Not unless you're my wife... :D

:lol:

... ah well, it was worth a go. ;)

Somebody have to talk up OLED to make me interested, somebody like Owen? ^_^

Maybe some industry professionals?

JSmith :ninja:

Edited by jsmith

... ah well, it was worth a go. ;)

No worries.. I would do the same if I want one... Never hurts to ask :P...

Yeah I know about the press reports and reviews.. Just wanna balance it out with some user perspectives..

http://hdguru.com/lg...-hdtv-reviewed/

"One more note, after the 5 minutes we did see image retention of the window pattern, though it did fade away after a few minutes...

We did not see any wipe or orbit toggle in any of the user menus to indicate it was an issue."

Interesting...

Edited by jsmith

Just to let everbody know for Brisbanites there is a LG OLED on display at VIDEOPRO Fortitude Valley. Quick review after watching for 5 mins blacks are super black ie panel off. Whites are bright. Colours are spot on and vibrant. Motion is smooth and sharp. The curved panel looks pretty radical initially, but I suppose you could get used to it.

Just to let everbody know for Brisbanites there is a LG OLED on display at VIDEOPRO Fortitude Valley. Quick review after watching for 5 mins blacks are super black ie panel off. Whites are bright. Colours are spot on and vibrant. Motion is smooth and sharp. The curved panel looks pretty radical initially, but I suppose you could get used to it.

I saw that one on display at Hardly Normal in Nunawading Vic today Price. $12K

FWIW I'm glad OLED appears to be living up to its promise. If there haven't been any major flaws exposed yet then I think its a fair bet that its the next link in the home theatre food chain. The only question in my mind is will it make the leap to becoming a desirable middle class possession or will it remain a notch above most people's price point?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I'm pleased OLED is looking like a true successor to plasma, there is no way I'll ever replace my 50MXE20 with an LED TV, frankly they all look terrible still!!

Ps, been a while since I've had the time to post here and it's nice to see many familiar names still around. :)

Edited by dJOS

I saw that one on display at Hardly Normal in Nunawading Vic today Price. $12K

That's a bit rough when their site says $10999... not that I'd buy anything from Hardly Normal anyway. ;)

Ps, been a while since I've had the time to post here and it's nice to see many familiar names still around. :)

Welcome back dJOS. :)

That's a bit rough when their site says $10999... not that I'd buy anything from Hardly Normal anyway. ;)

Welcome back dJOS. :)

Any particular reason you would not buy from Hardly Normal? A couple of months ago I bought an ST50 Panny Plasma from them because I could get it cheaper than any other so called price beating online and bricks and mortar stores. Not a Fanboi by any means, just they were cheaper.

I must say I normally get bad service from Hardly Normal, but recently purchased a 50" lg plasma pn6500 from them because they were only $4 dearer than the cheapest price I found. Credit where credits due to them :)

Aze

Any particular reason you would not buy from Hardly Normal? A couple of months ago I bought an ST50 Panny Plasma from them because I could get it cheaper than any other so called price beating online and bricks and mortar stores. Not a Fanboi by any means, just they were cheaper.

IMO opinion all they are good for is a price match elsewhere, however YMMV... they are "Hardly Normal" after all. They are the worst retailer IMO at after sales service and horrendous when attempting to return a faulty or unacceptable product.

The samsung effort ; slight wrinkle with the gamma and motion blur but all the oled goodies otherwise [ ignore the curve if possible ] :)http://www.hdtvtest....01310273395.htm

Edited by cwt

Saw the LG Curved OLED today at Good Guys Thomastown. Amazing piece of tech. The viewing angle on these things is amazing. No loss of brightness no matter where you stand and super vivid. Price at 12K for 55" is a killer though.

Super Vivid strikes fear to many viewers natural is what we are after.

Super Vivid strikes fear to many viewers natural is what we are after.

Indeed, we don't want our tv's to look like over-saturated Android phones!

Btw I bumped into the Samsung rep in Marion Jb HiFi today and he said they are having major supply issues ATM due to a 40% panel failure rate!

That explains why they are so expensive ATM.

Edited by dJOS

It also makes one wonder what the on-going reliability of Oled is if one buys into the product.

C.M

ATM due to a 40% panel failure rate!

That explains why they are so expensive ATM.

Hence why the Kuro was expensive their quality control on panels was very strict according to the calibrator of my display

cheers laurie

Hence why the Kuro was expensive their quality control on panels was very strict according to the calibrator of my display

cheers laurie

Well I'm still enjoying my 50mxe20 so I can afford to wait a bit longer for my 4k oled tv. :)

Finally saw the LG OLED panel at the shops... First impressions semm good, except for the highly saturated pic.

Think the curve is to improve the structural integrity of the panel?

Overall still somewhat excited.. :wub:..

Was there a movie or natural mode?

Aside from the Korean love of grossly over saturated colours and tv stores love of "torch mode" there's no good reason for oled picture to be over saturated.

the salesman here dont trust me with the remote:P lol. i find the screen a tad too reflective, brightness too high and colours too rich. All these are changable i hope.

They were playing media thru two Usb sticks.

Already i think this is better than LCD. Just have to wait for their prices to drop...

That is a seriously impressive sounding development for 3D - especially the ability to maintain the base resolution across all 90 views!

My only beef is that I find 3D distracting and still gimicky in the way it's used - I saw the latest Thor movie recently in 3D and found it quite distracting vs Avatar where it was IMO done properly.

That is a seriously impressive sounding development for 3D - especially the ability to maintain the base resolution across all 90 views!

My only beef is that I find 3D distracting and still gimicky in the way it's used - I saw the latest Thor movie recently in 3D and found it quite distracting vs Avatar where it was IMO done properly.

Think Thor was a 2d to 3d conversion