Where Is Channel Eleven For Darwin

Do we know where it is? Is Austar getting it?

The other Austar digital forum on Eleven does not mention Darwin as yet. I thought we would have it for sure as DDT showed ads for it.

Thanks

Not yet. Darwin Digital Television has not yet set a exact date as to when it will come. It should come eventually but I don't know when.

One factor for the delay is the small Darwin market struggling to find ads for channels. 7Mate is struggling to attract ads, and the loop is still shown during ad time to a lesser extent.

I'd much rather the station delay the channel and launch the channel full of ads, than having a half baked channel showing loops during ads which people will be disappointed if they saw a half baked channel.

Any delay is disappointing but I'd much rather Darwin Digital Television plan for it properly before they launch the channel so it will come with local ads from day one as is the case with GO!, 7two and ONE HD. I can accept delays as long as the station get the channel right before they launch it.

I hope i have explained it clearly.

Such a shame, I thought everyone got 11. Hope you guys get it soon :)

off topic

Yeah I nearly saw it (the launch of 11) but missed out. I was in Cairns (I holidayed there with my dad (who lives in Ayr, 500 kms south of Cairns) for 1 week) the day it launched but I returned to Darwin that night. Alas the motel where I stayed doesn't have digital tv yet. Hence I was too busy assuring my friends in Darwin and other areas that I am safe from the Queensland floods as there was little rain in Cairns at the time when the floods hit toowoomba and eventually Brisbane.

Back on topic

I hope to see eleven too soon but I am patient and used to delays and would prefer the station (darwin digital television) gets it right by attracting ads from day one the time it launches.

I don't really see why ads have a part of it but if they do, they do. I actually miss the loop ads that DDT used to have of the Parap markets, they were funny. Even DDT has started showing a weird little filler of a wind turbine at the moment, don't know what that is about.

I just don't like missing out, and I feel for over 12 months we missed out on GO, missed out on 2 seasons of Survivor, (I believe). It just doesn't feel like it is 2011 where there is so much technology that we have to be in the dark ages and not have all the availability of all TV stations.

It isn't even 100% confirmed that Austar will take it on, as we never did get One Standard definition and that is the channel that Eleven has taken over.

Oh well, time will tell.

I don't really see why ads have a part of it but if they do, they do. I actually miss the loop ads that DDT used to have of the Parap markets, they were funny. Even DDT has started showing a weird little filler of a wind turbine at the moment, don't know what that is about.

I just don't like missing out, and I feel for over 12 months we missed out on GO, missed out on 2 seasons of Survivor, (I believe). It just doesn't feel like it is 2011 where there is so much technology that we have to be in the dark ages and not have all the availability of all TV stations.

It isn't even 100% confirmed that Austar will take it on, as we never did get One Standard definition and that is the channel that Eleven has taken over.

Oh well, time will tell.

well I saw local ads on ONE HD the day it launched, and i cannot see any difference for Eleven on the day it will launch. 7mate and gem was a exception when there was no local ads to start with.

I think Darwin digital television is smart not to make the same mistake as southern cross did with 7mate starting off with no local ads on launch day.

• 2 weeks later...

If Darwin gets eleven soon it will be well before regional WA - Perth is the only place that has that as well as all the other extra digital channels. There is currently less than a handful of places that have the three digital commercial main channels - Prime/GWN, WIN and Ten, and WIN in WA is still a mix of Nine and Ten content because Ten is only in those few areas as yet. And GEM still has the national feed last time I looked.

So short story, don't hold your breath.

• 3 months later...

Is it on LCN 11 or 55?

Which LCN number are the other channels on in Darwin?

Channel Eleven will be on LCN 11

ONE HD is on LCN 1

DDT 10 - LCN 10

SCTV DARWIN - LCN 7

7TWO - LCN 72

7MATE - LCN 70

NINE - LCN 9

GO! - LCN 99

GEM - LCN 90

ABC1 - LCN 2

ABC2- LCN 22

ABC3 - LCN 23

ABC24 - LCN 24

SBS - LCN 3

SBS2 - LCN 32

The LCN is similar to metro areas with a few exceptions - 7MATE is LCN 70 rather than 73 as is the case in the metros.

Edited by willwalk

Just had a look at the EPG for today, wow, lots of crap there :) Still though, better than nothing I guess, especially for those who don't have Austar.

Where is channel 11 for Austar? It hasn't appeared on my Mystar box yet. I have it on my other mediums though.

Is Austar behind the times or do I need to reset my box to get it?

• 3 weeks later...