Sign in to follow this  
JSmith

Oled

One of my friends look down at my LG Oled 55 inch purpose ($2.8k).

He thought 65 inch is a minimum now

53 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Buts that’s not Oled right?

So not as cool as LG.

Panasonic and Sony have OLED models this year utilising panels acquired from LG.

6 hours ago, Qwertyqaz said:

But not any cheaper than LG right?

Not always no... there are deals to be had here and there on various models/sizes etc.

I haven't seen a 65" Sony OLED get as low as a 65" LG or Pana OLED though.

JSmith :ninja:

So the prices will stay high until someone else figures out how to make the oled screens?

You are not adding a lot to the discussion qwertyqaz.

On 10/28/2017 at 11:21 AM, ~Spyne~ said:

You asked when OLEDs will come down to $2000. That Panasonic is currently $2396.....which is "pretty close" to $2000, no? :)

The only caveat being, it might be tad on the small side for most people these days, being only 55" (whereas most people seem to be looking at 65"+ nowadays).

Now $2195 at Bing Lee, or $2204 delivered at Appliance Central eBay (using P5OZZIE coupon)...

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/338309

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/338298

(65" is $3600.50 using P5OZZIE coupon at Appliance Central eBay.)

Edited by MELso
Added 65"

From limited views in store I like the picure  quality of the Panasonic 950 series, these 55’ 950s at close to $2000 are really tempting to dip the toe in the oled pool.

Really looking forward to a 75’ Sony or Panasonic at around 4 to 5k, hopefully in the next 12-24 months.

52 minutes ago, Ray H said:

From limited views in store I like the picure  quality of the Panasonic 950 series, these 55’ 950s at close to $2000 are really tempting to dip the toe in the oled pool.

Really looking forward to a 75’ Sony or Panasonic at around 4 to 5k, hopefully in the next 12-24 months.

me too.  I think it will be a bit longer than 24 months.

til then I will enjoy my superb 75" X9400C. still the best 75 inch TV Sony have ever made.

Each manufacturer support various HDR standards. LG & Sony (via future firmware) supports Dolby Vision. While Pana support HDR 10+. Right now there are a few shows from Netflex/Amazon have Dolby Vision format embedded. List here.

So taken into consideration which panel to choose  in relation which HDR  fomat will eventuate. HDR format war article here:)

Edited by Sirmorebeer

As much as I want to buy a new TV, I can't quite justify it at the moment.

Our 2011 Samsung plasma is doing just fine (though struggles in a sunlit room) and our very old Philips LCD in the bedroom gets practically zero use with little Miss still sleeping in our room.

I'm hoping prices are a little better again next year and it could be the right time to upgrade the main TV, moving the plasma to the bedroom.

Though the Sony 65" X9000 for $2600 is very tempting.

I don’t believe there is any point getting a non oled as prices for them will be almost giveaway if you decide to sell them.

While all you peeps are agonising over how much you would pay for an OLED those of us that have one are sitting here with a big grin on our face every time we look at it.Your life is going by and you are missing out on the pleasure i get every day.Make a decision people on how long you should miss out on one of life's great pleasures.

Edited by IviewHD

21 minutes ago, IviewHD said:

While all you peeps are agonising over how much you would pay for an OLED those of us that have one are sitting here with a big grin on our face every time we look at it.Your life is going by and you are missing out on the pleasure i get every day.Make a decision people on how long you should miss out on one of life's great pleasures.

But I mostly watch Foxtel and free to air. Does it make a difference for these two low res mediums too ?

27 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

But I mostly watch Foxtel and free to air. Does it make a difference for these two low res mediums too ?

Of course, especially if it's Foxtel HD. 

1 minute ago, Satanica said:

Of course, especially if it's Foxtel HD. 

Most of it is HD also C7 is the model to buy?

I don’t like the curved TV.

9 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Most of it is HD also C7 is the model to buy?

I don’t like the curved TV.

I think the C7 or any of the Panasonics. 

There are no current model curved OLED's. LG stopped making them with the introduction of the 7 series. 

37 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Anything under 720p is a waste of time.FTA seriously does anyone still watch that s#!t?Everything on youtube puts FTA to shame let alone being able to stream brand new shows in dolby vision from netflix for the price of two coffee's and donuts a month.FTA is dead dawg.

be aware that the Panasonic EZ series suffers with a stutter problem on FTA it also has the problem on 25 and 50hz material, read here

https://www.change.org/p/panasonic-address-motion-issues-on-panasonic-s-premium-oled-tvs

and here

https://www.avforums.com/threads/panasonic-ez952-4k-oled-stutter.2127740/

and here

https://www.avforums.com/threads/panasonic-ez952-4k-oled-tv-owners-and-discussion-thread.2108262/

you should wait until this issue is fixed before getting this TV

What is the cheapest price for the C7, and where is it from?

55 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

What is the cheapest price for the C7, and where is it from?

The 55" has been as low as $2240 via Bing Lee eBay sale recently (this month). The 65" was $3840.

Those prices are roughly $600-800 lower than similar sales on 2016 models last year.

Best advertised price right now (that I can see) is $4699 from Myer. All the other majors are similar - notably the Good Guys website has it marked as "Clearance"....I would think you could haggle it down to $4200-$4300 reasonably easily.

Still too pricey for many I would imagine.

Edited by ~Spyne~

22 hours ago, ~Spyne~ said:

The 55" has been as low as $2240 via Bing Lee eBay sale recently (this month). The 65" was $3840.

Those prices are roughly $600-800 lower than similar sales on 2016 models last year.

Best advertised price right now (that I can see) is $4699 from Myer. All the other majors are similar - notably the Good Guys website has it marked as "Clearance"....I would think you could haggle it down to $4200-$4300 reasonably easily.

Still too pricey for many I would imagine.

I just got a quote from JBHIFI, lowest they can do is $4250 delivered, where can I get it for $3840??? seems that there is a huge margin on these TVs as they can at times bring it so low.

44 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

I just got a quote from JBHIFI, lowest they can do is $4250 delivered, where can I get it for $3840??? seems that there is a huge margin on these TVs as they can at times bring it so low.

JB just had a 20% off sale on the weekend. Finished now. Probably have to wait until the Black Friday sales end of Nov for similar pricing to come around again.