Sign in to follow this  
JSmith

Oled

Bought a Sony OLED recently, wanted to know what you use to dust and wet clean the screen.

would like to know this as well

with that said LG is the way to go input lag wise ?

On 23/02/2019 at 8:43 PM, Musician said:

Bought a Sony OLED recently, wanted to know what you use to dust and wet clean the screen.

Pioneer Plasma's always included a cloth not unlike what you would get with a pair of glasses and suggested only using that.

I have stuck with that with my OLEDs without issue.

For our pioneer plasma always used wool/feather duster fit surface dust. Then micro fibre cloth soaked in warm water well wrung out. Followed by clean dry micro fibre cloth. Streak free, removes all smudges, finger prints, dust grime they tends to collect :)

Posted (edited)
On 04/02/2019 at 2:19 PM, Jack Vaughn said:

Panasonic OLED

I'm considering the Panasonic TH-55FZ950U.  Does anyone have experience of a Panasonic OLED UHD television.  Jack

Sorry no review as such, my mistake......I strongly suspect a review will be forth coming from the same YouTuber, just not ATM

Edited by Tweaky

Interesting graphic where all 4 panels were pictured in front of a hdr10+ and dolby vision graphic at 5:34

Hopefully all will cover the variable metadata :)

On 04/02/2019 at 4:10 PM, Musician said:

Get the Sony A8F

Great TV.  I replaced my Pioneer 60" plasma (last gen) with an A8F 65".  I also have a Samsung quantum dot (bla bla bla) LCD TV and it's not in the same league.

I think for some HDR material, there's something to be said about a bright 1800 nits FALD Sony like my old ZD9. 

The new ZG9 looks even more phenomenal (4000 nits!!!) and HDTV test was almost drooling :D

Just got word from the Aus distributor - 25k for the 85" reviewed by HDTV test but this is for the Pro range. The consumer model may be cheaper?

22 hours ago, Wobba said:

Great TV.  I replaced my Pioneer 60" plasma (last gen) with an A8F 65".  I also have a Samsung quantum dot (bla bla bla) LCD TV and it's not in the same league.

Picture quality aside, how do you find the user interface and also how it handles streaming services? I was considering the 65" A8F but then I read a lacklustre review online.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/2/17970022/sony-a8f-tv-review-oled-hdr-specs-features-price

That's hardly a review.  Where's the IQ analysis.  Here's a proper review: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/a8f-oled

I own this TV as well as a Samsung LCD and while the interface is better on the Samsung, the IQ with the Sony OLED is MUCH better.

BTW, I mainly watch Foxtel and, occasionally, Youtube and the interface is fine for my needs.

@Chigurh I have the Sony A8F and have no problem streaming, Netflix, YouTube are no problems at all.

The upscaling is awesome on the Sony, I am super happy with this TV. Picture quality is stunning.

On 08/06/2019 at 1:03 PM, Wobba said:

That's hardly a review.  Where's the IQ analysis.  Here's a proper review: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/a8f-oled

I know right. I can't stand reviews with no measurements. It's possible to have a $500 Bauhn sound better than a $5000 Oled if you read some fluff pieces posing as Reviews. 

I really appreciate Rtings having so many screens properly reviewed with all the information to compare TVs.