New Theatre Room

and you need to update your equipment list. Which pre have you gone with?

updated*. Wyred for Sound STP-SE. Needed a 'doofa' until I have the dosh for a REF5 or something else from ARC. Heard the WFS was decent for the coin - and it is completely balanced which was important.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My god...... just wow mate. How do you find that sub? @@Juicester

Was a lot of patient waiting mate because I couldn't afford the buy new price. Always wanted the Rel B2 due to its ability to simultaneously connect to stereo and multi channel operations (my old standmount speakers needed more help than the new ones). I actually had it shipped from Brisbane from a fellow SNA'er!
  • Like 1

System looks awesome! Some great great there. I don't think those Miles 5's in the classifieds would fit...

Thanks mate. The Miles 5 are the same size as the Miles 3 as I understand it, and they fit perfectly (as you can see)...

Very nice Juicy babe, interesting to go through the whole thread and see the changes.

Are you happy with this rig vs the Plinius gear? Or just a different type of awesome?

Had a huge soft spot for the Plinius but could never get the HT Bypass to work without issue and the Plinius had more watts on tap than my new speakers require. It's commonly held that Marten drivers (ceramic) work well with tubes. The Plinius did dynamics well but the wfs and arc set up is more transparent and obviously has that lovely tube 'organic' nature. The Plinius CD101 probably had the edge over my modded JLTI Oppo 105 - but the convenience of Dac/ Blu Ray and Streamer in one is hard to beat (and meant that I could sell the streaming set up to buy a TT which I am absolutely in love with). I'm very happy with the Marten's - they are in a different league to the Auditor M's which were hard to sell. They have made my Rel B2 somewhat redundant for stereo listening given their bass extension and the metal grills are a god send with little prying fingers.. ;) Gloss black is a bit mundane but if I move them on they will have wide appeal and I won't lose much on trade value given the bargain I landed them for. I'd love to get an Arc Ref phono stage and pre and then eventually swap the 110 power amp (which is amazing) for something else in the Arc line.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...