Ps50c7000 Ps58c7000 Ps63c7000 3d Ghosting / Crosstalk Issues

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, if you can somehow read and write to a ext3 filesystem you're set! (Made a few edits to those couple of posts too, to be clearer.)

Edited by Guest

And I'm glad you mentioned about that long black screen. I would've been looking for an oxygen supply lol. Thanks for sharing all this.

Just formatted one of my flash drives to ext3. Not sure whether to tackle this tonight or tomorrow though. A bit tired tonight and we all know most screwups are caused by those late night jobs lol. I hope this hack still works on the 3005, as that's what I'm on..

Don't see why it wouldn't work on 3005... But I did just re-login as root (I didn't need to do anything extra - the firmware doesn't delete everything that's done already) and I now have a Version.1 file and no xxx.0 file - so it looks like it cycles around for protection, you may need to edit xxx.0 or xxx.1 whichever you currently have. (That's probably what tricked those with a brick!)

I timed how long SamyGO takes to boot too: was a couple of minutes since I plugged in the USB key before putty allowed a connection.

Edited by Guest

I figured any would do... So I just used iis. Someone else said use xitami (a very basic one) so it doesn't need to do much.

Oh, also the file in unix is called "Version.0" or "Version.1" when you use vi inside the TV... See the capital letter? Unix is case sensitive with filenames.

(Commands in vi I used were "i" for insert mode with backspace to remove letters being replaced, then esc to get back out and ":wq" for command, write, quit. You will need that much Linux smarts to edit the file using putty.

along with "cd " ... always put a space after "cd"!, "ls -l" - the usual ways to move around the directory and see stuff!)

Edited by Guest

putty is just the terminal emulator... You should look up those commands I edited into the post previously. (Remember linux uses / and not \ too!)

Edited by Guest

Damn. Well It's time I own up to my stupidity yesterday lol. I was going through the extended service menu on the TV and then I was guessing other secret codes on the remote, and guess what? It's in some kind of mode now where the TV won't allow the source button on the remote to do anything, the same with the numbers and the media player button. And I have to hold the power button on the remote for a few seconds to turn it off. It hasn't been a serious problem because can still access source etc through the menu, but of course now, because I can't use the numbers, I can't create the 'develop' user in internet tv, so I'm screwed lol.

Been trying to 'unlock' whatever it is I've done, and there's nothing much in the service menu. I can't bring up extended service menu because need hotel mode for that, and seems only way of doing that is the mute119enter . Argh!

Only thing I can think of at the moment is to use a proxy or something to make the pc the server for internetTV since I can't set the server in there?

Tried a full reset? What was it, the exit button for 5 seconds or something? (I always do a full reset in the service menu too. There's a selection for that, but it took a couple of seconds last time to work though.)

Edited by Guest

Yep, factory reset, everything, still the same. It's quite an odd mode whatever it's in. My own stupidity 100%. But I actually at the time was hoping to bring up some fancy 3d settings menu for this crosstalk issue lol. Talk about irony.

Hey, so in that internettv development menu with the server setting, do you know what it's set to by default without changing it??

I'm thinking maybe I can somehow hook TV up through LAN and redirect that server to localhost instead?????? Yikes, getting a bit beyond me now lol. You have any ideas abou tthat?

From memory there's two items, set server - which initially has blank values... I changed it to 192.168.0.91 (my http machine). And the sync. option which does the update and returns.

I think you're going to need to re-enter the service menu and write down all the values you see. Maybe I can enter it and give you the differences - sometime tonight, it's being used at the moment though.

Thanks heaps.

Not much in there though really, and I don't think I ever did change anything in the extended, not that I can see that now anyway.

One thing I'm curious about is if you have a 'LOCK 0' on the info on the main page in service menu? I don't think that's normal?

Anyway,

Option Menu - > Type: 58FAmV1D

Greyed out options - Local Set: AD_Au, Model PC7000

Tuner SEC_TC

DDR (nothing)

Front Color W-Violet

Control Menu > Sub Option Menu >

RS232 jack : UART

Watchdog: on

WD COUNT 0

Dimm TYpe nothing

LVDS FOrmat: PDP

OTA test OFF

OTN server type operating

OTN test server OFF

OTN suppport ON

OTN duration OFF

OTN fail test OFF

Sound and config option.. well nothing of importance in there anyway, just the HDMI and timings etc

umm HDMI ROBIN = ON

HDMI CALLBACK ON

the rest is just really nothing in there

and that's all I have.

Damn

And it doesn't even have anything in 'date of purchase' now. It always stayed there even after factory reset.

And Hotel option just shows a few greyed out options for it but no option to enable/disable

Shop option shows nothing but I can enter that by holding down menu button on TV while powerup. Tried all that, but tv still doesn't allow source/number/media button on remote

Yeah, all those settings are the same on mine. I just reset everything back after the full reset on exit... Took a while, sorry.

I did see the REMOCON Pairing value of 0 : sounded interesting, but I couldn't change it to anything else. So nope.

Select log type : IR Key - was another, looking at the log, I do have some numbers in it... "IR Key" is always where I leave it too, there are other logs but not as interesting, some are empty.

Does the red light on the IR sensor flash when you press those non-functioning keys? Do they then appear in the log? I'm just thinking of ruling out a broken remote - maybe you can use a universal one? I think my Onkyo remote can be set to do all those functions.

There is also one other thing in the normal TV menus, about remote pairing or something - I've not really looked, but the help tip implies it's about using multiple remotes in the same room or something?

Might have to call it a night for now though, sorry.

And it doesn't even have anything in 'date of purchase' now. It always stayed there even after factory reset.

Same here, although just looking before I did notice it updated to 23rd Dec 2010! That's a first! It was always April before - before I got the TV!

One thing I'm curious about is if you have a 'LOCK 0' on the info on the main page in service menu? I don't think that's normal?

Didn't remember to look, sorry, but I don't think it said that. It's not something easily forgotten.

No need say sorry, I really appreciate your help. Time for me to sleep soon too anyway

Yeah the TV sees when I press those buttons. The power button is what makes me think that the remote is fine, because the TV will not power off unless I hold the button for several seconds.

I've tried learning those buttons in question on a uni' remote, but same deal. And yeah interesting enough though, my IR KEY log doesn't seem to record any of those button presses except for the power button when I hold it down to turn off. It record that as 'IDSECRTPWR OFF' (secret power off). And from memory I think my remocon pairing was always as X in the service menu.

So most of the day I've been just trying senseless codes on the remote in hopes to reverse it lol.

I think a firmware upgrade/downgrade might fix it back up, but not much chance of that is there.

AGain I appreciate your help. I'll no doubt keep trying more stuff tomorrow. I'll be greatful if you come up with any more ideas

Thanks

Edited by marauderxp

lol, they floated away. No good :( Thanks again tho.

Just so odd that only those buttons are locked out. I mean I had the TV in Hotel mode, shop mode and saw all the goodie options, but didn't change any of them. And then I just HAD to guess other codes didn't I.. and yeah of course I stumbled on to one.... a self destruct type one unfortunately!

Edited by marauderxp