Owners Registry Samsung 3d Tv Crosstalk After 3000 Series Firmware Upgrades

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Dunno if you guys care because I'm not on 300x, but here goes.

Paul

Australia

PS63c7000

Firmware 2002 (I stopped updating because I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it. This proved to be a good theory as I get no crosstalk whatsoever)

Edited by chromium

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

T.jackson

Australia

Ua65c8000

I believe the Crosstalk occurred After Firmware Upgrade, because when I first have the tv it was fine

I am still in talks with samsung, they are trying to get me an earlier firmware, so they say???? I am currently approaching all media channels to pickup the story to stop others from wasting their money. hopefully it will just before their full 2011 launch

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

T.jackson

Australia

Ua65c8000

I believe the Crosstalk occurred After Firmware Upgrade, because when I first have the tv it was fine

I am still in talks with samsung, they are trying to get me an earlier firmware, so they say???? I am currently approaching all media channels to pickup the story to stop others from wasting their money. hopefully it will just before their full 2011 launch

If the TV was working well why on earth did you "upgrade" the firmware? :o

Hopefully in future people will learn not to "upgrade" firmware without good reason and knowing what the firmware update achieves or doesn't.

Edited by Owen

Hopefully in future people will learn not to "upgrade" firmware without good reason and knowing what the firmware update achieves or doesn't.

Edited by Owen

Guest 55sirhc55

C. Russell

Australia

PS50C7000

Absolutely no cross-talk

Glasses - Samsung Battery, Xpand Battery & unbranded rechargeable

I had other issues and was advices by samsung to do so, was total unaware there was such a thing as crosstalk. Anyway why create firmware that causes more issues is that not this thread is about. Also I don't see any information provided by samsung as to what the ins and outs of each firmware upgrade achieves.

Samsung have a history of firmware updates that do little or nothing to address problems and often remove or limit functionality so its wise to be very cautious about updates, let the fools rush in and find the problems. After the update has been out for a month or two and there is feedback on its benefits or other wise, then and only then update, assuming there is a benefit in doing so.

My Samsung LCD will never be updated because the "updates" do nothing useful and disable functionally I want.

Edited by Owen

I actually updated as i wanted to access the Bigpond TV tool. Have access to that now but as others have noted now my 3D has issues. Will be taking it up with Samsung once ive done some more testing.

The fact of the matter is that Samsung should NOT be releasing firmware that achieves nothing and causing more problems, and like all other companies, using us the public as their testing ground.

I am still in talks with samsung, their best repair technicians spent 2-3hrs changing settings (view point etc) and could not fix the problem. Surprise surprise. They also had a new screen but realized it was not a hardware issue. Also I forgot to add that They had also replaced the main PCB board on another visit which the tv would no longer work after due to a bad installation

Their customer service is a joke. Their is no good communication between any off their departments.

I am in the process of going to department of fair trading, I have sent samsung an email giving them to Tuesday next week to resolve the matter.

Now I have one of samsungs technical support (and this is not a senior tech support) asking me to go through all the settings again. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :wacko::angry2:

Since it is established that Samsung firmware updates are problematic the best approach is to avoid updating entirely.

Do not expect the TV will EVER have more features or functionality then what it was delivered with and leave the firmware alone.

If you want internet functionality connect a PC, a TV is a poor substitute.

Edited by Owen

Since it is established that Samsung firmware updates are problematic the best approach is to avoid updating entirely.

Do not expect the TV will EVER have more features or functionality then what it was delivered with and leave the firmware alone.

If you want internet functionality connect a PC, a TV is a poor substitute.

Owen no offense, but do work for samsung?????

All you do is reply with comments that make, those with the 3d problems, look like it was their fault for the creating them.

If these updates/ firmware what every it is, can be faulty then why the F**k are samsung releasing them or boasting about some new feature that we all can have with a simple update

As for "If you want internet functionality connect a PC, a TV is a poor substitute" that is your op, people may not have a second computer to hook up

Yes people should be cautious about updates, but if they are so harmful why is the option there in the the first place

No I have no affiliation with Samsung or any other brand, but its only common sense to NOT update firmware on anything without understanding the ramifications, those who rush to update without due care and the ability to go back to the old firmware if things don't work out are fools.

Samsung updates have typically removed the ability to regress to older firmware versions so you burn your bridges by

"upgrading".

I will not update the firmware on my Samsung because I know the updates for my model achieve nothing and remove functionality that is useful to me. I have no problem with that because the TV works as intended and I don't expect it to do something it did not when I purchased it.

My 4 year old Sony has never had an update and never will have, if its not broken don't fix it.

Owen no offense, but do work for samsung?????

All you do is reply with comments that make, those with the 3d problems, look like it was their fault for the creating them.

If these updates/ firmware what every it is, can be faulty then why the F**k are samsung releasing them or boasting about some new feature that we all can have with a simple update

As for "If you want internet functionality connect a PC, a TV is a poor substitute" that is your op, people may not have a second computer to hook up

Yes people should be cautious about updates, but if they are so harmful why is the option there in the the first place

I am with you on this Wacko37. I have updated software/firmware in the following items without any problems at all: Toshiba XA2, PS3, Wii, Sony S570, WDTV Live (a hack brew), Foxtel IQ2, DVDO Edge, Sangean DAB, Mac Mini, Beyonwiz, Oppo and many other items.

OK - sometimes there may be a problem with the new upgrade but in the norm they are sorted out pretty quickly by the manufacturer - an example being the PS3. A classic example of a software/firmware upgrade that was essential was the one my Panasonic BD-35 required after the release of Avatar on blu. The upgrade was vital to enable you to play the damn disk - not a fault of Panasonic but of the disk itself.

Which brings me to the lastest update for my Samsung 50C7000 - no crosstalk at all - period

I am with you on this Wacko37. I have updated software/firmware in the following items without any problems at all: Toshiba XA2, PS3, Wii, Sony S570, WDTV Live (a hack brew), Foxtel IQ2, DVDO Edge, Sangean DAB, Mac Mini, Beyonwiz, Oppo and many other items.

Cheers Sirhc55

I was being to think everyone agreed with Owen, that firmware should never be used even if means losing out on new features etc etc

I was being to think everyone agreed with Owen, that firmware should never be used even if means losing out on new features etc etc

Hang on mate, I NEVER said updates should never be applied. What I said was be very cautious and do your homework to make sure the update you are considering installing does not cause more problems than it solves.

With Samsung TV's this is particularly important, ignore at your own risk.

Edited by Owen

Guest 55sirhc55
So does the latest firmware fix the crosstalk problem?

No idea as I have never experienced any crosstalk