Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

On a plasma? Is it broken? What's wrong with it?

Something is bad - because the 50" PX is fine :(

Hope they haven't changed or fiddled with something they shouldn't have.

I don't know whether or not it is the plasma problem or the feeded signal or

problem with my eyes.

It 's stunning with bluray feed. On the FTA TV feed, sometimes I saw noise

when it shows panning shot of a grass field, or large bright red field, then it 's gone. Nobody

else look at the same scene notice it, but me. Is it something wrong with my

eye. What I mean noise is something like ant crawling. I 've seen the same

thing with the display 58V10a in Melbourne Myer store, I thought that it was

due to bad TV feed in the store

I should have mine tomorrow or Monday. I ordered it last month.

Its those ordering now can't get em, Panny ran out, didn't realise they would sell so well, they now have more coming.

I should have mine tomorrow or Monday. I ordered it last month.

What day did you order yours?

I spoke to panasonic yesterday and they said that the shipment coming in Jan probably won't cover the orders, so people who have purchased now might be waiting til Feb, March. It's a joke.

What day did you order yours?

I spoke to panasonic yesterday and they said that the shipment coming in Jan probably won't cover the orders, so people who have purchased now might be waiting til Feb, March. It's a joke.

I ordered mine early November. And I called HN and they said it shipped from Panasonic to their place on Tuesday which means I should have it either Fri or Monday.

Edit: Just got a call from HN. The TV has arrived and will be delivered tomorrow :)

Edited by chuna

I ordered mine early November. And I called HN and they said it shipped from Panasonic to their place on Tuesday which means I should have it either Fri or Monday.

Edit: Just got a call from HN. The TV has arrived and will be delivered tomorrow :)

What day in November was it? thanks

It was around the 7 th or so

Ordered mine at HN in Perth a couple of days after you. Still no ETA. HN guy was muttering something like Sydney orders being filled first and any left over to other states - it sucks rather if that is true but certainly a risk when buying from a national company eager to keep Sydney happy. Retravision and the Good Guys both gave me ETA of a week until they will have them in stock but not sure how firm that is and if those sets are already spoken for.

If they are available from GG or Retravision I'd be tempted to cancel HN order but would lose blu-ray system currently reserved (and linked to HN receipt #) - and would then have to make do with camera - though no great loss as free pana Blu-ray/surround not my first choice for a sound system anyway and in hindsight would have been better off getting DVD/HDD recorder.

... and would then have to make do with camera - though no great loss as free pana Blu-ray/surround not my first choice for a sound system anyway and in hindsight would have been better off getting DVD/HDD recorder.

I actually chose the camera as my redemption gift even though at that time there were still DVD recorders and surround sound systems available. For me the surround sound/bluray player was not very usefull as I already have a HK AVR 255 (currently as a pre/pro feeding an XPA5 and XPA2). The DVD recorder was also useless to me as I have a TIVO unit with the 1TB expander drive. For a moment I though about getting one and tring to flog it off on ebay but I suspected that there would be a few people tring to do that and it would most likley pull the price down.

Ordered mine at HN in Perth a couple of days after you. Still no ETA. HN guy was muttering something like Sydney orders being filled first and any left over to other states - it sucks rather if that is true but certainly a risk when buying from a national company eager to keep Sydney happy. Retravision and the Good Guys both gave me ETA of a week until they will have them in stock but not sure how firm that is and if those sets are already spoken for.

If they are available from GG or Retravision I'd be tempted to cancel HN order but would lose blu-ray system currently reserved (and linked to HN receipt #) - and would then have to make do with camera - though no great loss as free pana Blu-ray/surround not my first choice for a sound system anyway and in hindsight would have been better off getting DVD/HDD recorder.

I am in Adelaide and when I ordered the rep knew exactly the ETA and said that Panasonic will ship to their store on the 3rd or 4th of Dec and that Panasonic was getting their stock on the 2nd of Dec. Seems like he was spot on.

Got the 65" Delievred just now and told the drivers at HN to unwrap it and the whole inside glass is cracked big time. Damn Damn.... So anyways waiting for their call to see when next, apparently the next deliveries for these are in April. Just my luck after all that excitement :(

Got the 65" Delievred just now and told the drivers at HN to unwrap it and the whole inside glass is cracked big time. Damn Damn.... So anyways waiting for their call to see when next, apparently the next deliveries for these are in April. Just my luck after all that excitement :(

Sorry to hear that mate. good idea to have check the panel in front of the drivers. HN should give you a replacement panel til the new one arrives because technically it is their fault, not panasonics.

woowa sorry to hear that, one hell of a disappointment.

word on the street is, Jan for next batch of 65's but most (if not all) are sold, mine is one of them.

The 65" v10 for $5399....................Jesus........

I just tried to haggle a TH-65pz850a two days ago for $5900 and the sales just let me walked away. Won't go lower than $5900.

Did it say something very strange about the price of the V10 58" and 65"? :o

apparently these models are using the same technology used by Pinoneer in their Kuro plasmas. I also heard that the majority of technical people have left Pioneer after the stopped making plasmas and went to work for Pana. Maybe that explains the price.

Just got a call from HN. They managed to find a brand new TV and they will deliver it tomorrow. Wohoo. Lets hope this one is not cracked too.

Did you buy this from HN Woodville? If so make sure they are not sending the display model in store as these things are rare as hens teeth at the moment.

I know HN Woodville had one in the warehouse at the back a week ago.

Did you buy this from HN Woodville? If so make sure they are not sending the display model in store as these things are rare as hens teeth at the moment.

I know HN Woodville had one in the warehouse at the back a week ago.

Nah HN Marion and no its not a demo set its brand new in the box.

Just got a call from HN. They managed to find a brand new TV and they will deliver it tomorrow. Wohoo. Lets hope this one is not cracked too.

Great news. Felt bad for you after reading about your broken screen.

Good luck with this second one!

Great news. Felt bad for you after reading about your broken screen.

Good luck with this second one!

Luckily I had them unpack it then and there. Imagine if they had gone, then I would have been stuffed and it would have been treated like a regular warranty. Moral of the story, make sure you have the delivery company unpack stuff.

Edited by chuna