My greyscale is quite good but I have strong doubt I can get that ruler flat gamma without gamma boosting device such as a scaler like lumagen video scaler.

Typically late April to early May for the cheaper volume selling products, with the larger screens coming around August.

I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews on the 2012 models.

I've read too many reports of problems with the 2011 models, that I was put off from buying one to replace my VT20.

I'm really hoping the 2012 models won't have any issues.

I've read too many reports of problems with the 2011 models, that I was put off from buying one to replace my VT20.

Despite the reports, fault free VT30's do exist, I have one. No green/pink blobs, no buzz and no fBr. I do consider myself lucky! :rolleyes:

Unlikely :hmm: But one can only hope!

I would be happy if they kept the unit the same, but simply made it rock solid in performance and reliability. Making the units super thin has to be a compromise! Why!?

If you already have a VT20, just wait 1-2 years.

I upgraded to 55-inch VT30 from a 30-inch CRT. ;)

I'm glad you decided to 'hope' rather than hold your breath... ;)

Typically late April to early May for the cheaper volume selling products, with the larger screens coming around August.

Shopping around yesterday, Bing Lee etc. there stock computers were already showing a heap of Panasonic models eol

I'm glad you decided to 'hope' rather than hold your breath... ;)

Yeah I know, and I don't really hold much hope at that.

It's a sad state of affairs isn't it really.

All I know is that I'm over my VT20, the VT30 had too many problems, so I'm eagerly awaiting the VT50.

I have also lost ALOT of faith in reviews and reviewers. I'll take all reviews with with a grain of salt.

Shopping around yesterday, Bing Lee etc. there stock computers were already showing a heap of Panasonic models eol

Makes sense, with new models announced at CES, they are making way for new models when they arrive.