Sign in to follow this  
Ralfi

Cricket: On Gem

No, the cricket finished at 6pm and Nine went to news and GEM went to The Nanny. Right now the cricket is on Nine and Friends is on GEM.

In Melbourne, GEM stayed with NINE until pretty late - infact Firewall was being screened on GEM (in SD) without a watermark (no 9 or GEM watermarks at all).

Certainly it looked like after the first session finished and the cricket went to their tea break, the signal changed from HD to SD, because the last hour of the cricket was in SD (and so was the news, and the programs afterwards as well)

Looks like for some reason you had different programming on GEM, but Melbourne didnt.

Besides, the NBL game on ONE was more exciting - Tigers, with a 12 point lead at one stage, then went 10-12 points down, only to stage a come back and in the end lose by one 4... was far more exciting than the cricket (and seeing those damn Commonwealth Bank logos just adds to the frustration of watching cricket)

Besides, the NBL game on ONE was more exciting - Tigers, with a 12 point lead at one stage, then went 10-12 points down, only to stage a come back and in the end lose by one 4... was far more exciting than the cricket (and seeing those damn Commonwealth Bank logos just adds to the frustration of watching cricket)

:lol: ... yeah right, and that NBL is just riveting. :rolleyes: Each to their own I guess... ;)

JSmith :ninja:

:lol: ... yeah right, and that NBL is just riveting. :rolleyes: Each to their own I guess... ;)

:) The joel monaghan saga is more entertaining ; horses for courses ; woops let me rephrase that :blush:

Told the Cricket is in HD overseas but not in Oz (unless you wait for foxsports replays) ...

What are the laws on false and misleading advertising in this country?

Correct me if i'm wrong but Gem has been constantly running promotions of Sport on GEM in 5.1 HD :angry: ..

Time we had more real competition in FTA not more cheap channels from the current lot!

i think gem Channle is doing False TV Ashes Adds

for next week.

By you way

Gems is not showing australia a test match in hobart today

I've just confirmed on the telephone with nines programming department that the Ashes has been pulled from GEM earlier in the week due to a "late programming change". I joked with her that we would have old re-runs instead and she confirmed that this would be the case. I politely pointed out that I was disappointed and that I was looking forward to HD cricket at which time I was informed my complaint would be passed up the chain. She also said that quote "everyone" has been calling about this, so we're not the only ones who are p!ssed off about this. Let's hope they change their mind for the next game... -_-

Geez, sports broadcasting in this country really is nothing but a big joke

Yeah your quite correct... unfortunately the joke is on us! :(

I'll be quite happy though to be just able to watch it for free, but the gripe is that they actually advertised it as being in HD on GEM.