Ps50c7000 Ps58c7000 Ps63c7000 3d Ghosting / Crosstalk Issues

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have been much simpler not to "upgrade" the firmware in the first place. ;)

Yes I agree.

But my old 32in samsung which is now my computer monitor allows you to rollback the firmware to stock, the 58 won,t

Also the hack won,t work after 3006 and I have installed 3009.2

So all that I can do is hope that it works with no cross talk.

cheers

this whole upgrading firmware is messed up ! Since I got my ps63c7000 almost a year ago I have updated each time , I think this has been a mistake , the latest 3009 update has eliminated 3d crosstalk 100% . I mean literally I see no crosstalk at all ! However there is also absolutely no 3d effect ! I watched rio side by side 3d the other night , it totally sucked , the picture was really blurry and dim . I took of the glasses and watched the film in 3d mode without glasses and it was perfect ( without 3d effect of course ) . Seems to me in order to eliminate the crosstalk samsung have virtually just cancelled out the entire 3d effect . I have read where owners say the updates improve the 2d picture on this set so even though I haven't really noticed that aspect myself if true then I guess the updates aren't all bad !

• 2 weeks later...

I've uploaded firmware 0000 that I copied when a tech came over.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S4GTGYPM

It works with 3009.2 cause I did it.

WELL DONE IT DOES WORK THANK -YOU PONGIE ;):D :D :D

Firmware I,m on at the moment 3009.2

You just do a software update & it reloads firmware 0000.

Than I reloaded firmware 1016

Now I,m running 1016

No hacks needed just reload 0000 & download the firmware that you want from Here

If you would like 1016 just ask & I will email it to you.

AGAIN thank-you PONGIE

Big thanks from me also Pongie , so how much better is the 3d on 1016 . I dont know if my set ever was on 1016 by the time it arrived .

I've been on 1016 for 6 months or so and the crosstalk was noticeable. Decided to upgrade to 3009.2 when I read it was better but actually wasn't. That's when I logged a fault with samsung and was surprised how easy it was for the tech to downgrade. Afterall I've read (about the troublesome workarounds) I quickly asked the tech to make a copy. For the past fortnight, I've been using 2004 and crosstalk is about the same as 1016.

I've been on 1016 for 6 months or so and the crosstalk was noticeable. Decided to upgrade to 3009.2 when I read it was better but actually wasn't. That's when I logged a fault with samsung and was surprised how easy it was for the tech to downgrade. Afterall I've read (about the troublesome workarounds) I quickly asked the tech to make a copy. For the past fortnight, I've been using 2004 and crosstalk is about the same as 1016.

It was good thinking on your part mate :-) .

• 1 month later...

Can someone please show me a working link for Version.0.zip ?

Every single link I have tried does not work / says 'has been removed due to copyright blah blah blah...'

If not, is anyone able to send this file to me via email at simmo3k@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the file :)

I had upgraded to 3009 but it was so bad, I had to get a technician come out and replace the motherboard in the TV.. new motherboard came with firmware 2002, but I deciced to downgrade and noticed nothing different in image quality. t f

So what firmware can we say is the best for 3D?

1016, 2002 or 2004?

Edited by Simmo3D

• 3 weeks later...
lol, that old TV I had probs with wasn't actually my stuffup with that one. It did the common power cycling and the eeprom went screwy and some weird things happened and all the settings in the service menu went haywire.

Yep tried leaving batteries out of remote.

Source button works fine on front panel.

As I said last night, most curious is how the number buttons will turn on the TV, but after that they're locked out.

I think there must be a remote control key combo to unlock whatever it is.

iv got the exact same problem after i changed the setting for 24p!!!!! numeric buttons not working, source, ch list, p+/- and some others. numerics work to switch the tv on but thats it. has a solution been found to fix this???

• 2 months later...