Hd From Perth

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was just gonna post about this. Very surprised to see a Glory home game in HD. This is the first time this season at least. Definitely hope it's more of a regular occurrence.

Yeah, it would be great to see.

They have got a hd truck to the stadium, just wondering if they have driven it over from adelaide or if they have finally got a permenent hd truck for WA

Not that it means anything, but both trucks had victorian plates

Could it have something to do with the cricket starting in Perth this week. I understand that they are totally different networks (FTA vs Foxtel) but wondering do they all use the same trucks? Looking forward to the day when every capital city has a truck.

Could it have something to do with the cricket starting in Perth this week. I understand that they are totally different networks (FTA vs Foxtel) but wondering do they all use the same trucks? Looking forward to the day when every capital city has a truck.

No, Nine use global Television and Fox Sports use Gearhouse (use to be zero one zero then OSB bought them and then Gearhouse bought OSB). They occasionally will use each other trucks when they can't position there own equipment. Everybody uses ABC's truck in perth. If that truck went HD then most of the events in perth would be in HD as long as it wasn't happening the same day as the WAFL match.

Not that anyone in Australia will see the cricket in HD LOL

Sad that we can watch cricket in HD from anywhere else in the world on Fox Sports but 9 would rather show black & white movies from before the war on Gem while the Ashes is on. HD sport is why I first bought a plasma tv but once again the local networks treat their viewers with absolute contempt. Is the UK getting their coverage in HD?

• 2 weeks later...

There were 2 smaller OB trucks, instead of one large semi trailer type unit.

There is always two trucks, one has the production equipment and the other is the tender which is what carts all the roadcases with the equipment needed ie cameras, light etc

• 3 weeks later...