Ces 2011 - Star Wars Blu-ray Announcement

So talk about horns of a dilemna ... I o/s at the moment, will be in the US on Saturday, and there's a Best Buy near where I am staying that has a copy I can pre-order online and pick up in store, works out almost exactly the same price as ordering from Amazon (sales tax included, but no delivery fee). So the question is "is there any reason why I should buy the Aus version instead of the US version"?

To help our economy......well to the tune of the three dollars plus ten dollars tax, which actually stays here are after licensing fee, artwork fee, bd fee, and corporate profit all go overseas. You get to know that you helped a store clerk have three dollars on a cheeseburger which then keeps fifty cents of that three dollars in australia. How could you live with yourself if you didn't give that ten dollars and fifty cents to the Australian economy.

To help our economy......well to the tune of the three dollars plus ten dollars tax, which actually stays here are after licensing fee, artwork fee, bd fee, and corporate profit all go overseas. You get to know that you helped a store clerk have three dollars on a cheeseburger which then keeps fifty cents of that three dollars in australia. How could you live with yourself if you didn't give that ten dollars and fifty cents to the Australian economy.

:lol:

Holy crap, people are actually lining up to buy...as in like you would for concert tickets.

The Today snow just showed about 100 people lined up in (I think) Sydney to buy the sets.

Didn't think people did that any more, shows what I know! :)

Holy crap, people are actually lining up to buy...as in like you would for concert tickets.

The Today snow just showed about 100 people lined up in (I think) Sydney to buy the sets.

Didn't think people did that any more, shows what I know! :)

I saw that too. Steve Jacobs was dressed as princess Leia. Apparently he was going to be wearing the gold bikini in the 8:30 cross.

Stupid part was, they said people were lining up to buy the numbered box sets. That makes no sense to me at all. If something is a limited edition of say 1,000 and they're all numbered, then that's special. But if only 1,000 are numbered, but millions of identical ones aren't, then that's pointless.

I saw that too. Steve Jacobs was dressed as princess Leia. Apparently he was going to be wearing the gold bikini in the 8:30 cross.

Stupid part was, they said people were lining up to buy the numbered box sets. That makes no sense to me at all. If something is a limited edition of say 1,000 and they're all numbered, then that's special. But if only 1,000 are numbered, but millions of identical ones aren't, then that's pointless.

Yes I got some silly email about JB selling 1000 numbered copies and telling me I should go to Sydney to get one...err I can write a number on the box when I finally get around to buying one in a few months and it will be just as good.

Perhaps the first thousand were ones snuck out before George added the NOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes I got some silly email about JB selling 1000 numbered copies and telling me I should go to Sydney to get one...err I can write a number on the box when I finally get around to buying one in a few months and it will be just as good.

Perhaps the first thousand were ones snuck out before George added the NOOOOOOOOOO!

JB probably had some warehouse junior with a rubber stamp.

omg omg omg .. NUMBERED BOX !! I'll be staring at that number for days.. weeks.. years :) !! lol

http://blurayaustralia.com/2011/09/star-wa...-wednesday.html

for those not in Sydney - JB has these flyers (several thousand mind you) in their city stores advertising this 'numbered 1000 edition' but there's nothing special about it. They'll be quickly disposing of those flyers today.

as for lining up at 6am in the city..... Ok.. who on here on this forum can admit to doing that ??

I had much better things to do at that time of morning ('crazy hour' at the gym :) - crazy in that people line up at 5.45am to get in the place !)

Edited by tonyjg

Picked up my copy this morning for $98 at Big-W. Both Target and K-mart are not doing their $100 deal until tomorrow. Any way off to watch what might just be the most anticipated Blu-ray release since the format began, a long time ago...

Picked up my copy this morning for $98 at Big-W. Both Target and K-mart are not doing their $100 deal until tomorrow. Any way off to watch what might just be the most anticipated Blu-ray release since the format began, a long time ago...

Was going to wait and get overseas, but if it is less than $100 think I might head to BIG W tonight after work, but could be sold out by then. Does JB still price match at all?

Was going to wait and get overseas, but if it is less than $100 think I might head to BIG W tonight after work, but could be sold out by then. Does JB still price match at all?

Yes if the store they are matching is local and has stock.

So it sells out, they will get some more in next week.

Yes if the store they are matching is local and has stock.

So it sells out, they will get some more in next week.

will JB price match kmart's $99? i have a JB voucher i want to get rid of

Why wouldn't they if it meets the criteria?

I'm planning to loudly proclaim them as tight-arses if they don't do the same at my local KFart! What cynical bullsh!t when they are trying to tell all and sundry they are about giving customers the best deal and lowest prices possible all the time.

Just tell them if they don't do it, then price match it to Big-W for $98 :)