Sign in to follow this  
skin

Ces 2011 - Star Wars Blu-ray Announcement

Just noticed there is a segment coming up on Today Tonight right now about the Star Wars blu-rays - looks like they will be talking about the deleted scenes.

Just noticed there is a segment coming up on Today Tonight right now about the Star Wars blu-rays - looks like they will be talking about the deleted scenes.

It was already on CNN! The US goverment has started providing counselling to SW fans.. ;)

Heh well I watched it and it was good to see the release getting some general media attention - basically gave a good general overview of the release:

heres the video if anyone missed it:

Link

FFS - It's Star Wars! not something we have never seen before! LOL!

Exactly. And it still has the fck'n green light sabre! So much for going "frame by frame", but it does have that over-hyped NOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

I thought with all the hype and screenshots that I might have been tempted to give in on this set but after downloading and watching the original untouched ones (have the Laserdiscs but haven't had a working player in years) i'll say that i'm truly content with the lesser quality. I hadn't viewed it in its complete original form since the mid-late 90's and wow it just brought back so many fond memories of how I remember them - won't be watching it any other way, it just showed me how much the added CG effects stick out like a sore thumb next to practical ones.

Rubbing salt in the wound today was Spielberg at the Raiders screening/Q&A. Made me respect him more than I already do - a director that can admit his mistake/s;

Spielberg said he felt like he robbed people's memories of the original ET with his special edition and heavily hinted that the Original 1982 cut will be the only one available on Blu Ray.

And for the movie geeks he also stated that Raiders is the only one of his movies he can watch from beginning to end as an audience member - thought that was neat.

Edited by Sievers

So talk about horns of a dilemna ... I o/s at the moment, will be in the US on Saturday, and there's a Best Buy near where I am staying that has a copy I can pre-order online and pick up in store, works out almost exactly the same price as ordering from Amazon (sales tax included, but no delivery fee). So the question is "is there any reason why I should buy the Aus version instead of the US version"?

So talk about horns of a dilemna ... I o/s at the moment, will be in the US on Saturday, and there's a Best Buy near where I am staying that has a copy I can pre-order online and pick up in store, works out almost exactly the same price as ordering from Amazon (sales tax included, but no delivery fee). So the question is "is there any reason why I should buy the Aus version instead of the US version"?

To help our economy......well to the tune of the three dollars plus ten dollars tax, which actually stays here are after licensing fee, artwork fee, bd fee, and corporate profit all go overseas. You get to know that you helped a store clerk have three dollars on a cheeseburger which then keeps fifty cents of that three dollars in australia. How could you live with yourself if you didn't give that ten dollars and fifty cents to the Australian economy.

To help our economy......well to the tune of the three dollars plus ten dollars tax, which actually stays here are after licensing fee, artwork fee, bd fee, and corporate profit all go overseas. You get to know that you helped a store clerk have three dollars on a cheeseburger which then keeps fifty cents of that three dollars in australia. How could you live with yourself if you didn't give that ten dollars and fifty cents to the Australian economy.

:lol:

Holy crap, people are actually lining up to buy...as in like you would for concert tickets.

The Today snow just showed about 100 people lined up in (I think) Sydney to buy the sets.

Didn't think people did that any more, shows what I know! :)

Going to grab the complete saga at lunchtime today.

Is Kmart still the best local price on the saga at $99 ?

Saw JB dropped their price from $139 to $109.

Holy crap, people are actually lining up to buy...as in like you would for concert tickets.

The Today snow just showed about 100 people lined up in (I think) Sydney to buy the sets.

Didn't think people did that any more, shows what I know! :)

I saw that too. Steve Jacobs was dressed as princess Leia. Apparently he was going to be wearing the gold bikini in the 8:30 cross.

Stupid part was, they said people were lining up to buy the numbered box sets. That makes no sense to me at all. If something is a limited edition of say 1,000 and they're all numbered, then that's special. But if only 1,000 are numbered, but millions of identical ones aren't, then that's pointless.

I saw that too. Steve Jacobs was dressed as princess Leia. Apparently he was going to be wearing the gold bikini in the 8:30 cross.

Stupid part was, they said people were lining up to buy the numbered box sets. That makes no sense to me at all. If something is a limited edition of say 1,000 and they're all numbered, then that's special. But if only 1,000 are numbered, but millions of identical ones aren't, then that's pointless.

Yes I got some silly email about JB selling 1000 numbered copies and telling me I should go to Sydney to get one...err I can write a number on the box when I finally get around to buying one in a few months and it will be just as good.

Perhaps the first thousand were ones snuck out before George added the NOOOOOOOOOO!