Ps50c7000 Ps58c7000 Ps63c7000 3d Ghosting / Crosstalk Issues

OK took the plunge to 3009

Sammy must be pushing this update as kept getting reminder note of available upgrade on screen via ethernet connection. Took plunge and I am happy. Bluray definitely better. Not tried 3 d games yet but 2d to 3d works well. Happy with my TV - wat to go Sammy :-)

Hi Berardo

So, can you confirm something for me. I too am getting the nag on screen every 24 hours so Samsung must really want us to upgrade. My issue is that the only things mentioned in the change log don't even have anything to do with Australia...as least for the overseas version of 3009 which is the only place you can find a change log. So my questions are:-

1 Did the upgrade reset you settings, or were all your picture and operational settings preserved? Did you have to reconfigure anything?

2 Did the upgrade in any way negatively affect the otherwise excellent picture quality in ANY way?

3 Did it REALLY improve anything to do with 3D as I have no issues whatsoever with 3005?

Thanks

avss01

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that they don't offer an update to the 2011 Smart TV interface, because the 2010

internetTV is not really usable, I asked their support and basically they said it was only available

for 2011 models, so no browser unless you can get the samygo hack to work

Hi Berardo

So, can you confirm something for me. I too am getting the nag on screen every 24 hours so Samsung must really want us to upgrade. My issue is that the only things mentioned in the change log don't even have anything to do with Australia...as least for the overseas version of 3009 which is the only place you can find a change log. So my questions are:-

1 Did the upgrade reset you settings, or were all your picture and operational settings preserved? Did you have to reconfigure anything?

2 Did the upgrade in any way negatively affect the otherwise excellent picture quality in ANY way?

3 Did it REALLY improve anything to do with 3D as I have no issues whatsoever with 3005?

Thanks

avss01

Hi avss01

So far tried monster house and MVA blurays and there is definite improvement in crosstalk. For gaming gave crysis 2 on ps3 a go in 3d - some crosstalk on gun laser sites but overall reasonably good. Never tried it on 3005. On bluray still get some minor crosstalk on scenes with a light object on dark background but it is acceptable as does not occur often. I think with movies it probably depends on coding of disc. Also I believe peoples visual acuity may play a role as some people report no crosstalk on a film when I could see it ??? go figure. The opening space scene in MVA looks as good as when I got my TV last year and the ping pong ball scene actually looks better. I would say if you have 3d for movies definitely give the upgrade a go. As for gaming I don't like playing FPS in 3d so gaming performance is not a big issue. Using a sony bluray player as I foung the picture was always better than the samsung c6900 which is now collecting dust. Have not tried to play a 3D bluray in the PS3 since last year when it would not play MVA ???

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Berardo

P.S must try tron legacy in 3D as a final test disc when I pick up a copy but hesitant as not into the movie but I believe the 3D is great.

Thanks Berardo

Very interesting results. I don't do games, but it sounds as though there may be an improvement for movies as well. Could you just comment as to whether all of your settings were preserved after the upgrade?

Thanks

avss01

Thanks Berardo

Very interesting results. I don't do games, but it sounds as though there may be an improvement for movies as well. Could you just comment as to whether all of your settings were preserved after the upgrade?

Thanks

avss01

Hi avss01

settings remained unchanged after upgrade. Also avs forum in uk report better 3d bluray playback

Hi avss01

settings remained unchanged after upgrade. Also avs forum in uk report better 3d bluray playback

I watched Avatar 3D the other night and was very impressed, I haven't played a 3D game since updating to 3009 though.

I do wonder though, maybe the Oppo does a better job of 3d than the PS3.

Cheers

DK.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will take the plunge and upgrade.

avss01

Went out and purchased tron legacy as a final test of fw 3009 and all I can say is YIPEE KIYAY MF the 3D is brilliant. Looks like 3009 has fixed my crosstalk and as everyone knows this movie has lots of white lines on black backgrounds and I saw no major crosstalk. So once again I confirm that this fw upgrade works for me and well done disney on what has to be a 3d refernce disc agreeing with the disc review on hidef digest.

Good luck with 3009 everyone - enjoy your TV as it should have been from the start.

Berardo

Went out and purchased tron legacy as a final test of fw 3009 and all I can say is YIPEE KIYAY MF the 3D is brilliant. Looks like 3009 has fixed my crosstalk and as everyone knows this movie has lots of white lines on black backgrounds and I saw no major crosstalk. So once again I confirm that this fw upgrade works for me and well done disney on what has to be a 3d refernce disc agreeing with the disc review on hidef digest.

Good luck with 3009 everyone - enjoy your TV as it should have been from the start.

Berardo

Well you guys have nearly convinced me ,I am still on 1006 and because of this thread I have not upgraded.I do have one question is the tv guide still slow [5min to load]in this update? Also is the free to air picture quality any good with this update?

Cheers :D

Well you guys have nearly convinced me ,I am still on 1006 and because of this thread I have not upgraded.I do have one question is the tv guide still slow [5min to load]in this update? Also is the free to air picture quality any good with this update?

Cheers :D

Hi uhf 2

I have only just upgraded so am not in a position yet to accurately answer your question yet, nor have I had time to look at any 3D material. But from what I have seen as of late last night, PQ with FTA is unchanged....read still fantastic in my view. I will let you know more after I have had time to test it all out. Also as Berardo states, no changes to your settings take place even though it says system will be reset. The only thing that happens is the power recycles as per normal.

Regards

avss01

Hi uhf 2

I have only just upgraded so am not in a position yet to accurately answer your question yet, nor have I had time to look at any 3D material. But from what I have seen as of late last night, PQ with FTA is unchanged....read still fantastic in my view. I will let you know more after I have had time to test it all out. Also as Berardo states, no changes to your settings take place even though it says system will be reset. The only thing that happens is the power recycles as per normal.

Regards

avss01

Thank you for your reply

I think I will take the jump & give it a go

Cheers

Thank you for your reply

I think I will take the jump & give it a go

Cheers

Hi again uhf 2

Well, I had a really close look yesterday, including some 3D material and am very happy with the PQ. Still no issues with 3D (had none before on 3005) and FTA is without change also. I am hopeful from Berardo's comments that more challenging 3D content is improved with this version. So for me, a fairly benign upgrade, but importantly no deterioration in anything at all. I wish there were more 3D programmes / movies available. Let us know how you find the upgrade if you give it a go.

Regards

avss01

I installed the new firmware on my 58" and still get the crosstalk / ghosting.

I also had a problem with the PS3 thats hooked up getting a message saying that the resolution was not supported... I have changed nothing regarding the PS3 so not sure why im getting that problem.

If the crosstalk / ghosting still happens should I call Samsung?

UPDATE:

Just watched Cars on BluRay and every few minutes the screen flashes for a split second...looks like a garbled picture / snow effect ..only for a split second but every few minutes. It did not do this before upgrading the firmware!!

Is there any way I can revert back to the old firmware?

Rang Samsung and they told me to set the resolution to 1080i (not 1080p)..but now the PS3 wont play 3D....WTF????

Edited by anthonyl

I installed the new firmware on my 58" and still get the crosstalk / ghosting.

I also had a problem with the PS3 thats hooked up getting a message saying that the resolution was not supported... I have changed nothing regarding the PS3 so not sure why im getting that problem.

If the crosstalk / ghosting still happens should I call Samsung?

UPDATE:

Just watched Cars on BluRay and every few minutes the screen flashes for a split second...looks like a garbled picture / snow effect ..only for a split second but every few minutes. It did not do this before upgrading the firmware!!

Is there any way I can revert back to the old firmware?

Rang Samsung and they told me to set the resolution to 1080i (not 1080p)..but now the PS3 wont play 3D....WTF????

Hi Anthonyl!

Try the ps3 system reconfig (display properties), maybe this help, or reset the ps3 display set. Can you enter the samsung service menu? Hard reset the samsung tv.

Sorry my English!

Hi Anthonyl!

Try the ps3 system reconfig (display properties), maybe this help, or reset the ps3 display set. Can you enter the samsung service menu? Hard reset the samsung tv.

Sorry my English!

After doing a hard reset on the PS3 and a hard reset on the TV..it all came good.

But I still have crosstalk / ghosting.

After doing a hard reset on the PS3 and a hard reset on the TV..it all came good.

But I still have crosstalk / ghosting.

You will always get some ghosting/crosstalking. No yv is perfect. I even noticed ghosting at IMax when i went and saw Transformers 3 last week. You cant avoid it 100%

• 4 weeks later...
Guest morbria

Hi everyone just thought i would post that i had the same issues as everyone else. I had a ps58c7000 with firmware 1016, And had no problems with ghosting at all, I loved the tv. Then one day when I turned it on I had a black line through my screen. It was as if the whole line from left to right had gone out. It then became 2 lines, so I called samsung.The tv was only 8 months old. The lady told me I needed to upgade my firmware to fix this issue, I insisted that if I upgraded the firmware I would get ghosting. She said rubbish! So to try and fix the black lines i upgraded the firmware to 3009.2. BANG un watchable ghosting and the black lines were still there. So i called and they sent out a tech. He fixed the black lines right infront of me , so now i know how to do it. He saw the ghosting and said he would order a new 3d mother board. He came back, installed the new mother board used a test 3d disk worked fine and left. After he left I tried my 3d movies (40 of them) ghosting was everywhere. So I called again, the tech came out again, blamed my movies ( none of them are bootleg!!! All legit ) , then he blamed my HDMI lead ($180 Gold Plated 1.4 high speed lead ) so he used one of his samsung leads, and guess what, it made it worse! He then told me he couldnt fix it and that he had spoken to samsung and that is just how the 3d tvs are, i said rubbish and he told me to deal with samsung direct.After a long battle with samsung and many phone calls, they are finally replacing my 58c7000 with a 59d8000.

Hi everyone just thought i would post that i had the same issues as everyone else. I had a ps58c7000 with firmware 1016, And had no problems with ghosting at all, I loved the tv. Then one day when I turned it on I had a black line through my screen. It was as if the whole line from left to right had gone out. It then became 2 lines, so I called samsung.The tv was only 8 months old. The lady told me I needed to upgade my firmware to fix this issue, I insisted that if I upgraded the firmware I would get ghosting. She said rubbish! So to try and fix the black lines i upgraded the firmware to 3009.2. BANG un watchable ghosting and the black lines were still there. So i called and they sent out a tech. He fixed the black lines right infront of me , so now i know how to do it. He saw the ghosting and said he would order a new 3d mother board. He came back, installed the new mother board used a test 3d disk worked fine and left. After he left I tried my 3d movies (40 of them) ghosting was everywhere. So I called again, the tech came out again, blamed my movies ( none of them are bootleg!!! All legit ) , then he blamed my HDMI lead ($180 Gold Plated 1.4 high speed lead ) so he used one of his samsung leads, and guess what, it made it worse! He then told me he couldnt fix it and that he had spoken to samsung and that is just how the 3d tvs are, i said rubbish and he told me to deal with samsung direct.After a long battle with samsung and many phone calls, they are finally replacing my 58c7000 with a 59d8000.

I must ask, if you have ghosting does it appear as ripple effects around ordinary 2D TV as well. i.e. when people move across the screen and there is either high colour contrast or bars or some kind does it look like a splash of water effect.

Samsung just FORCED an upgrade on my 58c7000 (in a failed attempt to repair it) to this firmware version and its totally unwatchable because of this effect. I haven't tried 3D yet but I suspect the effect would be worse.

Try turning off the MJC (Motion Judder Correction) in the picture menus. Then see if it's like it was before, these things get reset when upgrading firmware sometimes, depending on which firmware you upgrade from.

Guest morbria
I must ask, if you have ghosting does it appear as ripple effects around ordinary 2D TV as well. i.e. when people move across the screen and there is either high colour contrast or bars or some kind does it look like a splash of water effect.

Samsung just FORCED an upgrade on my 58c7000 (in a failed attempt to repair it) to this firmware version and its totally unwatchable because of this effect. I haven't tried 3D yet but I suspect the effect would be worse.

No it didnt effect anything else just the 3d

Guest morbria
^^^

Out of curiosity how did he fix the black lines?

Was it a hardware or software fix?

Curious..

It was a hardware issue not software/firware. If you take the black back panel off, on the left hand side of the panel (looking from the back) up the side there is little mother boards about 6 of them. They come loose just push them in and the lines disappear

• 2 weeks later...
It was a hardware issue not software/firware. If you take the black back panel off, on the left hand side of the panel (looking from the back) up the side there is little mother boards about 6 of them. They come loose just push them in and the lines disappear

Can you roll back your firmware?

I had 1016 on & accidentally upgraded to 3009 , i would like to go back to stock if possible

Cheers