Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

I got mine for $4726! :-) Only catch is I dont HAVE it yet :-( but for that price I'm happy to wait a few weeks....BUT maybe not till next year!

Went Myer today with Toto6120 receipt, they said they would do $5100 + $699 for 5 year warranty.

But if Faz is correct I can do better, but have been unsuccessful getting a receipt copy for his $4726 (no extra warranty).

Myer sales person said no BR players left in promo only camera and a few recorders, so I guess prices may be lower after the give aways run out soon.

No one seems to know when stock of the 65" will be available either, so Myer calling me back tomorrow (Mon.) to advise true situation.

Edited by EZYHD

"Now that Pio are gone, they need to compete against Samsung who are just huge ATM."

Huge, but not that they are any better than the Panasonic equivalents. I prefer the picture of the Panasonics.

Each to their own.

Edited by ledge

toto6120 - if you could also PM this to me would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

David

To all who want it, happy to EMAIL receipt. So please PM me with your email address. I have tried PM'ing receipts in the past and it has never worked. Not very tech aware regarding attaching files to PM's. So you can educate me or just let me email you!

Went Myer today with Toto6120 receipt, they said they would do $5100 + $699 for 5 year warranty.

But if Faz is correct I can do better, but have been unsuccessful getting a receipt copy for his $4726 (no extra warranty).

Myer sales person said no BR players left in promo only camera and a few recorders, so I guess prices may be lower after the give aways run out soon.

No one seems to know when stock of the 65" will be available either, so Myer calling me back tomorrow (Mon.) to advise true situation.

Total price for me was $6000 with 5 year warranty. But guy was happy to do $5600 on TV alone. I have a receipt from someone in Brisbane who got it for $5150 but HAD to take the EW for $600 or $700 I think. SO total cost for him was $5800. $5750 to above $6000 seems to be the price most people are getting.

I am not saying that the $4750 price is not true, but I have not heard of anyone else remotely approaching this price. More power to you if you can get it for that. My problem was that the sets are in limited supply and they had one there and then. So I took it.

"I have a receipt from someone in Brisbane who got it for $5150 but HAD to take the EW for $600 or $700 I think. SO total cost for him was $5800."

very expensive EW.... infact stores dont pay anything for the EW, so its cost him nothing and just a way to get the price up to a reasonable point above cost. : P

having said that, id love one of these, if i could get one close to 5.5k, id be happy... EW or no EW.

just a side note, it seems the previous pz850 65incher was around 10 kilos heavier than the V10. thats a lot of weight. went on a diet, like the PS3 !!

Edited by ledge

"I have a receipt from someone in Brisbane who got it for $5150 but HAD to take the EW for $600 or $700 I think. SO total cost for him was $5800."

very expensive EW.... infact stores dont pay anything for the EW, so its cost him nothing and just a way to get the price up to a reasonable point above cost. : P

having said that, id love one of these, if i could get one close to 5.5k, id be happy... EW or no EW.

just a side note, it seems the previous pz850 65incher was around 10 kilos heavier than the V10. thats a lot of weight. went on a diet, like the PS3 !!

I agree about the EW, which is why I am very specific about the breakdown when people quote a price they got ie "yeah I got the 50V10 for $2350, but I had to get the EW for $400". So it wasn't really $2350, it was $2750 all up. Often people won't say whether they had the option of taking out the EW or not. Also people often don't mention they got a speaker package at the same time etc. . It makes clarity of pricing for each item very confusing.

At the end of the day though, you can get all the receipts you want, but when you go in you can only get the deal they are willing to give you. And often that is dependent on 2 things you can't control - product supply and where you live.

Myer sales person said no BR players left in promo only camera and a few recorders, so I guess prices may be lower after the give aways run out soon. No one seems to know when stock of the 65" will be available either, so Myer calling me back tomorrow (Mon.) to advise true situation.

All HD Recorders now also gone. Guess next opportunity to get a good price/deal will be after Xmas.

If say the 65"Panny was 5 grand what would say a Myer 3 year total warranty cost?.

With my CC I get 1 extra year for free so that would make it 4 in all.

If say the 65"Panny was 5 grand what would say a Myer 3 year total warranty cost?.

With my CC I get 1 extra year for free so that would make it 4 in all.

Check my earlier post. From Myers my 5 year on-site warranty is listed on my paperwork as $599. Another poster reported being charged $699 for the same at the same store the following day. However, please note without any warranty at the same store I was quoted a $549 higher base price. So in reality I only paid $50 for the 5 year warranty.

Check my earlier post. From Myers my 5 year on-site warranty is listed on my paperwork as $599. Another poster reported being charged $699 for the same at the same store the following day. However, please note without any warranty at the same store I was quoted a $549 higher base price. So in reality I only paid $50 for the 5 year warranty.

From my understanding the EW at Myers is based on the price of the unit. Some sales people will calculate it based on the original price of the item others will use the negotiated price. When I first asked about the cost of the EW when I was getting my 65 it was quoted as 699 but when the price of the TV went down to 5096 the EW was then 599. He had a chart in his pocket that he referred to.

How much was 3 years?.

Anyone has an idea when we can get these? bing lee advised me 9 dec still trying to confirm this..

Myer advising me today on expected delivery, will post once I know.

Myer advising me today on expected delivery, will post once I know.

i9 just called the binglee store again and spoke to the sales, they called this morning panasonic directly and they could not tell them an exact date??????BS i think...

Panasonic underestimated the demand on this size VIERAS....

Panasonic underestimated the demand on this size VIERAS....

Myer guy just told me the same.

Also, earliest delivery mid to late January 2010 (with grain of salt)

that just sucks.......someone at panasonic should be castrated for this?!?!??!?!

The fact they have halved the RRP of this screen has obviously led it to fall within so many more budgets. You can't blame Panasonic for not forecasting the popularity of the screen properly given all the GFC issues which would have been considerations at the time they were locking in orders.

In the same way, one could ask why you didn't move earlier to secure a set from the first shipment? Should you be castrated? There are alternatives from other brands