Ces 2011 - Star Wars Blu-ray Announcement

Haha - trust mine to be tempted by the dark side, but miracles of miracles mine arrived this morning - first time I've ever received an Amazon delivery on a Saturday!! :D

That just means there's twice as much beer for me... :lol:

The AQ on the other hand was a disaster. Regular pops and crackles which was really irritating. After investigating here I appear to have the AVR Sony 5300ES / Oppo 83 issue.

Can you switch to LPCM output instead of bitstream for Star Wars? I think this cures many of the audio issues by having the player do the decoding.

I agree that departing from the standard 5.1/7.1 arrangement seems to cause a lot of issues, so why do they bother with problematic 6.1?

Got my Amazon US shipment today and watched ANH first up. PQ was nothing special.

The AQ on the other hand was a disaster. Regular pops and crackles which was really irritating. After investigating here I appear to have the AVR Sony 5300ES / Oppo 83 issue.

If it is the receiver does the Return to Base firmware update cost much?

Just change the Oppo to output PCM instead of bitstream for these discs.

Still lossless :D

Just change the Oppo to output PCM instead of bitstream for these discs.

Still lossless :D

Does doing this maintain the 6.1 discrete sound or does it fold back to 5.1? Yes it is still lossless.

Admittedly this may have been mentioned a few pages back (I've scrolled back through the last 5 or so), but has anyone noticed that the Yoda in TPM has been replaced with a digital Yoda?

So far I'm only up to EpIII, so no idea if the yoda in V and VI is also digital (although I would assume not...).

I'm also very much looking forward to re-watching episode III with my son. So far he's only seen I, plus a lot of the Clone Wars cartoons, and he just LOVES Anakin. It'll be interesting to see his reaction when he finds out he turns into Darth Vader...

I'm also very much looking forward to re-watching episode III with my son. So far he's only seen I, plus a lot of the Clone Wars cartoons, and he just LOVES Anakin. It'll be interesting to see his reaction when he finds out he turns into Darth Vader...

Please use spoilers - next thing you know you will tell me the Titanic sinks at the end of the movie! j/k

Admittedly this may have been mentioned a few pages back (I've scrolled back through the last 5 or so), but has anyone noticed that the Yoda in TPM has been replaced with a digital Yoda?

Yes. The first we new of this was the DVD release of Sith in 06.

So far I'm only up to EpIII, so no idea if the yoda in V and VI is also digital (although I would assume not...).

Still a rubber puppet

And hears his annoying NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You mean something like this. :lol:

i played around with the bonus discs last night and for the life of me cannot find where the Luke light saber construction deleted scene is. can anyone point me in the right direction?

I haven't got to it yet, but according to the booklet, it should be in the Ep VI section of disc 8, and then go to Tatooine, and then extended/deleted scenes...

i played around with the bonus discs last night and for the life of me cannot find where the Luke light saber construction deleted scene is. can anyone point me in the right direction?

It should be Disc 8 > VI > Tatooine > Deleted/Extended scenes.

I can't find the Boba Fett extra stuff either. I searched both V and VI extra material looking for this with no luck.

You mean something like this. :lol:

Yeah great facial expressions.

wrong!

the story is 1-6, not 4-6 followed by 1-3.

Also the fact that Lucas put Hayden Christensen at the end of Episode 6 basically confirms that the correct way he wants you to watch them is 1-6. If you watched them 4-6 then that end scene would make no sense - you'd think 'who the hell is that?'

Edited by XxDeadlyxX

wrong!

the story is 1-6, not 4-6 followed by 1-3.

Yeah, I'm if two minds about this one. While the "I am your father" is a huge movie moment, watching them in order is also interesting, as it gives a bigger story feel ton the whole thing. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, it's really interesting to see they way my son is reacting to the story, coming at it fresh. Can't wait until he sees Episode III to see what he thinks of his beloved Anakin...

So far, I've still only watched episode IV. At this rate, it'll be years before I get to see them all. :(

I've demoed this several times now and I've come to the conclusion that the best way to deal with the EE on this title is to simply reduce the sharpness a touch. It is still there, but no where as offensive as my first screening.

And yes that is a boom mike refection on the back of C-3PO's head at the droid sale.

Also the fact that Lucas put Hayden Christensen at the end of Episode 6 basically confirms that the confirms that the correct way he wants you to watch them is 1-6. If you watched them 4-6 then that end scene would make no sense - you'd think 'who the hell is that?'

It's only disjoint because of the changes Lucas has made: if he had left well enough alone, you could easily watch 4-6 and then 1-3. That's why I want the original Trilogy.

Hell: Star Trek have the prequel after the last movie and the consumer hasn't had a conniption fit over it.

Lucas should give the consumer more credence in handling temporal discontinuity. I mean, they are movies and suspension of disbelief is a given: they don't need to be made perfectly consistent.

Guest PLG1962
It's only disjoint because of the changes Lucas has made: if he had left well enough alone, you could easily watch 4-6 and then 1-3. That's why I want the original Trilogy.

Hell: Star Trek have the prequel after the last movie and the consumer hasn't had a conniption fit over it.

Lucas should give the consumer more credence in handling temporal discontinuity. I mean, they are movies and suspension of disbelief is a given: they don't need to be made perfectly consistent.

as I have said numerous time it would be interesting to show these films to 2 children with one show it as they originally came out and with the other 1-6 and see who "enjoys" it more

I really cant see the revelation of 5 having any impact if you have seen 1-3 before hand