After 46"/47" Lcd

Time to lash out and buy another TV. Have narrowed down to 46 or 47" LCD as 47" would be maximum that would fit in cavity.

Require:

Full HD

100Hz refresh rate (200 would be good, 100 OK).

Reliable!

Optional

3 year warranty

DLNA/wireless/ethernet

A model with a bonus offer at present.

Doesnt matter if LCD or LED

Not interested in 3D at present, so that brings the price down a bit.

Going to buy in the next few days. Price range $1200 - $1800 haggled down price.

Guess options are Sony, LG, Samsung. Consider Sharp or Toshiba? Dont want to confuse it much, so would rather narrow it down to a couple makes and models and then let my eyes decide.

Your thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you visit JB (or any other stores) this evening and start haggling ? JB has 15% off the ticketed price of TVs and other retailers will be glad to smash JB's quotes.

You might be able to push for a Samsung 46" C650 for around the $1000 mark.

Edited by kulfi

Why don't you visit JB (or any other stores) this evening and start haggling ? JB has 15% off the ticketed price of TVs and other retailers will be glad to smash JB's quotes.

You might be able to push for a Samsung 46" C650 for around the $1000 mark.

Cheers, must have read my mind, heading out now to check out prices etc. Was going to JB tonight as you mentioned!!!

Once again u must have read my mind, the Sammy C650 for around $1000, is this possible??? I was just looking at this one online and it looks nice, better go see it in the flesh. If I could get it at near this price I would be rapt. What makes you think this price is doable? Have others got close to it?

Narrowed down to the Sammy C650, Sony KDLEX500/710 or LG 47LE/5310/7500. WHen seeing them in the flesh, my take some off or add others, but think it will be down to these.

Thanks

Good luck with the shopping...and keep us posted. ..

If you do get the 46" around the 1k . . that's a pretty good price .. imo . ..

Though i haven't been following the mkt much since my purchase last boxing day.

Very curious to see the state of the mkt regarding the 6 series sammy lcd's .. :)

One of my mates picked up a 55" Sammy C6900 LED-edgelit LCD for $2000 incl 2 years ext warranty from Myer Hornsby last week. Based on that information, the CCFL-backlit 46" C650 shouldn't be worth much more than $1000.

To achieve this price, you will have to walk into a store and tell them that you want to close the deal immediately, offer full payment by cash/card and it will not have an extended warranty. Getting down to business right away is the key.

I doubt if you can get one of the 46" LED models for $1k, though.

Edited by kulfi

Good luck with the shopping...and keep us posted. ..

If you do get the 46" around the 1k . . that's a pretty good price .. imo . ..

Though i haven't been following the mkt much since my purchase last boxing day.

Very curious to see the state of the mkt regarding the 6 series sammy lcd's .. :)

Went to a few stores, seems like the best for a C650 is low $1400's. RRP is $1799, JB at present is $1697, but can get 15% off tonight, so brings into the 1400 range. HN said they would beat it cos they dont want the sale to go to them, but cannot beat it by much at all. Will keep trying......

Think $1000 mark is outta reach, looks like mid $1300 would be a good price, but let others prove me wrong!!!

The "cost price" on that model - i.e. what the salesman would see (after warehousing,etc,without kick back) would be ~ $1,250,possibly a smidge less.

Reckon he is likely to bother selling it with a "commish" of ~ $2.50-$5 on one of the busiest days of the year?

Sincerely attempting to help.

Have a look toward New Year's day!

Done a bit more hitting the shops tonight. No better, Samsung LA46C650, $1440 about the best I can get and I am been direct and no beating around the bush.

Also looked at the Samsung 3D LCD LA46C750, rrp $2799, ticketed $1996, price with 15% off at JB, around $1696. Also comes with bonus 3d glasses, movies and 22" LED TV. Fair deal?

Am I silly just looking at Samsung? Really like the LED version of the 3D LCD, about 6-7 hundred dearer tho....ouch...outta my league big time.

Anyone getting some good prices on Samsung 46" TV's?

Cheers

Yep!Fair deal.

You might save~$65 between Boxing Day and NYD on the other model.What is your time and petrol worth?

You could be enjoying your TV now!

Haven't seen in other stores the LA46C750, or I was not looking, just came across it tonight!!!! Just wondering if it is been discontinued.

Time is my own, petrol well ....that is my works juice!!!!

So you think the c650 would be possible in the mid to high 1300's after chrissy? Aint holding a gun at your head....... :)

Maybe time to stop dwelling......

The prices you've been quoted seems more than reasonable to me..

So happened to be in Jb earlier, and the 55" series 6 was advertised for around $1996 - 15% .. roughly $1700-

Though i've seen it advertised on exaltek for around $1620 or thereabouts.. .

And as Kulfi mentioned earlier, one of his mates picked up the C6900 LED-edgelit LCD 55" for 2k.

Seems quite reasonable around the $1400 pricepoint.. Logical progression down the price - size feature food chain.

Keeping in mind clearly that boxing day sales are only a few days away..

One thing for sure.. you won't pay more now than what you saw em for .. and you may very well save some $$ on the 26th.

Though as Dm Dave mentioned.. you could buy it now, and enjoy the tv for the next week. :)

And if you buy from somewhere like harvey / Good guys. . Im pretty sure you get a price guarantee which will cover you for that boxing day period.

Lol. . clear as mud eh.

Done a bit more hitting the shops tonight. No better, Samsung LA46C650, $1440 about the best I can get and I am been direct and no beating around the bush.

Also looked at the Samsung 3D LCD LA46C750, rrp $2799, ticketed $1996, price with 15% off at JB, around $1696. Also comes with bonus 3d glasses, movies and 22" LED TV. Fair deal?

Am I silly just looking at Samsung? Really like the LED version of the 3D LCD, about 6-7 hundred dearer tho....ouch...outta my league big time.

Anyone getting some good prices on Samsung 46" TV's?

Cheers

The prices you've been quoted seems more than reasonable to me..

So happened to be in Jb earlier, and the 55" series 6 was advertised for around $1996 - 15% .. roughly $1700-

Though i've seen it advertised on exaltek for around $1620 or thereabouts.. .

And as Kulfi mentioned earlier, one of his mates picked up the C6900 LED-edgelit LCD 55" for 2k.

Seems quite reasonable around the $1400 pricepoint.. Logical progression down the price - size feature food chain.

Keeping in mind clearly that boxing day sales are only a few days away..

One thing for sure.. you won't pay more now than what you saw em for .. and you may very well save some $$ on the 26th.

Though as Dm Dave mentioned.. you could buy it now, and enjoy the tv for the next week. :)

And if you buy from somewhere like harvey / Good guys. . Im pretty sure you get a price guarantee which will cover you for that boxing day period.

Lol. . clear as mud eh.

Thanks all, since I am so close to Boxing Day, may as wait, no need to have it now, we do have a TV albeit time to be decommissioned. JB said the price for both the C650 and C750 were only for tonight only and tomorrow or whenever I woldnt get that price again......I will take the risk. In other words they are saying their best deals are 15% off.

Thanks guys, bring on xmas...

Basically,if I'm hunting brown goods,I target JB HiFi.Their TV people are usually pros,their range excellent and their prices are IMO the benchmark.

Their usual sale on New Years Day takes the hassle out of the whole shebang.

I expected to pay ~ $1K for a 50" Sammy 1080p Plasma on NYD.Was happy to settle for $1100 asking price recently (less what I could "easily" shave off).Not fussed.

Up popped Aldi with a 47" LCD Bauhn @ $799 instead.Got two-one for a friend.Despite the FUD from "experts' who have never seen one,I am very happy.

I am an enthusiast who worked in the industry.If people knew the tactics,etc used they would..............Honestly,some of the tactics suggested on this Forum as sooooo naive.Some pros will not fill out the paperwork required for

next to nothing - why should they!Would you?Industry pay is lousy,so are the hours - without "commish",you would be buying from Target and K Mart - you know what sort of help you get there.

There is a similar thread to this one,right now.If you read between the lines,you will see that I have quietly outlined how to get the best deal OP required.Likely target would be DSE-inexperienced salespeople,run out

models,stock taking up valuable floorspace,etc.OP is purchasing on behalf of his mother < $1k.

Crikey,if you see a fair deal that meets your "needs and wants" - grab it with both hands,take it home and enjoy it.

Now white goods are another thing...............................................Winter!

Basically,if I'm hunting brown goods,I target JB HiFi.Their TV people are usually pros,their range excellent and their prices are IMO the benchmark.

Their usual sale on New Years Day takes the hassle out of the whole shebang.

I expected to pay ~ $1K for a 50" Sammy 1080p Plasma on NYD.Was happy to settle for $1100 asking price recently (less what I could "easily" shave off).Not fussed.

Up popped Aldi with a 47" LCD Bauhn @ $799 instead.Got two-one for a friend.Despite the FUD from "experts' who have never seen one,I am very happy.

I am an enthusiast who worked in the industry.If people knew the tactics,etc used they would..............Honestly,some of the tactics suggested on this Forum as sooooo naive.Some pros will not fill out the paperwork required for

next to nothing - why should they!Would you?Industry pay is lousy,so are the hours - without "commish",you would be buying from Target and K Mart - you know what sort of help you get there.

There is a similar thread to this one,right now.If you read between the lines,you will see that I have quietly outlined how to get the best deal OP required.Likely target would be DSE-inexperienced salespeople,run out

models,stock taking up valuable floorspace,etc.OP is purchasing on behalf of his mother < $1k.

Crikey,if you see a fair deal that meets your "needs and wants" - grab it with both hands,take it home and enjoy it.

Now white goods are another thing...............................................Winter!

Thanks for the advice, still leaning (in a big way) to the LA46C750, even though I can find next to no reviews on it. Could be a good or bad thing! If I can still get it under 1700 gunna buy it tomorrow. Stuff the boxing day sales etc, lets get it for xmas and enjoy it. Anyone know if they come with any 3D glasses, one guy wasnt sure, but thinks it comes with 1.

Any last thoughts on this model? Forumwise next to nothing on it, guess let my heart/eyes/ears decide.

Ta

Any last thoughts on this model? Forumwise next to nothing on it, guess let my heart/eyes/ears decide.

There are some discussions around the 55" C750, which is a good TV. The trouble is that it competes on price with the 55" C6900 (2D) but is CCFL-backlit, so it's a lot thicker and loses out on the "cool" factor.

There are some discussions around the 55" C750, which is a good TV. The trouble is that it competes on price with the 55" C6900 (2D) but is CCFL-backlit, so it's a lot thicker and loses out on the "cool" factor.

Im really confused with Sammy models.....as long I buy the one I like, which is the 46" C750. The cool factor doesnt really worry me, screen will be pretty much hidden in a cavity anyway.

Just debating wether extended warranty worth it, get 2 years (1 standard + 1 extra with gold credit card). Guess you have to buy the warranty at sale time?

Cheers

Try bing lee

They have the la46c750 for $1680 and you get the SAMSUNG bonus 22 inch led redemption

They also had the 47le5510 from LG with the xbox bonus $1499

That's pretty good value pre haggling with the bonuses

Sorry cant try Bing Lee, they arent in Vic. Anyone picked up the LA46C750 for $1680 (same as Bing Lee LOL). Have only turned it on, havent had a chance to play, but looks a sexy beast!!

Thanks for everyones help, I couldnt wait until after chrissy!!!

Do any of these 46/47" TVs fair better than the others in terms of inbuilt speakers? It's not practical to install separate speakers in the space I would be placing it. Just so long as voices are reasonably clear.

The speakers on most of these flat-screen TVs are pretty weak. For basic speech, they work OK but don't expect good movie-quality effects.