Sign in to follow this  
diesel

Panasonic 2011 Tv Line Up

There was an official panasonic price drop yesterday and the 55vt30 now has a rpp of $3199

so try again and see how you go mate

Was it just this TV with reduced RRP or all their TVs?

Their website still lists the old RRPs...

Any changes to the 65" ST or 65" VT RRP?

Yep, interested to see these price drops too.

There was an official panasonic price drop yesterday and the 55vt30 now has a rpp of $3199

so try again and see how you go mate

The street price of the Pana's and the RRP have been miles apart for a couple of months.The official price from Panasonic is as useless as a $3 bill

The street price of the Pana's and the RRP have been miles apart for a couple of months.The official price from Panasonic is as useless as a $3 bill

But gives more ammo when negotiating and will hopefully transpose into even lower haggled prices

But gives more ammo when negotiating and will hopefully transpose into even lower haggled prices

I just recieved a 55'' and 65"" VT30 on friday, the 65'' has the biggest box I've ever seen!!

Pricing

65'' paid $4000

55" paid $2700

If this helps!

We spent just over $8500 in this shop, big shout out to the Good Guys in Dandenong, Van was my man there!

Good luck, my 65'' is still in it's box waiting for the carpet and cabinet to be finished!

The Brother in Law has the 55'' and he loves it, reckons the 2D to 3D conversion is outstanding!

Cheers

Mc,

Owen, one point I just can't get through my head is that though a video processor improves these things, wouldn't they just be nullified once they get to the panel? That is, wouldn't the panel retreat the incoming picture to it's limitations?

Sorry mate, i missed this until now.

The "panel" and its basic drive system has a native colour response and colour gamut (or range) that does not comply with either the SD or HD video standards.

Added to that, digital displays (unlike CRT displays) do not have an inherent or native gamma response so it needs to be added.

To provide the proper colour and gamma response for SD and HD the video processing section of the display must manipulate the video signal sent to the panel, how well this is done and how much adjustment is provided to get it right varies significantly. Top model displays provided more adjustably then lower models, however a high quality external video processor can be using in place of the TV's internal processor for even better performance, so a cheaper TV can provide a more accurate picture than a top model with the help of such a device.

Edited by Owen

Was it just this TV with reduced RRP or all their TVs?

Their website still lists the old RRPs...

Any changes to the 65" ST or 65" VT RRP?

no official drop on the 65 inchers as yet, im hoping soon because i really want a 65 st or vt. but if no drop is coming ill just go with a 60st30 (new rrp of $2799)

no official drop on the 65 inchers as yet, im hoping soon because i really want a 65 st or vt. but if no drop is coming ill just go with a 60st30 (new rrp of $2799)

Good news on the 60" price drop, but I won't settle for anything less than the 65" (or maybe a 64"D8000 Samsung if I get desperate!)

I can keep waiting a bit longer...new lounge is about 6-7 weeks away from delivery, plus I gotta source a new entertainment unit and repaint the room...

If you are prepared to wait a few more months the price will fall. Patience is a big money saver.

Price falls always occur in late January- February. I have found that March-April is very quiet in retail and most bargains are had in these months.

Edited by Crist

If you are prepared to wait a few more months the price will fall. Patience is a big money saver.

Price falls always occur in late January- February. I have found that March-April is very quiet in retail and most bargains are had in these months.

Yeah I know. I've watched over the last 5 years as this happened. Tried to see if I could get an exceptional deal on the 65" S20 early this year, but nothing outstanding enough for me to part with my cash. Now that I'm ready to pull the trigger, it's a lot harder to wait!! ;)

wasnt sure where to put this, but i thought a few might be interested in it. an email i received from a source of mine

As you know in 2010 we sold a number of Panasonic VIErA TVs with “VIErA Cast” IPTV functionality. Series that offered this functionality from last year’s range included “VT20, V20, D25, S25”

It’s with great pleasure I can announce that as of approximately 4pm AEST this afternoon a software update will be available for the above TVs to upgrade them from “VIErA Cast” to “VIErA Connect”

This upgrade will only be available via the Internet and will automatically become available when the customer connects their TV to the Internet after approximately 4pm AEST this afternoon (27/09/11)

With this upgrade the following will occur:

1. Increased functionality including the VIErA Connect marketplace as part of the VIErA Connect platform.

2. Increased content availability including:

Yahoo!7

ABC iVIEW

Facebook

Games

Please distribute this information to interested parties to further promote Panasonic’s commitment to IPTV.

Please note that while we are keen to add as much content as possible to FY10 models due to hardware limitations not all content can be added to these models.

FAQ

Q. How will this update occur?

A. When the consumer connects the TV to the Internet after 4pm AEST 27/09/11 the ugprade will be available as a download.

Q. Is this upgrade also for Blu-ray Disc / DVD Recorder, Player or HIFI?

A. No. These products will continue with the VIErA Cast platform and the content rollout schedule will be handed seperately for these products.

Q. Will all the VIErA Connect content be available on FY10 ‘20’ series TVs (VT20, V20, D25, S25)

A. No, not all VIErA Connect content will be available. Due to platform hardware limitations not all future applications will be able to be used on FY10 models. Panasonic will add content to FY10 models where possible.

What about fixes for things that actually matter? Kinda peeves me off....

Spent the day shopping for an ST30 65". Saw a couple around the place. Next to a 65" VT, somehow the VT looks bigger :o Must be the all glass front. The VT is certainly darker tint on the glass, but playing the same source they looked very similar PQ wise.

As for pricing, HN at two locations were just not interested in making a deal on the ST30. They both were trying to push the VT30. JB Hifi had 10% off their ticketed prices which made for some decent non-haggle pricing on the VT and Samsung D8000, but it was a standard 10% off the RRP only for the ST30. Good Guys had both VT and ST priced a bit lower than JB Hifi with plenty of stock (about 6-7 65" boxes sitting on the showroom floor). They were the only ones interested in talking a deal. I might be going back Friday with Mrs diesel for a "touch 'n' smell" and hopefully the purchase... :)

diesel, what price were you looking to get a 65s20 for ?

i got my 65S20 last year for $2500, less $250 which i sold the free recorder box for = $2250

very happy with it, and with a connected pvr/pc/ps3 it gets a lot of use

Edited by larry

wasnt sure where to put this, but i thought a few might be interested in it. an email i received from a source of mine

As you know in 2010 we sold a number of Panasonic VIErA TVs with “VIErA Cast” IPTV functionality. Series that offered this functionality from last year’s range included “VT20, V20, D25, S25”

It’s with great pleasure I can announce that as of approximately 4pm AEST this afternoon a software update will be available for the above TVs to upgrade them from “VIErA Cast” to “VIErA Connect”

No update when I checked yesterday and this morning.

No update when I checked yesterday and this morning.

I suspect this update is available via the TV LAN port only and not via the antenna.

I suspect this update is available via the TV LAN port only and not via the antenna.

It is.

My TV is connected via EOP.

No update available.

diesle, what price are you looking to get a 65s20 for ?

Not after an S20. I'm looking at the ST30 as first choice. However, no-one seems to be too keen to discount them by much ATM, so it makes the jump up to a VT less expensive as there are many folk getting the VT30 for $4k.

Given current prices I am getting offered, that's only a $500 difference - not the $1k I was expecting...

Not after an S20. I'm looking at the ST30 as first choice. However, no-one seems to be too keen to discount them by much ATM, so it makes the jump up to a VT less expensive as there are many folk getting the VT30 for $4k.

Given current prices I am getting offered, that's only a $500 difference - not the $1k I was expecting...

The VT comes with 1 set of 3D glasses as well as the wireless dongal for internet connection, the ST does not afaiw.

The difference in price between the ST and VT is supposed to be about $2000, at $500 difference the ST makes no sense.

The VT comes with 1 set of 3D glasses as well as the wireless dongal for internet connection, the ST does not afaiw.

Correct as well as THX setting, more user settings for PQ etc. For $500 difference I would be crazy not to choose the VT, but ....I'll need to convince the Mrs that it's a good deal.

The difference in price between the ST and VT is supposed to be about $2000, at $500 difference the ST makes no sense.
Not sure if that is a typo Owen, but RRP difference between the ST30 65" ($4299) and the VT30 65" ($5299) is $1000

The 65ST30 replaced the 65S20 that sold for $2500 at a time when the 65VT25 was going for $4300 or less.

With the 65VT30 selling for around $4000 how much do you think the ST30 should go for?

Edited by Owen

I think given where it is in it's life cycle $3k seems a fair price. Early next I'm sure it'll be down to $2500ish.

I thought it was a bit strange at JB today they had the 55GT30 and 50GT30 both ticketed at $1996.When you have the retailer ticketing the product at 1/3 less than the list price for the 55" you know the so called rrp is absolute BS.Seems a much better guide to look at is Amazon.com where the 55GT30 lists at $2,200 and sells for $1800.The 65VT30 lists at $4299 in the US and sells for $3400.So a quick reality check tells me if i buy a 55GT30 i'm getting ripped off for over $200 considering the exchange rate with the US but the ripoff really kicks in with the 65" size.

Placed my order for the 55VT30 today (Myer TTP, SA), with the TV due to arrive next week.

Total package cost, $2,767, comprising;

- 55VT30A ($2,299)

- Additional 3 year warranty ($249)

- Delivery ($50)

- Panasonic DMPBDT110 Blu-Ray player ($169)

Not sure if you could get the TV at that price if you were only buying the TV and not the rest.

I couldn't wait out much longer for further price drops, our larger old CRT died recently so have been using a 48cm CRT in the meantime.

Packaged in a BD player as my equipment is getting really old (9-year old DVD player, no HDMI, and we wanted BD anyway to take advantage of new HD panel)

- Panasonic DMPBDT110 Blu-Ray player ($169)

Nice price on the BDT110, though I assume there's swings and roundabouts in there for the figure to add up to your agreed total. Nice overall package too!