Cricket: On Gem

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been logged in for a while but with the Ashes starting today, I felt I had to comment.

Dear Channel Nine,

You are an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE showing the Ashes, in 2010, in the crappiest SD picture on your SD channel while on your HD channel you show an upscaled 4X3 episode of Friends.

Your channel does not deserve to have the FTA broadcast rights to this sporting event.

I will be making my feelings known to the Office of the Broadcasting Minister and to Cricket Australia also.

I haven't been logged in for a while but with the Ashes starting today, I felt I had to comment.

Dear Channel Nine,

You are an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE showing the Ashes, in 2010, in the crappiest SD picture on your SD channel while on your HD channel you show an upscaled 4X3 episode of Friends.

Your channel does not deserve to have the FTA broadcast rights to this sporting event.

I will be making my feelings known to the Office of the Broadcasting Minister and to Cricket Australia also.

+ 1

JSmith :ninja:

Stuff that, even though I'm annoyed I can't watch the ashes in HD, I am still glad to be watching it for free... ^_^

JSmith :ninja:

Well, unfortunately, if you are any sort of sports fan (eg. AFL, both rugby codes, tennis, soccer etc) in this country, Foxtel is a must have. I am happy to pay, because they are they only "network" who provide decent sports at decent quality levels. They are also the only ones doing any sort of innovating. Free to Air have abused their rights advantages for too long - this is hopefully the last the straw before we get change, to bring us at least in line with other countries.

i allway feel past that cricket put it on the wrong channle

i feel that Gem channle is a woman channle

The Go Channle is for Youth and Sport HD includeing

Today Ashes in Brisbane.

anyone argee with me on my this point?

Edited by Liam98

Nine Sydney now say that none of the Ashes will be on GEM because "we had too many complaints when we showed the warm up matches".

Call them and complain, evidently they're keeping count, enough complaints the other way and a reversal perhaps...

Channel Nine Sydney (02) 9906-9999

Channel Nine Melbourne (03) 9420-3111

Channel Nine Brisbane (07) 3214-9999

Channel Nine Adelaide (08) 8267 0111

Channel Nine Perth (08) 9449 9999

For the Win Tv Country viewer outside

you can complant to Win tv, Wollongong about the cricket coverage not on Gem HD

there Win tv, Wollongong is

WIN TV National

WIN Corporation Pty Ltd

Television Avenue, MT ST Thomas NSW 2500

Locked Bag 8800 Wollongong NSW 2500

Fax: (02) 4227 3682

Phone: (02) 4223 4199

Allso Win tv Number in canberra

(02) 6234 5699

Win Tv Hobart number is

(03) 62288999

Edited by Liam98

Call them and complain, evidently they're keeping count, enough complaints the other way and a reversal perhaps...

Channel Nine Sydney (02) 9906-9999

Channel Nine Melbourne (03) 9420-3111

Channel Nine Brisbane (07) 3214-9999

Channel Nine Adelaide (08) 8267 0111

Channel Nine Perth (08) 9449 9999

Was just going to post those numbers.

Called them all up. Got told reasons ranging from; the HD channel wasn't pulling enough viewers (Syd), there's a problem in Sydney/Melb that's getting repaired (Adelaide), & that they never advertised it in HD to begin with (Perth). Melbourne receptionist spoke like I insulted her & hung up without saying goodbye...second time Melb didn't seem to care.....not good enough.

Just rang 9 and complained and basically they said they received a large influx of complaints the last time they displayed cricket in HD on gem and decided to listen to them and not put cricket on GEM. People complained that they were showing cricket on 2 TV channels, they didn't seem to get that GEM is meant to be there to display HD sport when it is available. The guy who answered me was very helpful and he said he personally shared the same view that it should be in HD but that there was little that could be changed and if more people ring and complain then hopefully it will change for the next test.

This is the response I got on the GEM Facebook page.

"GEM: Hi Paul. It's important to us to provide greater choice for all our viewers. Therefore we made the decision not to show cricket on GEM in order to give all our viewers who are not cricket fans other options

through GEM and GO. Thanks for the comment. We are always looking for viewer feedback."

Maybe they forgot what they advertised when GEM launched.

Channel Nine Announces a new GEM

"GEM will be a mix of new content, classic comedies, cherished drama series, all-time favorite movies, and all of Nine’s sport coverage in high definition."

Edited by Huggies

Maybe they forgot what they advertised when GEM launched.

Channel Nine Announces a new GEM

"GEM will be a mix of new content, classic comedies, cherished drama series, all-time favorite movies, and all of Nine’s sport coverage in high definition."

I don't have MyFaceSpaceBook account, perhaps someone who does could respond and remind them of just that and this.

"High definition sport will be seen on GEM until the digital switchover in December 2013."

Edited by EasterBunny

And to rub salt into the wound, the Aussies are going in to bat for a few overs before stumps tonight - bad luck if you happen to live in the Eastern states! How in the bloody hell is this allowed to happen in 2010??

Anti-siphoning my a*** :angry2:

Be interesting to see how the landscape changes after Conjob's announcment today...

Unbelievable!! Up here in Brisbane Nine started showing Antiques Roadshow at 5:00pm (6:00pm AEDT) when there was still half an hour of play left!!!. At least someone woke them up and we got the feed back after a couple of balls. Thankfully I'll get to see the game in hi def tomorrow when I go to the Gabba. Think I might take a banner with me. Something like - "I'd rather be watching The Nanny".

Edited by Grant

Just sent through a complaint. fat chance of them giving a damn though...

"Why not show culturally historical and major significant sporting events in HD? Shame on you after giving your word.

Source Channel 9 - "GEM will be a mix of new content, classic comedies, cherished drama series, all-time favorite movies, and all of Nine’s sport coverage in high definition."

and again - "High definition sport will be seen on GEM until the digital switchover in December 2013."

Just not good enough. We don't need to see 4:3 American Sitcom re-runs upscaled on GEM whilst the Ashes are pushed over to SD."