8 minutes ago, ~Spyne~ said:

JB just had a 20% off sale on the weekend. Finished now. Probably have to wait until the Black Friday sales end of Nov for similar pricing to come around again.

20% would not bring it down to $3850, need a lot more.

On 30/10/2017 at 11:52 AM, ~Spyne~ said:

The 55" has been as low as $2240 via Bing Lee eBay sale recently (this month). The 65" was $3840.

Those prices are roughly $600-800 lower than similar sales on 2016 models last year.

So they are going down year after year, nice.

Boxing day sale would probably be the best time to buy.

What month do they usually release new models ?

10 hours ago, Qwertyqaz said:

So they are going down year after year, nice.

Boxing day sale would probably be the best time to buy.

What month do they usually release new models ?

New models are always announced at the CES show in early Jan each year.

Those new models arrive at the earliest in Australia around the following June, sales usually start on current models [depending on just how many of any particular model are in the warehouses ] around late April, early May each year.

It's been like this for the last decade at least.

2 hours ago, Tweaky said:

New models are always announced at the CES show in early Jan each year.

Those new models arrive at the earliest in Australia around the following June, sales usually start on current models [depending on just how many of any particular model are in the warehouses ] around late April, early May each year.

It's been like this for the last decade at least.

That’s very helpful, so do they discontinue the older models or have them selling for a hugely discounted price for many more years

Usually if a new model is released it's a replacement for a current one, and if they replace one, they usually replace all the models in that particular range.

Some ranges of TV can stay in a manufacturers catalogue for a few years before they are replaced with a new model, IMHO it's those TV's that are best to buy when being discontinued, mainly because it is far more likely to be able to get it repaired if something does go amiss with it, just because in theory at least, it's far more probable that there will be spare parts available for it, where a TV that is only in a manufacturers catalogue for a year, won't.

Plus the fact that there is bound to be some feedback from owners of that model TV somewhere on the net, so if it's a dud, you'll be able to find out about it.

It depends on what the manufacturers see as any particular range of TV's needing a revamp, sometimes a range of TV's will be replaced purely on a change of cosmetics and very little to nothing being changed with the actual screen or electronics.

Other times, like Sony's 2017 models, it was basically dropping 3D support on all their TV's, and them bringing out OLED models, [something you won't be seeing Samsung doing any time soon]

21 hours ago, mikezilla2 said:

recommendations for a sound Bar in a Tight Space ?

also anyway of getting the sound bar to output dolby atmos ?  dont want to spend  1k on one ....

The sound bar would need a dolby atmos decoder Mike and multiple speakers to do the object audio steering decently so unfortunately they don't come that cheap considering the bass management needed as well . I would go  for a ce that has years of experience in this dsp field like Yamaha but the ysp-5600 is too dear .

If you don't have some spare ac sockets for wireless surrounds you may try the entry level Samsung depending on price but the surrounds are something to get imho ;) Does it go in a cabinet when you say tight space ? that would rule out the reflecting drivers..

http://www.samsung.com/au/audio-video/soundbar-k850/HW-K850XY/

On 11/5/2017 at 3:57 PM, cwt said:

The sound bar would need a dolby atmos decoder Mike and multiple speakers to do the object audio steering decently so unfortunately they don't come that cheap considering the bass management needed as well . I would go  for a ce that has years of experience in this dsp field like Yamaha but the ysp-5600 is too dear .

If you don't have some spare ac sockets for wireless surrounds you may try the entry level Samsung depending on price but the surrounds are something to get imho ;) Does it go in a cabinet when you say tight space ? that would rule out the reflecting drivers..

http://www.samsung.com/au/audio-video/soundbar-k850/HW-K850XY/

i did See a 5.1 samsung thing at JB for less then that thing you linked  If i recall ( has 300 or 500 off) for some reason

and no dosnt go in a cabnit but it dos go behind the Tv - on a Desk no less

what do you make of those menufacture referbed  7.2

ONKYO   receivers being posted on Ebay ? 

suppose if i did invest what would i Need ?

also people Say to Stay away from the sony sound systems ?

Edited by mikezilla2

17 hours ago, mikezilla2 said:

what do you make of those menufacture referbed  7.2

ONKYO   receivers being posted on Ebay ? 

suppose if i did invest what would i Need ?

also people Say to Stay away from the sony sound systems ?

Always better to go with a component avr like the onkyo rather than a compromise sound bar which has to align drivers in a set fashion :winky: With an avr you can buy speakers from a ce that specializes and doesn't do everything fairly well rather than 1 thing better .. ceiling speakers are a plus over reflecting ones from the front of the room too..

You just need some passive speakers [ do you have any small 2 ways ? ] and it will drive a 

3.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos®* and DTS:X™

speaker system with more watts/ch than most sound bars :) Not to mention switching your UHD sources with its hdmi 2.0a inputs 

On 04/11/2017 at 6:40 PM, mikezilla2 said:

recommendations for a sound Bar in a Tight Space ?

also anyway of getting the sound bar to output dolby atmos ?  dont want to spend  1k on one ....

Soundbars are just another fad that electronics companies have invented in there heads to try and generate income.In reality people living in small spaces need to get a good amplifier and good quality high performance small speakers to kick every soundbar ever hawked by a snake oil salesman from @sehole to breakfast time.

• 2 weeks later...

will probbly get back to Sound bars in the future but what in blue Blazes

so i have had this C7 for over a Few months now  and havent thrown many games at it relly just a few BDs , dvds and windows

playing wolfestin 2 and this started to pop up during gameplay segments along with white dots and Black Lines

Looks Way Worse in Motion and is a very destriacting Bright Blue Shade and its only in this game - flicking RGB on and off a few times at diffrent intervals did sort of change it - ran Js  pixal fixer but eh ... problem just came back and Worse - this is a cell phone Shot taken from the PS4 version of the Game ...

IMG_20171125_211112 - Copy.jpg

3 hours ago, mikezilla2 said:

its only in this game

It's seems it's a problem with that game then... I remember reading a thread on WP that I can't find which mentioned a problem of this sort and it was related to just the one game in the end. I can't recall though if it was this game...

JSmith :ninja:

• Like 1

So I see the Sony 65A1 is on sale for $4999. Had been planning on the LG C7 but do really like the A1 styling and its SD processing but know it has no CMS and still waiting for DV. 

If I can haggle this starting price down by at least another 10% any reason why I should still go for the C7 where I am happy to pay a $500 premium for the A1’s preferred style?

Edited by lucmor444

22 minutes ago, lucmor444 said:

So I see the Sony 65A1 is on sale for $4999. Had been planning on the LG C7 but do really like the A1 styling and its SD processing but know it has no CMS and still waiting for DV. 

If I can haggle this starting price down by at least another 10% any reason why I should still go for the C7 where I am happy to pay a $500 premium for the A1’s preferred style?

LG already has dolby vision fully sorted and it's fantastic.Your talking about paying extra money for a TV with the best feature not operational at purchase.Not worth paying extra for less is my verdict.

1 hour ago, lucmor444 said:

I don’t have a player with DV at the moment so lack of DV at this point (it is coming on the A1) is not show stopper. 

Neither do i but i do have netflix 4K and a 100mbp NBN connection which is all i need to get all the DV content i can handle.

3 hours ago, lucmor444 said:

The tone mapping on the C7 and the Panasonic have a different algorithm method for balancing APL's and specular highlights lucmor ; it comes down to what you prefer If posterisation isn't a factor the LG and Pana track specular highlights very well :thumb:

• Like 2