Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

If I had known this baby would be in the 5k range 14 months ago, I would have snapped one up, I just used tvcalculator.com and it's 80% more size over my 50" http://tvcalculator.com/index.html?1757426...95f58888c4a35e5

Damnnn that would be really, really nice. Wonder if it will be under 4k in a year?

i found the pixel density per square inch to be interesting on this site. Im assumume the higher the number the sharper the image would be.

Felix

Can anyone compare the picture quality of this 65" V series to the 65" PZ850a? As I have the 65" PZ850A and the picture quality of this animal still blows me away. As I have yet to see a 65" V series I can't make any judgement in regards to the new model.

Edited by Calciatore

In the same way, one could ask why you didn't move earlier to secure a set from the first shipment? Should you be castrated? There are alternatives from other brands

So when should i've ordered the set i ordered and paid in full three weeks ago.....as you apreciate any simiilar size TV is crap be it LED or LCD money issue on the side.

What frustrates me its that sales guy was told from Pnasonic directly that there is no date where the TV will arrive in OZ, Thats just BS.

Edited by resen

I was in Myer City (Melb) today. No 65V in sight, but interestingly they had a PZ850A marked down from $11,999 (I think) and ticketed at $6,000. Probably not going to shift the 850 otherwise.

I would think that they will have to go under that price to shift it. The only advantage that I can see with it is the fact that they have stock.

In the same way, one could ask why you didn't move earlier to secure a set from the first shipment? Should you be castrated? There are alternatives from other brands

You are referring to who?.

Can anyone compare the picture quality of this 65" V series to the 65" PZ850a? As I have the 65" PZ850A and the picture quality of this animal still blows me away. As I have yet to see a 65" V series I can't make any judgement in regards to the new model.

The only true comparison is to have the 65 v10 in your viewing room next to the 850.

Obviously this isn't going to be an option but from my observation of my ex 50 800a vs the 58v10 The v10 beats it hands down as far as shadow detail

and sharpness on SD FTA.

So is this relevant ? Well maybe...

Your statement makes little sense. I was lucky enough to get a 65v10a from the first shippment that myers got, but the salesperson told me that they were only getting 6 units for sale and that mine was either the 4th or 5th sold from that lot already. So my point is that only 6 people could have ordered from the initial Myers shipment and all that would have changed would have been the names of the people complaining now.

i found the pixel density per square inch to be interesting on this site. Im assumume the higher the number the sharper the image would be.

Felix

This explains why the 58v10 looked slightly sharper than the 65v10 when I saw them side by side at HN Woodville

Your statement makes little sense.

So my point is that only 6 people could have ordered from the initial Myers shipment and all that would have changed would have been the names of the people complaining now.

Is that Myers in Melbourne or Myers across Australia? Are you sure no other retailers got any supplies?

The point of my statement was it gets my goat that people blame suppliers or sales people or bad weather (anything really) but rather than take responsibilty for their or actions or lack thereof. You were smart enough to move on what is a great deal. As I said, maybe Panasonic underestimated how quickly we would recover from the GFC and when orders were placed for volumes of this model from Japan, it was with a view that demand would be low due to belt tightening etc

So when should i've ordered the set i ordered and paid in full three weeks ago.....as you apreciate any simiilar size TV is crap be it LED or LCD money issue on the side.

What frustrates me its that sales guy was told from Pnasonic directly that there is no date where the TV will arrive in OZ, Thats just BS.

what evidence do you have, to know he is lying ???

If 2 people wanna team up then you can grab one each for $5359 without haggling at Myer's Secret Sale on December 2nd (plus Myer One points):

http://upload.ozbargain.com/2009/11/30/291...sale_a4_x2x.pdf

I know it's not as good as some others claims thus far, but at least this is reasonably obtainable and no need to purchase EW :)

I was quoted at Myer $5150 + additional 3 year warranty for Panny 65", but as far as I know there is no stock, expected now end Jan.

Does anyone have the official word from panasonic on delivery dates?

Don't know Panny give out "Official" statements, sales person was told late Jan early Feb best bet. Another sales guy said he astold 10 days time, gee who does one believe?.

Don't know Panny give out "Official" statements, sales person was told late Jan early Feb best bet. Another sales guy said he astold 10 days time, gee who does one believe?.

Wouldn't it vary from retailer to retailer, state to state, based on how much stock they have allocated out of the next X shipments and how many they have pre-sold????

Wouldn't it vary from retailer to retailer, state to state, based on how much stock they have allocated out of the next X shipments and how many they have pre-sold????

It would, but also depending on when you purchased. Anyone here been waiting longer than 2 weeks for one?

Think this is correct.

I'm not in a hurry as I have a 50" to view now, might order and wait, so I know at least I'll get one.